Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by dland24

No LB.....management has repeatedly said that Zito's contract has no impact on our signings or lack of signings.

I'm sorry but thats BS and we both know it.

laugh.gif
Completely over your head.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Game 1 - Mariners - Peoria

Baseball came back in a big way, an extra inning marathon in Peoria.

Diamond Notes:

- Our Franchise, Tim Lincecum, took the hill in the Cactus League opener today. He only went 1IP as you will see in the box score. The command wasn’t there today for Tim, as he was leaving balls up and not hitting the strike zone. You could tell something may have been a little off even from his warm up throws in the outfield before the game. He threw two baseballs in the driveway that players come out of because they soared over Bengie’s head when playing catch. No worries though, He said he felt good, and the delivery was just a little off today. 2 consecutive CY Young’s tells you he knows what he needs to adjust to get things right.

- Lincecum also faced Griffey, who ended up with a loud Sac Fly to RF. I could have sworn that ball was out of the yard but it ended up being caught right in front of the visitor’s bullpen by Nate Schierholtz.

- The beginning to the game couldn’t have gone any better, highlighted by Aubrey Huff’s first homerun as a Giant. A great way to get himself acquainted with the fans. and it wasn’t a cheapy either. Drove to Right Center it woke up the people sunbathing on the berm.

- Pitching: As I said, Lincecum had his struggles, but so did a couple other pitchers that came in. Osiris Matos pitched the second and escaped unscathed despite 3 BB’s. Denny Bautista and Waldis Jaoquin both gave up 2 runs, and were all over the place location wise. They would get behind in the count and have to come in and get burned. Bumgarner, Hinshaw, Wilson, Edlefsen, and Romero had great outings as short as they were. Edlefsen would probably be the highlight as his stuff is pretty electric. He’s got a sidearm delivery that looks like he’s slinging the ball at you but the velocity is pretty awesome. As a statement to that, one Mariner swung so hard at a breaking pitch that his bat went flying in to the stands, the next pitch he proceeded to strike out swinging.

- Alot of the prospects got to play the second half of this game, which is always welcome. I can’t watch these kids play enough. So much heart, so much talent.

Darren Ford continued being a speed demon as he beat out an almost routine ground ball to short by about a step. I’m telling you he’s one of the fastest players I have ever seen. Phoenix needs to set up one of those speed limit cameras on the first base line.

Thomas Neal also got in to the game in LF, but only had one AB due to getting drilled in the side of the head by Ricky Orta. He didn’t collapse at the plate but was definitely shaken up. He was able to walk off the field and seemed to be laughing a bit, so I hope he is doing well and wasn’t injured. Nothing is as scary as seeing someone get drilled in the dome. There is a photo of the ball ricocheting off of Neal’s helmet, I wasn’t focused when it happened but it can give you a glimpse of the hit.

- I also sat next to Bill Neukom the whole game, which was pretty cool. I didn’t want to bother him, so I just minded my own business. However, I got to tell you, he really is a fan of the game. He was sitting right behind the net and next to the Giants Dugout, conversing with Will Clark every now and again. The best part though, is he was cheering for the Giants, and specifically our players by name. I don’t know why that spoke to me, but it just shows that sometimes, executives can take off the bow tie, and be fans of the game just like us. It’s good to know we have person that actually enjoys baseball and isn’t ashamed to sit down in the seats, wear orange and black, and cheer on the guys.

4405558562_e56c9953ff.jpg

4405563370_a320497e0f.jpg

4405568224_e060518cc1.jpg

Originally Posted by sinser13

laugh.gif
you guys should of had Mota hit him
Or Valdez. Should've kept him on the 40 man just for this.
laugh.gif

Zito's "fastball" probably just tickled Fielder's fat.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by sinser13

laugh.gif
you guys should of had Mota hit him
Or Valdez. Should've kept him on the 40 man just for this.
laugh.gif

Zito's "fastball" probably just tickled Fielder's fat.

roll.gif

For those that don't remember

Paybacks a $%@#%
laugh.gif

We need a Hitler rant of Zito wanting to be the 2nd starter in the rotation
nerd.gif

Paybacks a $%@#%
laugh.gif

If you consider payback coming in the form of an 80 mile per hour baseball being padded by fat and excess jersey, sure.

Didn't seem to phase Fielder one bit.

Zito still my boy though 
pimp.gif

^ Ture but its the thought that counts

Dam! Where was Feliz Rodriguez or Armando Benitez when we need em a nice 99/100 mph over throw
ohwell.gif

Hey what's up fellow Giants fans. Didn't want to start a new thread on this, but is anyone planning on going to take a trip down to LA to see the Giants play the Dodgers April 16-18? Trying to find other Giants fans that will be going. I'll be down there that weekend and would prefer not to be attending as a sole giants fan.

Let me know, maybe we can meet up and get tickets together. If anyone is brave enough to enter enemy territory that is!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ Dodger Stadium is good times. Going down there last September was probably the most fun I had at baseball games last season. There are a bunch of displaced Giants fans in SoCal. Yeah, you get a lot of $++%, but at least your not alone.

I think we give Dodger fans more crap at AT&T. Wearing blue in the LF bleachers is game over.
laugh.gif

Game 2 - Brewers - Scottsdale

2-0 in the Cactus league feels real good, even if the games don’t mean anything.

Yesterday we had a lead and lost it. Today, we rallied back from being down 3 runs to win it. These kind of games are so much better than 11-1 beat downs during Spring, you actually get to pay close attention for a full 9.

Diamond Notes:

- Well, we knew it was going to happen sometime and Barry Zito got the call today. On the very first pitch to Fielder, Zito drilled him between the numbers. Everyone in the house probably knew why, and cheering was abundant. The one classless thing that I want to tell you about is Fielder’s walk to 1B. On his way out of the box, he actually grabbed the ball that hit him and flung it over the mound by Zito. He also started clapping at 1B. Nothing happened beyond that, but come on, just shut up, wear it, and take your base. It’s not like he didn’t know why he was hit or anything. Honestly I’m surprised the umps didn’t do anything. Maybe it’s not a big deal in the baseball code book, but I thought it was kind of bush.

- Pitching: Honestly, I didn’t think today’s pitchers were that off. Definitely had their struggles, but managed to keep the damage to a minimum which allowed us to come back and win. Zito wasn’t the best location and control wise. Affeldt also had struggles, and didn’t seem to be his usual shut down self. That said, he did induce another one of his many double plays, albeit from a runner he put on 1B instead of inherited. Wellemeyer, Sosa, Turpen, Hinshaw, Medders, and Romo all had pretty good outings. Kind of surprised Hinshaw got in the game since he pitched yesterday. I guess one batter wasn’t enough of a workout. Romo got the save and looked really good, striking out 2.

I also just realized who Todd Wellemeyer reminds me of, Kevin Correia.

- Thomas Neal didn’t get in the game today, but he was suited up and watched from the dugout. Quite frankly you wouldn’t know he was thumped yesterday. Glad that he is doing well.

- There were a ton of cool plays today. The first being a throw to to get Rickie Weeks trying to advance to 3B. The throw was there in plenty of time, but the best part is that Rickie began his slide at like the half way point on the base path. That would prove important because Pablo was essentially waiting for him and tagged him on the butt right when his face met the dirt. It was pretty classic. I provided “widescreen versions

Any suggestions of where i should sit, or NOT sit. Any helpful hints would be great!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

I think we give Dodger fans more crap at AT&T. Wearing blue in the LF bleachers is game over.
laugh.gif
I disagree with that.

I've seen Dodger fans pack AT&T Park and no one gave them any crap.  Giants fans are generally soft when it comes to that.

Originally Posted by DJ iD4

Any suggestions of where i should sit, or NOT sit. Any helpful hints would be great!

Thanks!
i'll say this. you get what you pay for. therefore no OF pavilion
laugh.gif

And the higher up the wedding cake you sit, the worse off you'll be.

Take this as a courtesy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by DJ iD4

Thanks!
i'll say this. you get what you pay for. therefore no OF pavilion
laugh.gif

And the higher up the wedding cake you sit, the worse off you'll be.

Take this as a courtesy
laugh.gif
OF Pavilion = Death?
Upper Deck = Lost Limb?
Middle Deck = Finger?
Lower/Field Level = Maybe a nail???

Does that sound about right?? LOL

Kind of excited to try out a dodger dog n see what they're all about!

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

laugh.gif
I disagree with that.

I've seen Dodger fans pack AT&T Park and no one gave them any crap.  Giants fans are generally soft when it comes to that.

Yeah true. Anywhere in the lower deck and the closer to the plate you are, opposing fans usually don't get any grief. In the bleachers, a fight or two generally breaks out during the Dodger games around the seventh inning or so.

Back
Top Bottom