Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

[table][tr][td]Zito Isn't Happy Being No. 3 Starter[/td][/tr][tr][td]1st March, 2010 - 5:22 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]MLB.com - Giants pitcher Barry Zito isn't content being the team's third starter heading into the 2010 season.

He has four years remaining on his seven-year, $126 million contract.

"I wouldn't say I'm fine with it, I'm not," Zito told MLB.com.

"I'm competitive by nature, and of course, I want to be the guy.It's important. But the way I pitched in 2008, it didn't deem me worthyof being the No. 1 starter going into last season. But no, I'm nothappy being a No. 3 starter."

San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said on Sunday that Zito probablywill be slotted in the second game when Spring Training begins for theGiants on Wednesday.

"I want to earn my stature back. I don't expect anybody to give itto me," Zito said. "I want to be a top-of-the-rotation guy again. Iwant to be out there on Opening Day, getting the win. It's important tome." [READ]

[/td][/tr][/table]
Why is Zito all of the sudden mad? Last time I checked, Timmy just won back to back Cy-Young's who deserves the Opening Day Start. I do like him at #2.

Who the hell Zito think he is?
laugh.gif

Is this a joke
laugh.gif

I do like him at #2.
Only reason I'd see him being number two is if Bochy doesn't want three straight left handers at the back end. He pitched a lot better but I think Cain should be 2nd clearly.

I'd rather see Zito in the 4 spot than the 2nd.

The hell is up with Zito for what reason he wants to pitch ahead of a person with 2 straight cy youngs, let alone matt cain who is a pitcher capable of being an ace, he should know his place #3 starter is reasonable, it could even be generous

03.01.10 - Full Squad Practice (Intrasquad Game)

This is the last day of practice before the 2010 Cactus League season official begins on Wednesday against the Mariners. I didn’t take a lot of pictures today, was more interested in watching the game than anything. Even though the game was for “fun,

Ehhh. I mean, what do you expect Zito to say? Just trying to save face with the $126M he's getting. I hope he pitches like it. We know and he knows who the real ace of the pitching staff is.

I hope it's Timmy, Zito, Cain, Dirty, and fifth. I don't want to see Zito on opening day at AT&T.
laugh.gif

anyone already buy tickets for opening day, i think im gonna skip school to go, havent been this excited for a season in a while

I bought SRO tickets for opening day (anyone need one for face?
nerd.gif
), but purchased season tickets a couple days ago, so I'll be sitting in those. The box office price for Boston tickets are super inflated.

^
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, you can't be mad at Barry. Like he said, he's just competitive. I am happy that he wants that #1 spot, and hopefully he'll continue building on his 09 season and get back to his old self. It's not impossible.

Damn I've been so busy I haven't even looked closely at the Giant's schedule this year. I went to the Boston series a few years back (Pedro game) and would love to go to that one this year too.

My only must-see games would be at least one of the Boston series and my goal is to get to all 4 Mets games.

Why are people mad at Zito wanting to be more than the #3? Is he better than Lincecum or Cain? Clearly no, but Im glad he is trying to strive to be.

And I will 100%, absolutely NOT be going to snuggie night.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
According to Wikipedia, your BFF, Bob Fitzgerald loves Snuggies.

[h3]Personal Life[/h3]
Bob Fitzgerald is an avid Snuggie enthusiast.

I believe this 110%. When has Wikipedia ever lied to us?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why are people mad at Zito wanting to be more than the #3? Is he better than Lincecum or Cain? Clearly no, but Im glad he is trying to strive to be.
Exactly what I wanted to say.

I love that Zito is focused and glad that his mind is right.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
According to Wikipedia, your BFF, Bob Fitzgerald loves Snuggies.

[h3]Personal Life[/h3]
Bob Fitzgerald is an avid Snuggie enthusiast.

I believe this 110%. When has Wikipedia ever lied to us?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

3849509353_74bc186798.jpg

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Exactly what I wanted to say.

I love that Zito is focused and glad that his mind is right.

People are just tired of hearing this crap.  Great, he wants to be more than a #3.  Great, he's competitive.  Great, he's in the best shape of his life.  He was saying the same +@#! last spring training.  Granted he went out and had his best season as a Giant but that's not saying much.  His overall performance was that of a #3/#4 pitcher.  To praise a dude for his focus and mindset is laughable.  Especially if this guy is making $18 million a year.

Back
Top Bottom