• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
reverse SBBs are looking real nice. got me thinking of copping a pair now smh
but i feel like if i'm finna rock the rsbb, imma end up wanting to just throw on the sbb, but the rsbb look so damn
tenor.gif

true. I should probably just throw on my SBBs but when I see them RSBBs I get the urge lol
naw bruh, if you got the opportunity go for it, im just not open for splurges at the moment, waiting for playoffs 13, that 300 will hurt right now

As someone relatively unfamiliar with the 1's collector mentality will someone please explain the hype associated to certain colorways? I get true OG colorways.

But then you've got:
SBB (orange Blacktoes basically)
RSBB (orange Chicago's)
Frags (blue Blacktoes)
New Loves
Hares
Lettermans
That's all I can think of right now.

Is it just because of the rarity? Cleaness of colorway? Theme behind shoe? Collaboration?

Really just wanting to learn more on the I's culture. Familiar with the shoe as a sneakerhead but really only feel a connection to the OG colorways. I've only ever owned the DTRT Metallic Reds and the first AJKO Chicago retro but sold them due to lack of comfort and crappy materials. Do have a pair of the new retro Metallic Reds arriving tomorrow from NDC I'm excited to get and hope they fit well and are comfortable enough to keep.

So school me.

As someone relatively unfamiliar with the 1's collector mentality will someone please explain the hype associated to certain colorways? I get true OG colorways.

But then you've got:
RSBB (orange Chicago's)
Frags (blue Blacktoes)
New Loves
Hares
Lettermans

Is it just because of the rarity? Cleaness of colorway? Theme behind shoe? Collaboration?

Really just wanting to learn more on the I's culture. Familiar with the shoe as a sneakerhead but really only feel a connection to the OG colorways. I've only ever owned the DTRT Metallic Reds and the first AJKO Chicago retro but sold them due to lack of comfort and crappy materials. Do have a pair of the new retro Metallic Reds arriving tomorrow from NDC I'm excited to get and hope they fit well and are comfortable enough to keep.

So school me.

Not a big Air Jordan 1 collector but I believe that their love the model and the 'Gotta Catch 'em All' mentality go hand in hand. The first three colorways you mentioned have great materials and that exclusiveness is just icing on the cake for some but I believe Air Jordan 1 collector would secure even if they were a General Release. Though every Jordan 1 collector is different.

I actually like my lettermans
Just a little annoyed that each shoe has totally different leather on them

Man I don't know how you guys wear those imo they are the most hideous pair of AJ1 highs but to each their own. Props if you can make them look good with anything!

But then you've got:
RSBB (orange Chicago's)
Frags (blue Blacktoes)
New Loves
Hares
Lettermans

So school me.

SBB-Supposedly the best quality leather on a AJ1 to date. Do like the shoe since it closely resembles the Black Toes.
RSBB- Leather quality hype from the first SBB release. Too much orange for me.
Frags-Limited. Do like these as well, but nothing beats the Black Toes.
New Loves-There wasn't hype until this recent retro. Even then, it's a sleeper CW to me. Wouldn't mind seeing a high OG retro of this CW.
Hares- These are hyped? Either way, somewhat disrespect to the Hare 7s. Just certain CWs should stay with one shoe IMO.
Lettermans-Couldn't tell you honestly.

Back
Top Bottom