Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

33jmuyo.jpg
I felt bad that Pierre had to leave. Although lol'n at whitener going "y'all can clean this @#! up..."

33jmuyo.jpg
I felt bad that Pierre had to leave. Although lol'n at whitener going "y'all can clean this @#! up..."

as a niner fan stuck here in snowy seattle, i hope to god this snow dies down by friday! got my plane tix booked, my game ticket locked up, and i'm ready to get out of here! CAN'T WAIT! NINERS!!!!!!!

as a niner fan stuck here in snowy seattle, i hope to god this snow dies down by friday! got my plane tix booked, my game ticket locked up, and i'm ready to get out of here! CAN'T WAIT! NINERS!!!!!!!

I'M STILL RECOVERING FROM SATURDAY! I turned to my buddy and told him that this his Alex's time and everything the Faithful has said about him will be washed away if he leads us to a victory. I am proud to say he's my QB. I cried when he ran that TD. He just proved me wrong and I loved it, I was happy for him at that moment. Everyone in my section was started chanting his name. Then he did again with the pitch to Vernon! Looks like I might be dusting that #11 jersey out of my closet for next week's game! I hope he continues to feed me crow. 
WHO'S GOING TO THE GAME NEXT WEEK? 

LET'S GO NINERS!

I'M STILL RECOVERING FROM SATURDAY! I turned to my buddy and told him that this his Alex's time and everything the Faithful has said about him will be washed away if he leads us to a victory. I am proud to say he's my QB. I cried when he ran that TD. He just proved me wrong and I loved it, I was happy for him at that moment. Everyone in my section was started chanting his name. Then he did again with the pitch to Vernon! Looks like I might be dusting that #11 jersey out of my closet for next week's game! I hope he continues to feed me crow. 
WHO'S GOING TO THE GAME NEXT WEEK? 

LET'S GO NINERS!

TEAM[color= rgb(204, 153, 51)]49ERS except ALEX SMITH[/color]
[color= rgb(204, 153, 51)]
[/color]

[/color]

[/color]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I say you keep this until he's consistent.[/font]

[/color]

[/color]

[/color]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I say you keep this until he's consistent.[/font]

That differs for everyone. I'm really happy for Smith and 49ers fans but I won't suddenly forget all the years of disappointment we all have had with him. Even in last week's game, on 3rd and 10 he was throwing for 7 yards. That's just who he is, I guess. To me that's incredibly frustrating.

That differs for everyone. I'm really happy for Smith and 49ers fans but I won't suddenly forget all the years of disappointment we all have had with him. Even in last week's game, on 3rd and 10 he was throwing for 7 yards. That's just who he is, I guess. To me that's incredibly frustrating.

Originally Posted by What up

I don't recall the specific play, but I guess that doesn't matter so much since they were pretty bad on 3rd down all day.  However, the issue you should have w/ him is, does he latch on to that ONE receive 4-5 yards short? Or is that his 2nd or 3rd read.  Basically, is he missing anyone down the field for the first down?   Sure it's hard to tell, but if he's taking the snap and firing it off shortly thereafter one would assume he has his mind made up as to where he'll go with the ball.

Personally, some of the play calling is to blame too.  There have been some pretty terrible 3rd down plays throughout the year.

I don't recall the specific play, but I guess that doesn't matter so much since they were pretty bad on 3rd down all day.  However, the issue you should have w/ him is, does he latch on to that ONE receive 4-5 yards short? Or is that his 2nd or 3rd read.  Basically, is he missing anyone down the field for the first down?   Sure it's hard to tell, but if he's taking the snap and firing it off shortly thereafter one would assume he has his mind made up as to where he'll go with the ball.

Personally, some of the play calling is to blame too.  There have been some pretty terrible 3rd down plays throughout the year.

[/color]

[/color]

[/color]

Don't worry I plan on it. 
laugh.gif
 I love to eat crow. 

[/color]

[/color]

[/color]

Don't worry I plan on it. 
laugh.gif
 I love to eat crow. 

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Co-sign on the play calling.  I have a hard time believing though that receivers are told to run routes that won't net them a first down.  Smith gets skittish, throws short (likely the most open of the receivers) and its 4th down and time to punt.  
Alex Smith needs to drive this team down the field more often.  He did that on the last 2 drives but I need to see it more.  Not only in absolute dire times of the football game.

Back
Top Bottom