Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I got around 15 pairs of ones from the most limited aka sbb's to outlet finds I got for $40 and I have never accounted this smell until today

Definitely not the most limited Jordan 1s. Most are sitting in consignment shops and on websites of the same caliber.

What in blue blazes did I walk in on..

Damn may double on ASGs. I really wanna dye the icy sole to either grey or black.

And imma let you finish but the best thread on NT is the SB Dunk thread /shrugs

I dont like the neon green laces on the off white ones. I think they ruin the look. Ill still try to cop tho.

And those Bred FK AJ1 are dope! Guna be mad comfy I'm gunning for 2 pairs.

IMAG1160.jpg

My newest addition to the family.

They made a hefty amount of royals

Just by comparison alone to say chicagos

Had stores for Chicago getting 20-28 men's pairs max

Royals those same stores 60-80 pairs

Plus a lot of stores who wouldn't normally carry the hyped Jordan 1 release had allocation

This is just based off footlocker family of stores

But clearly when you factor in all retailers they seem to have made royals in a far higher quantity

Funny how once they raise the production numbers on a "grail" it's far less desirable and resell is in the toilet huh lol

Bad comparison but those history of flight joints went from mega grail to sales rack lol

I still gotta pick up those HOF 13's soon, they are clean

as far as the Royals, I thought I got super lucky when hit on Snkrs on the initial release (it was draw correct?), gauging the supply of previous releases. I was dreading having to hunt down a pair and pay resale, but I'm glad JB is listening to the consumer and even if the resell market took a hit, JB is making more money on their end by producing more pairs, they dont care about resell profits.

I'm glad they are producing a lot of royals, even though I've missed out too many times this year for a double up. Top tier classics like the royals, breds, chicagos, etc. (1s only) will always sell. Just like certain 11s, 4s and 3s. Sure resell may be dead on the royals, but that's how it should be. Everyone should be able to get a pair or two for just about retail. Its not like they're sitting.

I still gotta pick up those HOF 13's soon, they are clean

as far as the Royals, I thought I got super lucky when hit on Snkrs on the initial release (it was draw correct?), gauging the supply of previous releases. I was dreading having to hunt down a pair and pay resale, but I'm glad JB is listening to the consumer and even if the resell market took a hit, JB is making more money on their end by producing more pairs, they dont care about resell profits.

Well people never look at the actual reality of the angle nike plays...

So shoes are made by Nike

Any pairs sold directly via Nike online in store etc...

Is a big profit for them

If I recall the breakdown properly a Jordan 1 costs about $23 dollars to produce this is cost of materials labor and freight shipping broken down per pair for an allocation

So the Nike retail of $170 which is like well over a 700% mark up

Now even if a Jordan 1 is a brick and hits outlets for even $100 still over 400% mark up so nike wins regardless

Now here is where Nike really gets their hustle on...

Licensed nike retailers

Footlocker wholesale for Jordan's average like $85 per pair which of course varies per model but since most models run $190 box wholesale is usually 80-85 dollars For men's pairs

Now if a retailer can't sell the shoe

Nike got paid regardless because even at the wholesale price it's still a minimum 3-400% mark up from cost to produce

It sitting or selling is not nike problem any longer they technically already sold it to retailers

So they are good

This is why when I see "oh Nike is hurting everything sitting on shelves" I kinda laugh as even at their own branded stores on a deep discount Nike still turns a profit lol

Now for those wondering if Nike does anything to make up for some bricks

The answer is ehhh not really

Nike hustle in regards to this is "we will allocate more holiday 11 pairs to you" since those are always a big seller or any shoe that may be a big sell out seller

Well hopefully they keep making everything in very large numbers from now on.

Ehh like over all yes but they seem to be doing limited stuff more as a capsule in recent months like that vlone crap etc..

Or the stupid scavenger hunt "be at this location for a clue" nonsense lol

A lot of parlor tricks or just elite style drops where you might as well play the lotto because you will have the same luck style drops lol

This ironically is what's hurting them with the consumer experience

Adidas consumer experience keeps improving you get higher allocation you get restocks you get the same desired style in a array of colors etc...

Nike is a monster in the sneaker consumer market

Adidas is just about even with Jordan brand market currently won't surprise me they pass Jordan brand by end of year

But even then think about that adidas as a whole is on par with Nike subdivision of Jordan brand lol

That truth :lol:

motor sports too

Yo that Motorsport was a cinder block lol

Crazy how hyped that shoe was as a grail people were dropping 3-5K on that **** and look lol

Same with the history of air joints and Dunno if it's been posted but like 2 more models from that HOF pack and set to drop next year

Those who paid mega bucks must be SICK right now lol

Back
Top Bottom