Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I asked a long time ago why would anyone shop with flightclub and y'all ignored the question
Well two of the pairs I bought from them were for great prices back when they used to have a shop on Greene St in NYC that sold used sneakers (apparently they're bringing back used sneakers to their shops). I bought two other pairs DS under retail, two other pairs DS at fair market price. If you're paying their insanely inflated prices, you're stupid and/or rich. Most people think FC and think insane prices, but they have a lot of shoes you can buy at or below retail prices like Air Maxes, newer Nike SB, etc.

Yes, people try on shoes in flight club.
@atdizzle many of FC's customers in NYC are tourists. EU/UK/Asia/whatever else sizing can be confusing. They'd probably catch more heat from customers if they were told they weren't allowed to try them on.

I got this from their FAQ slwilke13 slwilke13 so you may not have a case. "Everything is guaranteed authentic and new. We only accept sneakers in brand new and unworn condition for consignment. However, please keep in mind that Flight Club is also a retail space where in-store customers are encouraged to try on sneakers before committing to purchase. A pair may have been tried on, but it’s always in a controlled environment and on a carpeted surface." https://www.flightclub.com/info

That doesn't excuse 1 the fact that it's laced up and 2 the creases in the toe box. They lie and aren't willing to stick behind their "inspection". Thirdly you can't claim to have a UNWORN sneaker that has been put on a foot. Anytime after it's been on someone's foot it's worn... doesn't matter if it's just tried on. Also not sure where you're from but if anyone asked to try on a sneaker at any consignment shop around me they would be told no!

IMG_0999.JPG
That really wouldn't bother me that much but I know that comes with the territory with flight club. If it came from StockX or goat like that I'd be more upset.

Anyhoo. Fragments for today

Yeah they have okay prices on non hyped stuff sometimes but they shouldn't allow people to try a shoe that's 1000+ They can easily measure your foot and the shoe

That doesn't excuse 1 the fact that it's laced up and 2 the creases in the toe box. They lie and aren't willing to stick behind their "inspection". Thirdly you can't claim to have a UNWORN sneaker that has been put on a foot. Anytime after it's been on someone's foot it's worn... doesn't matter if it's just tried on. Also not sure where you're from but if anyone asked to try on a sneaker at any consignment shop around me they would be told no!
I'm from New York City. I haven't purchased from any consignment shops in a few years. I'm just sayin, you don't have a case against the Better Business Bureau because it's explicitly stated on their website that shoes may be tried on. Yes, your situation sucks. To spend an exorbitant amount like you did and get hit with a crease sucks. I would hope that you can get a partial refund but that you also just wear the ****s because they're gonna crease like crazy anyway.

If you spent that much on a shoe, shouldn't matter if it's tried on or even lightly worn to me.

Earlier this year I got some lance mountain 1s off stockx, used a $25 off so they weren't as expensive as they could've been. They had a pretty visible crease in them, probably from storage rather than being tried on. I wore them the next day.

This tried on vs unworn stuff makes me sick to be honest

It's just a matter of retailer establishments being 100% transparent.

If a shoe has been tried on but not sold it is still technically "new" but that may really bother someone especially one who never plans to wear them and wants them 100% factory.

I can go buy a car that's been test driven and has 60 miles on the odometer. It's still new and will be sold as such because it is new. But its not NEW new.

It's just a matter of retailer establishments being 100% transparent.

If a shoe has been tried on but not sold it is still technically "new" but that may really bother someone especially one who never plans to wear them and wants them 100% factory.

I can go buy a car that's been test driven and has 60 miles on the odometer. It's still new and will be sold as such because it is new. But its not NEW new.

Not really. It's a matter of sky high expections for this newer generation. Shoes are meant to be worn. So what if it was laced up or tried on.

And the website clearly states that the shoes can be tried on.

As a consumer, I definitely want the ability to try on shoes. If you try different models the. You know the cut is completely different on some.

Back
Top Bottom