Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Royals were easy for those of us that paid attention when they released, I was able to grab 3 pairs. Unfortunately I'm only down to 1 now.

Not that easy. The hype was there but luckily the ASG pack smoke screened a lot of heads out here. Got two easy, and camped for the 3rd.

In for a pair of DS Barons, yeah, I know late to the party but my first pair of 1s, pretty amped.  

kinda still want barons but i dont wanna pay retail or near it :lol:

trying to stick with OG's but those would be nice

kinda still want barons but i dont wanna pay retail or near it
laugh.gif

trying to stick with OG's but those would be nice
lol, I feel you but as a beggar that I am, I can't be a chooser.

My very small collection of ones dating back to my 2003 Chicago patent leathers that I use to ball in back in hs. Just got my breds today from the restock

Royals were easy for those of us that paid attention when they released, I was able to grab 3 pairs. Unfortunately I'm only down to 1 now.
BS- they were not easy unless you lived in Australia.

You got lucky- it may have been easy for you, but let's not re-write history here.
The royal release was cold

Bro, they were easy. While people were whining about not paying resale for Royals I was able to get 3 pairs for $215-$225 shipped each and that was 3-5 days after the release.

Initial resale prices on Breds were crazy compared to Royals.

You got lucky- it may have been easy for you, but let's not re-write history here.

Bro, they were easy. While people were whining about not paying resale for Royals I was able to get 3 pairs for $215-$225 shipped each and that was 3-5 days after the release.

:x

That's cuz Royals triggered the hype. And how we're they easy to cop and you paid resale? Yes that's better then 500+ but that doesn't mean they were easy. That's like saying Banneds were easy cuz the resell was 250

This. I was lucky enough to get my pairs from my cousin from Australia. I actually got another pair from Australia for a steal. I love Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's cuz Royals triggered the hype. And how we're they easy to cop and you paid resale? Yes that's better then 500+ but that doesn't mean they were easy. That's like saying Banneds were easy cuz the resell was 250
Anybody that thinks they'll cop everything for retail is basically accepting that there will be shoes they'll desire but never get, thats not me.  Paying $75 over retail for shoes that I wanted and would never camp for isn't the end of the world to me.  If Royals would have released on ndc maybe I wouldn't have had to pay resale but they didn't and I had no intentions of spending the night outside for any pair of shoes.  The people that were able to cop Royals in store got them easily and the people that scooped all the initial resale pairs got them without much of a markup.

When a shoe doesn't release online I take my L from the start and if resale isn't outrageous I'll cop.  Easy probably isn't the right term but it wasn't that stressful of a release for me.  Finding a pair of Gucci 1s for a decent price after I ignored all the pairs on ebay for $99 for months, now thats stressful(still looking).

Bred resell out the gate i think was fair. Royals set the trend and have not slowed down. once they hit that 300 mark i thought it was it but no and a year later, they are double that. A trade for breds would have a bred owner throw a hundred maybe on top. Thats sayin somethin.

man, as much as i want royals i dont think id be able to give up a pair of breds for em :x

breds are a classic and over all best 1 colorway. I still want another pair but i know i aint ever getting it :lol:

If someone had offered me a pair of DS Royals for my extra pair of DS Blk/Red 1's, I'd do that in a heartbeat [emoji]128077[/emoji].

But, that's just wishful thinking :frown:

(Not trying to post a trade post, just stating my thoughts)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom