Official 6/4: *LOS ANGELES LAKERS .vs. ORLANDO MAGIC* on ABCHD 2009 NBA Finals -- Game 1

Going to be a very interesting series.

I've no dog in this hunt but I'm rooting for Orlando to win in 6.

I've seen too much basketball to discount what Kobe's capable of, though. But he needs Pau to show up every game or Orlando will destroy them.

Orlando's got too many scorers and can spread the floor.

Plus, in a 2-3-2 format, I feel like the homecourt advantage really lies with those middle 3, which are in Orlando.

Here's to hoping that both teams show up and that we have a great series.

And that Orlando wins.

The thing with Bynum is, if he's in the starting lineup, you put Rashard on him on the defensive end, and Dwight on Gasol. Bynum may outbody Rashard, butlet's be real, dude has been mad inconsistent. It's no sure thing he can abuse Rashard on the block.

On the flipside, Dwight will have his way with either Gasol or Bynum, while both can't guard Rashard on the outside.

At the end of the day, I think Orlando is the more athletic team, and they pose too many matchup problems for LA.

Dwight Howard is the first real low post threat they've seen since Duncan of last year. (Yao too, but he got injured, and you can front him. You can'tfront Dwight) At the end of the day, just way too many 3 pt shooters on this Orlando squad, which I think, will get them the 'ship

Whew! gotta thank ORL for getting rid of CLE ..

I dont want to hear Kobe vs Bron all series..

I'm excited as hell!!

Go Lakers!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EB4President

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by franchise3

Ain't no way Phil can go with Pau + Bynum in the starting 5 IMO.

Who guards Rashard?

LO should realistically be reinserted into the starting lineup.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure he will do that.

See this is what is interesting to me. While Bynum of Gasol may not be able to gaurd Rashard on the perimeter I dont think he can check them in the post. Phil is a good coach and I think it tells a lot about the team to see who adjust to who. Sometimes making a team adjust to you shows you have confidence in what you do.

I hope the Lakers win the series but I mean after seeing Orlando this post season it wouldn't surprise me if they took it.
i dont' think we should adjust to them, rather make them adjust to us. use bynum to tire out d12 as much as possible and throw the ball in thegasol all day. lakeshow in 6
pimp.gif

So the Lakers and Magic meet in the Finals. In all my years I wouldve never thought of these two teams meeting in the Finals. I can tell you guys though thatit feels good to see these teams make it this far.

Honestly, its hard to decide who I want to win. I mean, I really think this is the best chance for the Lakers to win it all. They aint getting any younger.Kobe, Fish (he better retire), Pau, Odom all gonna be in their 30s. This team probably has 2-3 more years left.

On the other hand, the Magic make it to the Finals. Before the season started, I didnt think they would make it this far. Boston and Cleveland started outstrong and kept winning. Magic did the same too, but I thought their inexperience would be a problem. And so far it hasnt. I do think the Magic can upset theLakers, but who knows? We'll have to wait and see.

Its hard being a fan of both and seeing them on the biggest stage of basketball.

I think im gonna come into this series as a BASKETBALL fan and not a Lakers or Magic fan.
ohwell.gif

So all I'm looking for is an amazing, incredible series
happy.gif
pimp.gif

I know for a fact that my friends are gonna ask me who am going for and I really dont know what to say
laugh.gif

Oh a question for ORL fans..

Is Jameer playing now?

I think i read about him saying he would play when they made it to the finals..

the reason the magic won both games in the season against the lakers is because of Jameer nelson...the guy was killin us and fisher was no match for him.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

So the Lakers and Magic meet in the Finals. In all my years I wouldve never thought of these two teams meeting in the Finals. I can tell you guys though that it feels good to see these teams make it this far.

Honestly, its hard to decide who I want to win. I mean, I really think this is the best chance for the Lakers to win it all. They aint getting any younger. Kobe, Fish (he better retire), Pau, Odom all gonna be in their 30s. This team probably has 2-3 more years left.

On the other hand, the Magic make it to the Finals. Before the season started, I didnt think they would make it this far. Boston and Cleveland started out strong and kept winning. Magic did the same too, but I thought their inexperience would be a problem. And so far it hasnt. I do think the Magic can upset the Lakers, but who knows? We'll have to wait and see.

Its hard being a fan of both and seeing them on the biggest stage of basketball.

I think im gonna come into this series as a BASKETBALL fan and not a Lakers or Magic fan.
ohwell.gif

So all I'm looking for is an amazing, incredible series
happy.gif
pimp.gif

I know for a fact that my friends are gonna ask me who am going for and I really dont know what to say
laugh.gif
that is a really weird situation
so you wont show any emotion at all?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

LAKERS IN 6, KOBE IS GETTING THAT RING.

pimp.gif

But I'm not going to overlook the Magic like the Cavs fans did...might have to switch Bynum for Odom for match up purposes.

Rashard won't have to guard Pau. Pau is the bigger offensive threat so you put the DPOTY on him.

In theory, Bynum should be beasting. But realistically he's been mad inconsistent. Just because Rashard is on him doesn't automatically peg him for20pts.

Good luck Pau or Bynum having to chase Rashard behind the 3 pt line though.

I don't think Jameer is going to play, when they interviewed him, he said something about trying to be ready by training camp.

It would be a surprise to see him play though.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I said it earlier this year but the Lakers MUST win game 1. Lets get it!
Of course, didn't u hear the stat that PJ is undefeated in series they take game 1

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Oh a question for ORL fans..

Is Jameer playing now?

I think i read about him saying he would play when they made it to the finals..
I remember hearing that he wants to play in the Finals but they want him to rest and be 100% for next year.

Although, I've seen now that they are going to re-evaluate him and see where he's at.

Everyone saying Dwight is gonna have a way with the lakers front court do you really think he will beast over either bynum or gasol. While they aren't thebest defenders, they're both pretty strong and long. I don't think Dwight's footwork with his back to the basket will be good enough to get him atleast 25 a game, most of his buckets are gonna come from the charity strike and hustle buckets.

Would be nice to see the Lakers lose so we can kill the other puppet...

The script is already written though. The Lakers were good enough to make Stern's help matter, unlike the Cavs. Lakers in 5 or 6.

we'll see ARiza on Hedo, Lamar on Shard a lot. hopefully Pau attacks Howard as much as possible to try to get him into foul trouble

I just hope Fisher gets minimal time and Farmar/Brown take&share his minutes more this finals

we are gonna need Sasha & Ariza (and everyone else) to hit their outside shots and be a threat

Back
Top Bottom