OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

Ah, the good ol' days of me gawking over these on NikeBasketball.com on the daily when I had no money nor allowance growing up and seeing someone in school wear these from time to time.

Now comes the days where I'ma still gawk over these until that 2022 pricing gets discounted down to 2004 pricing despite having an income where I can buy $200 Jawdins...

Moral of the story: guess I still can't afford these.

IMG_20210712_083827.jpg

Last edited:
Maccabi's shipped from SNKRS.... yessssss

I can wear them next time i play ball.... #stillwashedtho

Same.
My DSM & NDC pair is coming tomorrow.
They trying to get these things out the warehouse fast. :lol:

I'm going to pick the best pair & then return the one I don't like to NDC.
I'll cop a second once it they hit Palmer prices. :pimp:

PO

Last edited:
So during the 1-4 era, Bron would get a good amount of pairs that matched his uni's, but they definitely didn't send a lot like they do now for Nike/Jordan Athletes.

But special color PE's, like Maccabi's/Fruity's it might have been 3-6 pairs tops at that. I'm strictly talking about his size 16 personal pairs though. Because sometimes the pairs have actual adjustments for his playing style (different insole, cut, cushioning) & also visual differences. (For EX: A lot of his 2's has embossed 23's, Champ Gold 10's had a Red Swoosh, Fruity Pebbles didn't have a full colored panel sole, etc)

The F&F versions of the pairs that we see often on the internet in normal sizes like Dunkman 2/3's, Graffiti Blue 4's, HWC 7's, SVSM AZG's etc were easily produced in the hundreds. Very obtainable.

PO

See I didn’t even consider PE’s and F&F’s were a completely different animal…How did the F&F allocation work? They just make X amount of pairs, give LeBron Y of those, then seed the rest themselves?

Makes me want to try and track down some actual Lebron PE’s of the F&F’s I managed to get my hands on back in the day :lol:

See I didn’t even consider PE’s and F&F’s were a completely different animal…How did the F&F allocation work? They just make X amount of pairs, give LeBron Y of those, then seed the rest themselves?

Makes me want to try and track down some actual Lebron PE’s of the F&F’s I managed to get my hands on back in the day :lol:

Well to summarize LeBron is different, they would/will to this day do anything he requests & then then Nike would seed out a random batch to various people. It varied dependent on the project & who best helps out the exposure of said product.

Like WTT 9's were given to people affiliated with Bron, Jay & Ye.
Whereas as SVSM 2's were strictly for the school etc.

What unfortunately happened though was there was a group of people at Nike, who ended up getting fired and arrested I believe, went on to make more pairs of certain pairs that weren't supposed to be created & just sell them without anyone knowing. Thats why about 10 years back you would see all those collectors with all the LeBron's like Perfect Pair etc. Those were those pairs.

Boys were getting colors LeBron didn't have. :rofl:

PO

Well to summarize LeBron is different, they would/will to this day do anything he requests & then then Nike would seed out a random batch to various people. It varied dependent on the project & who best helps out the exposure of said product.

Like WTT 9's were given to people affiliated with Bron, Jay & Ye.
Whereas as SVSM 2's were strictly for the school etc.

What unfortunately happened though was there was a group of people at Nike, who ended up getting fired and arrested I believe, went on to make more pairs of certain pairs that weren't supposed to be created & just sell them without anyone knowing. Thats why about 10 years back you would see all those collectors with all the LeBron's like Perfect Pair etc. Those were those pairs.

Boys were getting colors LeBron didn't have. :rofl:

PO

Yeah I remember that now that you bring it up…Makes me really wish I went after certain pairs when I had the chance considering all those “extra” pairs that were getting out…

Always enjoy picking the brain of someone who knows what’s what behind the scenes :nthat:

I think anyone who’s ordered a pair should be pleased with this retro after seeing them in hand today.

Headed home to my pair as we speak

Always enjoy picking the brain of someone who knows what’s what behind the scenes :nthat:

No problem.
90% of the questions I get these days are,"Are these limited? Will they resell? What's coming out?" :ohwell:

So I definitely welcome whenever someone wants to engage in an actual conversation. :lol:

PO

Good logos?

PO

Yes sir!

Couple of random glue stains on the upper was literally the only thing I could find wrong with this pair…Quality is top notch…Need a second pair to stash away for sure but going to hold off for discounts…

So who’s gonna wear test them on court? 👀 what’s sizing like too 👀👀 holding off for lower prices but may just buy the Navy’s day one.

Not wearing mine for balling…Old man knees won’t let me do that anymore :lol:

But the setup feels exactly how you remember the OG’s feeling…Caged zoom felt stiff out of the box but loosened up with wear…That’s what this pair has as well…It’s not super soft zoom right out the box like a pair of Pegasus 39’s or something, but it never was…The caged zoom is there though…

I wore the OG’s both casually and for court usage and full disclosure…What I liked most about the OG’s was the materials used to get the shoe locked down on your foot…When wearing them on the court, and once the zoom broke in, it made for one of the most comfy / stable basketball shoes you could get…Haven’t, and again, don’t plan on wearing these for basketball…But I feel like they’ll for sure wear like the OG’s did on the court since wearing them casually they fit 1:1 with how I remember the OG’s fitting…

Not wearing mine for balling…Old man knees won’t let me do that anymore :lol:

But the setup feels exactly how you remember the OG’s feeling…Caged zoom felt stiff out of the box but loosened up with wear…That’s what this pair has as well…It’s not super soft zoom right out the box like a pair of Pegasus 39’s or something, but it never was…The caged zoom is there though…

I wore the OG’s both casually and for court usage and full disclosure…What I liked most about the OG’s was the materials used to get the shoe locked down on your foot…When wearing them on the court, and once the zoom broke in, it made for one of the most comfy / stable basketball shoes you could get…Haven’t, and again, don’t plan on wearing these for basketball…But I feel like they’ll for sure wear like the OG’s did on the court since wearing them casually they fit 1:1 with how I remember the OG’s fitting…
Yep, that’s exactly how I remember the OG’s. Felt stiff at first, but as soon as I wore them to school in 04, that zoom air was mad responsive in the heel and forefoot

Mine came in.
Packed up my double to be sent back. :lol:
No logo issues. No glue stains. Quality is A1. :pimp:

Sizing: TTS. I bought a half size up & i prefer that compared to TTS. That .5 inch of room will come in clutch for me if I use them for performance/wear thick socks etc. But if you get your actual size, it will be a perfect fit.

Also, they feel amazing right out the box. What i also noticed, Nike is using the same sock liner from these and the AZG on the 20's, which internally they call it Nike sphere. That's a great decision to me, because it is part of the reason why the 2's were one of the best shoes to me. Should aid the 20's performance experience well.

The shoe is fantastic to me, but it's still not worth $232 after taxes.
But my Nike pair had no flaws, so i'm keeping one pair at retail & hoping these hit super discounts before year end for the double up.

PO

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpeg
    IMG_1272.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 435
these comments are making just a little excited about the navy's

but just a little. that 215 will still hold me back.

Back
Top Bottom