OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Who said anything about that "style" of jacket though? The point was the matchy matchy related to the pattern.

Regarding this style of jacket though...it's beautiful. However, a non-Asian wearing it?....That we CAN talk about the cultural appropriation aspect though. But...that's for a another time. :nerd::wink:

Lol man as a black man I honestly feel like my culture has been approated so much it's only right I pay it forward.

When a Chinese clothing designer specific creates a clothing brand with the motto "East meets West" and has several different websites for their respective countries and does collaborations with other designers from other countries, and some guy on NikeTalk thinks his ideals of culture appropriation contradicts that... I'm gonna roast you.

If China didn't want other cultures appreciating their own than the silk road wouldn't have even been a thing.

When a Chinese clothing designer specific creates a clothing brand with the motto "East meets West" and has several different websites for their respective countries and does collaborations with other designers from other countries, and some guy on NikeTalk thinks his ideals of culture appropriation contradicts that... I'm gonna roast you.

I'm feeling so roasted. :lol:

Listen...ya'll go ahead and do your thing. Wear what you like. As long as you're happy....right? :smh::lol:

Oh no not this thread

Is it a coincidence that these discussions follow slaughterx slaughterx around different forums of NT? 🤔

I like those White and Rose Gold Clots. The white pair are perfect, but too expensive. Wished I knew about when they dropped. And I don’t like that the RG Clot under layer is the same colour as the upper. I probably would buy them if I saw em for around 300 in a store or something though.

When did it change from cultural APPRECIATION to cultural APPROPRIATION?

He's buying the jacket because he likes the styling. Why is that a problem?

Because he's not Asian he can't wear it? No. That's a **** opinion.

He's wearing it because he appreciates the styling not walking around in yellowface and making tasteless jokes.

I guess if you weren't in the military you shouldn't wear camouflage ever? Same thing.

Sorry, I do not follow anyone whose intellectual and sartorial inspiration is SpongeBob Squarepants.
Lol, yes you do

Lol, I don't even notice dudes posts unless someone quotes him, he been on ignore for the longest so he mostly just arguees with himself.

Lol, yes you do

No, responding to an idiotic post isn’t following him around. However, I do thank you for further highlighting not only his biscuitry, but his spongebob like abilities with women as well.

Last edited:
you gotta rock this hat with that fit
1614095499148.png

When did it change from cultural APPRECIATION to cultural APPROPRIATION?

He's buying the jacket because he likes the styling. Why is that a problem?

Because he's not Asian he can't wear it? No. That's a **** opinion.

He's wearing it because he appreciates the styling not walking around in yellowface and making tasteless jokes.

I guess if you weren't in the military you shouldn't wear camouflage ever? Same thing.

Word? You like seeing white folks in Kente cloth & Dashikis too? :lol: :smh:

And your analogy of camouflage is ignorant. You're comparing a job, to culture.

As an Asian, I don't see it as cultural appropriation but rather cultural appreciation. Doesn't matter what race you are, if you like the look and appreciate the culture, you good.

Hey, I'm sure many feel the same as you. What I'm doing is stating my personal opinion on it.

Word? You like seeing white folks in Kente cloth & Dashikis too? :lol: :smh:

And your analogy of camouflage is ignorant. You're comparing a job, to culture.

Hey, I'm sure many feel the same as you. What I'm doing is stating my personal opinion on it.
Perhaps you should explain to them the difference between embracing a stolen and enslaved culture for style, versus one that is given away as if it is a tourist attraction.

Man all those mini swoosh joints could really benefit from a colored outsole.

I've been cool with it for a while but Nike has really gotten lazy with that.

Reactions: ...
kente clothe has more of a meaning to it according to design. a dashiki is just a style of shirt. am I wrong in that line of thinking? certain patterns belonging to certain countries?

the pattern on 90's georgetown jerseys, was that taken from an actual african pattern or was it just designed in the style of a kente cloth pattern?

i just want to know who invented the t-shirt cuz we're all culturally appropriating the **** out of that guy

Back
Top Bottom