Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Ok, I'm sure this has been answered somewhat, but I've been out of town the past 3 days and I'm not going through 25 pages to find the answer to this, so forgive me :lol:

So, now that everyone has gotten their 2016 Bred 1's (hopefully all the regulars ate!), what pair do you prefer, the 2016, or the 2013? I would assume the 2016s have better leather and are a bit more comfy, but I do prefer the smoother 2013 leather grain. Since I was out of town I couldn't even try on release day, so I'm gonna go down the resale route, and I see the 2013s have come down in price now. I already took the L in 2013, and now again this year too, I just want a pair already :smh:

I definitely prefer the 2016s. I completely understand why you'd like the smooth leather more though. Still going to rock my 2013s until they're dust before I bring the 2016s out.

94s woulda been perfect but that nubuck swoosh ruins it for me.
fixed

Preach. Still my favorite iteration though, nubuck swoosh and all.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm sure this has been answered somewhat, but I've been out of town the past 3 days and I'm not going through 25 pages to find the answer to this, so forgive me :lol:

So, now that everyone has gotten their 2016 Bred 1's (hopefully all the regulars ate!), what pair do you prefer, the 2016, or the 2013? I would assume the 2016s have better leather and are a bit more comfy, but I do prefer the smoother 2013 leather grain. Since I was out of town I couldn't even try on release day, so I'm gonna go down the resale route, and I see the 2013s have come down in price now. I already took the L in 2013, and now again this year too, I just want a pair already :smh:

I definitely prefer the 2016s. I completely understand why you'd like the smooth leather more though. Still going to rock my 2013s until they're dust before I bring the 2016s out.

94s woulda been perfect but that nubuck swoosh ruins it for me.
fixed

Preach. Still my favorite iteration though, nubuck swoosh and all.
Still trying to get a pair. I love my 94 Chicago's though

Still trying to get a pair. I love my 94 Chicago's though

As you should, they're glorious :pimp:

I keep trying to convince myself that I'm fine just admiring the '94 set from a distance, but I know that I'll give in on both eventually.

I wouldn't mind the tumbled leather as much if the red was the right shade

'Right' relative to which release, though? :lol:

Last edited:
Casper beat me to the response.

As for why I wrote that (and a couple of other things on the medial sides), I was very high and remembered thinking it looked cool when I had seen it done a few years back :lol:

Haha. Smokin and skating.

Casper beat me to the response.

As for why I wrote that (and a couple of other things on the medial sides), I was very high and remembered thinking it looked cool when I had seen it done a few years back :lol:
No judgement fam :wink:

Was just curious since I couldn't read what it said.

Funny enough, I've only ever skated like 3 times in my life, and once was in these and I was definitely not sober :lol:
That's part of why I did it on the black areas only, so only certain lighting would reveal my stupidity :lol:

Once I was on mushrooms and skating down the street at night. I thought the street light beam was a wall and I jumped off real fast. Then I knew I was trippin balls and we just went to thriftys and did slappies for three hours, just laughing our ***** off.
One of the best nights I ever had.

Back
Top Bottom