Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you purposely NOT use the multi quote option? If so why?

Do you have some type of renegade agenda against it or are you just trying to get your stats up?

Serious questions.

i doubt i need to get my stats up. ive been here since 1999....with 30,000 posts

i read through then reply. that simple. been doing that since the beginning. you are the first to complain.

somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed....

So is the Bucks goal every single year to be the 8th seed? They're aiming that way now and it seems like they've been like that for the last 8 years.

Vince is arguably the best Raptor of all time and could be called a top 5 player in Nets history, he'll be in the Hall of Fame. Do I think he is one, no, but that's because I soured on him when he decided to take games off instead of dominating like Mamba.

Top player in Raptors History, Top 3 in Nets history, Best Dunker in history(I think hes better than MJ), and 20k  + points, and overall a good guy who stayed out of trouble. Guy is HOF material.

Vince will be, but that's because the hall of fame is pathetic and anyone gets in. :smh:

When Vince Carter is getting into the hall for doing nothing more than dunking creatively, you know the hall is officially watered down trash.

NBA needs a damn overhaul with their own hall of fame. No more of this ****. :smh:

And please, I beg you guys, stop saying top 3 Raptor, or top 3 Net, like that's supposed to help his case. Raptor, Net. Hardly a resume builder there guys. Come on. I'd list North Carolina WAY before I got to the Nets and/or Raptors.

Last edited:
That comment about the multi quote thing
laugh.gif

he did get 7 reps for his complaint so mission accomplished
laugh.gif

the only guy i ever notice who muti quotes in one post is you antidote.
Thats cause its so convenient. I love the multiquote feature. It could be better on mobiel though.
All three of them should and will be in the HOF.
No way on Vince.
SMH this again.
Kinda weird how his Tracy's cousin Vince Carter had a longer NBA career than him. Vince had already played in 129 games more than Tracy.
Also all his career averages are higher
sick.gif
Dude avoided any major injuries, yet I never heard anyone mention Vince in a conversation for the last 5-6 years.
Serious? I've been saying that Vince Carter is a HoF player for months on here.

Hall of Fames will get devalued over time becuase there is no limit on how many people can get in. If there was it would exlcude some people who dont really deserve to be there but will get in, for example Vince Carter. Everyone who is in the top 30 in scoring is in the HoF and Vince Carter is in the top 30. Theyre going to send him by virtue of that alone, but if there was a number limit, then he would be excluded.

p>

http://niketalk.com/t/507195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread/32550

why should vince carter go into the hall of fame? 
laugh.gif

No player whos is top 30 in scoring is not in the HoF or a lock for the hall. By virtue of that stat he should go.
3 weeks ago... http://niketalk.com/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/13650

Don't forget the social significance of Webber's college team

Yup. They changed the landscape of college hoops. To this day, I don't own a pair of white socks. It's because of them.

I think Webber eventually gets in...not on his first year of elgibility, but eventually. . Putting himself out there with the media in his post-playing career will help his cause as well.

" id="yui_3_7_3_1_1362165208780_919" rel="https://statich.niketalk.com/smilies/laugh.gif">
laugh.gif
Thats awesome

Actually I don't think Vince Carter is either

Nah B. Vince is going in whether anyone likes it or not

There are players who aren't nearly as good as Webber in the Hall. He'll get in eventually.

Who are the HOFers not as good as Webber?

We can name a bunch of people. If we just started leaning towards the people who are in the hall solely becuase of their college careers while their NBA careers werent that impressive like Bill Bradley then we can at least bring up 6 names.
5 months ago.... http://niketalk.com/t/527573/do-you-think-c-webb-makes-the-hall/30

Yeah I've been on it.
Hes going you can not deny the mans numbers, he has HoF numbers. If he doesnt go then it devalues the hall much more than the fact that the number of people in it is unlimited devalues it.
Vince will be, but that's because the hall of fame is pathetic and anyone gets in.
mean.gif

When Vince Carter is getting into the hall for doing nothing more than dunking creatively, you know the hall is officially watered down trash.

NBA needs a damn overhaul with their own hall of fame. No more of this ****.
mean.gif

And please, I beg you guys, stop saying top 3 Raptor, or top 3 Net, like that's supposed to help his case. Raptor, Net. Hardly a resume builder there guys. Come on. I'd list North Carolina WAY before I got to the Nets and/or Raptors.
When he hangs it up he willbe top 25 in Scoring all time. In a league that has had tens of thousands of people come and go hes scored more points than all but 20 people. Everyone in top 30 of all time scoring is a HoF player, why not him? I agree with the Hall devaluing thing, we've discuessed this before, but he deserves to go.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen pictures of all the sleeved jerseys all the teams are supposed to wear this season? I thought I heard the lakers have one too. SMH

Lamar Odom is not the only basketball player who was high on drugs during the season -- not by a long shot, TMZ has learned.Multiple NBA-connected sources tell TMZ ... the big problem is that the league is only allowed to test players 4 times during a season. Because testing is randomized, the last test can be administered as early as January, and the season lasts for months thereafter. As one recently-retired NBA player put it, after the 4th test, "It's like Christmas Day. We can take whatever we want."One NBA-connected source says pot is "ubiquitous" in the sport. The source adds, however, that most athletes who indulge do so in moderation so it doesn't have a perceptible impact on their performance. An NBA rep tells us ... weed is not only prevalent, it's hardly hidden -- he says the hotel rooms where the players stay, and even the halls, have the telltale smell.The players we've spoken with all agree ... pot is prevalent. But some of the players say Lean -- Sprite and Codeine cough syrup -- has become a recreational drug of choice during the season. One player said it was even used during the recent playoffs.One current and famous player tells TMZ, he estimates 30% of his fellow NBAers use hard drugs -- including Molly, Ecstasy, and Lean -- at some point during the season. He says he's never been aware of anyone doing cocaine during the season. Another current and famous player tells us he estimates only 10% of NBA players use hard drugs, and no one uses cocaine during the season -- it's too risky. He also says Lean is a drug of choice.An NBA source agrees -- he estimates 10-15% of the players use hard drugs during the season.One NBA insider believes the drug use problem has gotten better over the last 5 years because of social media. He says players have been burned because pictures of them doing things they shouldn't be show up on Instagram and Facebook, and it's inhibited them.

chris webber shouldnt even be a question as to if he will get in the hall of fame. arguably the best big man passer of all time.

chris webber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.vince, tmac, penny, and any of niketalks other favorites.

guy was still putting up triple doubles at the twilight of his career...

Vince will be, but that's because the hall of fame is pathetic and anyone gets in. :smh:

NBA needs a damn overhaul with their own hall of fame. No more of this ****. :smh:

:lol: :lol: He never won diddily with either team, and they both played in the lousy east, but to be a top ranking player for two franchises is impressive, however lousy and sad those teams were. He's basically a rich man's Stephon Marbury in the sense that he got his but never made his teams elite as he should have.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He never won diddily with either team, and they both played in the lousy east, but to be a top ranking player for two franchises is impressive, however lousy and sad those teams were. He's basically a rich man's Stephon Marbury in the sense that he got his but never made his teams elite as he should have.
wow...

If VC makes it to the Hall, then Robert Horry should make it. 

Also, the HOF loses all credibility for me if that happens. 

Vince's prime was 01. 

Last edited:
I liked Vince, I thought he was a pretty good player and complimented JKIDD. Dude has to be one of the most athletic players to be in the league, but the most overrated. Coaches were not losing sleep over VC, dude was a chucker. A way more athletic Sprewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom