Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

this definately made up for that niners loss lol
Yup. Was talking to friends yesterday after the loss about that subject and said I would definitely take a Niners loss for a Giants win.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Great season and now to the playoffs. Can anybody explaun why the Giants are playing Atlanta (wild card) instead of Cincy?
Teams cannot play someone in their division in the NLDS.  And because we have a better record than Cincy, the Giants have home-field against the Braves rather than travel to Philly.

Heyward ROY > Posey

Thanks for the much needed win guys.

See ya in the Playoffs last time Braves went to SF we took 3/4 games and could've swept but I like our chances.

Braves suck

Sig check
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Heyward ROY > Posey

See ya in the Playoffs last time Braves went to SF we took 3/4 games and could've swept but I like our chances.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

get outta here with that statement...if Buster doesn't get this award it's pure robbery...

Come on now even he doesn't believe that 
laugh.gif

It's hard for me to imagine the Giants losing this series but I'm just glad to be watching Giants baseball in October.

Lincecum v. D. Lowe in Game 1 Favorable match up for us especially with Timmy on extended rest.

Lowe has done well against us this year. 2-0 with a 2.38 ERA in 11.1 innings. The Giants absolutely have to stay patient or they'll be grounding out all night long.

So who do we cut for the 25 man roster?

I'm not even sure how many players we have to cut to get down to 25, anyone know?

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Heyward ROY > Posey

actually the braves took 3/4 when the series was in ATL in august... the Giants took 2/3 when the braves came to SF in April

im sorry, but no way they are going to carry ford over nate in the outfield.

and i'd actually want to see them replace edgar with ishi since ishi brings that pitch hit ability.

....if it was really up to me, i'd keep guillen, renteria, & rowand off the roster.

If it was up to me, the roster would be like this......
1. Buster Posey

2. Eli Whiteside

3. Aubrey Huff

4. Travis Ishikawa

5. Freddy Sanchez

6. Mike Fontenot

7. Juan Uribe

8. Pablo Sandoval

9. Pat Burrell

10. Cody Ross

11. Andres Torres

12. Nate Schierholtz

13. Jose Guillen

14. Tim Lincecum

15. Matt Cain

16. Jonathan Sanchez

17. Barry Zito

18. Madison Bumgarner

19. Brian Wilson

20. Sergio Romo

21. Jeremy Affeldt

22. Javier Lopez

23. Santiago Casilla

24. Ramon Ramirez

25. Darren Ford

I think Renteria makes it over Ford though.  And I wonder if Mota makes it over either Bumgarner or Zito.  We really dont need 5 starters in a best of 5 series.

Congrats to the Giants. I'm a Dodger fan that bet $100 at the beginning of the season the Giants would win the division. Gave me an ulcer over the weekend but they got it done.

And I'm not even worried about y'all ending that 56 year drought because I know y'all won't.
happy.gif

Just a random thought: who was the guy that was comparing Brian Wilson to Armando Benitez earlier in the season?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Just a random thought: who was the guy that was comparing Brian Wilson to Armando Benitez earlier in the season?
roll.gif

That would be Sriracha Hot Sauce.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, that was an amazing win. I was trying my best to follow the games when I was in Seattle. Friday night, me and my boy went to a sports bar to watch the game. Saturday afternoon, I was following the box scores on my computer. I couldn't find a stream anywhere
30t6p3b.gif
. Then Sunday afternoon when we were driving back, my boy just told me about his MLB Live app. I was like, "where was that at the past two days?!"
laugh.gif
. Anyway, we listened to the game on the drive back home. The battery on his phone was about to die so we stopped at a Best Buy somewhere in Washington to buy a car charger
laugh.gif
. I was so freakin' pumped! Glad my brother DVR'd the game. I'm going to watch it tomorrow just to put Jon and Dave's voices along with actual video of what happened.

ay7bix.gif
yeah! Giants NL West Champs!!
r2iwko.gif
r2iwko.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

roll.gif

287oq4w.jpg

SMH at that clown comparing Wilson to Benitez.
30t6p3b.gif

Being at AT&T yesterday was awesome! The crowd roared on every Padres out, more so with the DP in the 6th to force out Gonzalez and Ludwick; Ramirez' K on Tejada; and of course the final out. I don't know if they showed it on CSN but they had a video montage from the beginning of the season until the last weekend. Being there with this team all season long and reminiscing of the highs and the lows and having it all culminate to yesterday's clinching of the NL West made my eyes well up with tears. Then Timmy dropping that F bomb was
laugh.gif

BRING ON THE BRAVES!

Back
Top Bottom