• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMAG1160.jpg

My newest addition to the family.
these>>>>>>>>>>flyknit 1s

Well people never look at the actual reality of the angle nike plays...

So shoes are made by Nike

Any pairs sold directly via Nike online in store etc...

Is a big profit for them

If I recall the breakdown properly a Jordan 1 costs about $23 dollars to produce this is cost of materials labor and freight shipping broken down per pair for an allocation

So the Nike retail of $170 which is like well over a 700% mark up

Now even if a Jordan 1 is a brick and hits outlets for even $100 still over 400% mark up so nike wins regardless

Now here is where Nike really gets their hustle on...

Licensed nike retailers

Footlocker wholesale for Jordan's average like $85 per pair which of course varies per model but since most models run $190 box wholesale is usually 80-85 dollars For men's pairs

Now if a retailer can't sell the shoe

Nike got paid regardless because even at the wholesale price it's still a minimum 3-400% mark up from cost to produce

It sitting or selling is not nike problem any longer they technically already sold it to retailers

So they are good

This is why when I see "oh Nike is hurting everything sitting on shelves" I kinda laugh as even at their own branded stores on a deep discount Nike still turns a profit lol

Now for those wondering if Nike does anything to make up for some bricks

The answer is ehhh not really

Nike hustle in regards to this is "we will allocate more holiday 11 pairs to you" since those are always a big seller or any shoe that may be a big sell out seller
Well people never look at the actual reality of the angle nike plays...

So shoes are made by Nike

Any pairs sold directly via Nike online in store etc...

Is a big profit for them

If I recall the breakdown properly a Jordan 1 costs about $23 dollars to produce this is cost of materials labor and freight shipping broken down per pair for an allocation

So the Nike retail of $170 which is like well over a 700% mark up

Now even if a Jordan 1 is a brick and hits outlets for even $100 still over 400% mark up so nike wins regardless

Now here is where Nike really gets their hustle on...

Licensed nike retailers

Footlocker wholesale for Jordan's average like $85 per pair which of course varies per model but since most models run $190 box wholesale is usually 80-85 dollars For men's pairs

Now if a retailer can't sell the shoe

Nike got paid regardless because even at the wholesale price it's still a minimum 3-400% mark up from cost to produce

It sitting or selling is not nike problem any longer they technically already sold it to retailers

So they are good

This is why when I see "oh Nike is hurting everything sitting on shelves" I kinda laugh as even at their own branded stores on a deep discount Nike still turns a profit lol

Now for those wondering if Nike does anything to make up for some bricks

The answer is ehhh not really

Nike hustle in regards to this is "we will allocate more holiday 11 pairs to you" since those are always a big seller or any shoe that may be a big sell out seller

Why the heck would retailers keep buying the same quantity of $85 retros from Nike/JB if they are having trouble selling them? Also, doesn't Nike require they buy other shoes (Roshes, etc.) to get a retro account as well? They could use the shelf space for other products that are selling better, couldn't they?

Why the heck would retailers keep buying the same quantity of $85 retros from Nike/JB if they are having trouble selling them? Also, doesn't Nike require they buy other shoes (Roshes, etc.) to get a retro account as well? They could use the shelf space for other products that are selling better, couldn't they?

That's what I was thinking, if their product isn't selling then it hurts the company regardless of where it is being sold. While we benefit from the increase in production/discounts, long term nike doesn't if they have to sell bricks to other retailers (especially because brick and mortal is struggling as is). I don't think it's a coincidence we've seen a bunch OG 1s release in similar form over the past year, as well as BC3 and Concords in the next year. They need to re-establish themselves in the market of "cool", since sneakers like that definitely have a trickle down effect on the rest of the brand (see adidas with gazelles and stan smiths making a comeback in the past couple years.

I do think people like Drake and Travis Scott are the right people to bank on long term in regards to getting that brand appeal back though. And as much as I am on the fence, the off-white collab's hype is what they need as well.

That's what I was thinking, if their product isn't selling then it hurts the company regardless of where it is being sold. While we benefit from the increase in production/discounts, long term nike doesn't if they have to sell bricks to other retailers (especially because brick and mortal is struggling as is). I don't think it's a coincidence we've seen a bunch OG 1s release in similar form over the past year, as well as BC3 and Concords in the next year. They need to re-establish themselves in the market of "cool", since sneakers like that definitely have a trickle down effect on the rest of the brand (see adidas with gazelles and stan smiths making a comeback in the past couple years.

I do think people like Drake and Travis Scott are the right people to bank on long term in regards to getting that brand appeal back though. And as much as I am on the fence, the off-white collab's hype is what they need as well.

Where did you here this information, I definitely want to know

Good question but this is how nike kinda bullies the retailer...

So of course anyone would think hey just buy less product

When you have a nike account it sadly doesn't work this way

So for example back in uhhh I believe 2006 the standard nike account was 40K worth of nike per month of course at wholesale pricing

Now to your other question yes nike forces other shoes down ya throat in this deal it's not 40K of just the hottest shoes lol

Also as I said STANDARD nike account back then so no QS or extra limited stuff you actually have to earn that over consistent monthly buying over time and the boutique stores have a totally different type of deal for the record

Now this is just an example of a single store

When it comes to footlocker chains it's a far grander scale of a monthly deal because you are sourcing an entire company both online and brick and mortar chains all over America

Now this deal would be for "x amount" of shoes with a variable

The variable being special things not initially in production early on like say a champ pack lebron set etc.. basically something that wasn't planned a year + out

Now in the business planning it's impossible to know from the footlocker aspect what nikes next year or years after release calendar looks like so you are buying literally on blind faith in the product

So this is how nike runs

Either buy in or keep it pushin

So if Nike plans to roll out 400K pairs through footlocker channels of a Jordan shoe holiday release or not

Footlocker is kinda held hostage here either they accept it and make the best of it

Or in some instances you can push back on nike and say nah

Now here is where the buyer(yes footlocker has buyers for merch)

Are playing with Fire

Nike can be like ok don't wanna take this amount of this shoe?

Cool

Then when a high profile QS or something is gunna drop they either don't allocate it to you or they cut your allocation down massively as kinda a punishment

And you lose money

Remember Nike gets paid REGARDLESS

Plus keep in mind it's not about just the shoes as Nike funnels in shorts t shirt socks headbands etc....

So kinda have no choice but to play ball

this is why so many stores don't have Nike accounts the requirements are MEAN to uphold

Then Nike still parents you as Nike has to give permission for you to sell its product online with some exceptions like stores doing the phone order jig to by pass that lol

Other brands like saucony asics puma adidas don't force this on you and it's insanely easier to get those accounts like you see damn near everyone has an adidas account lol

But back to footlocker

So footlocker gets stuck with whatever product

Now what we do is look at the analytics of stores

What's a dud in Brooklyn

Could be MOVIN HEAVY in like Alabama

Every region is different

Even with the clothes

TI had hustle gang merch in footaction and in NYC was a brick

But when we look into it's sales trend other places is selling well

Alabama
Ohio
Denver

Etc...

So what we do is a transfer of product after some markdowns if is still not movin

So Brooklyn footaction will send any merch shoes etc.. to Ohio footaction

And it will sell out because that Ohio location is normally not allocated that product or quantity etc..

It's a crazy process we laugh about but just how it goes

I thought some stores are able to return to nike if not sold.

Nah lol

We can be credited due to a defect or something like that

So for example that Pantone pack the other year we received a lot of packages that were legit missing the Pantone 11 shoe so of course we can't sell that called Nike like ummm hey lol

So that was a credit

Or you legit get like 2 left feet in one box but rest of the shipment is fine or the mismatched size like box says size 7 but left foot is 6.5 and right is a 7

Those things get credited when found sometimes people buy it and it sneaks by

Most common issue is crushed/destroyed boxes but Nike stopped caring about that **** a while back so no credits for that lol

vampire xtc vampire xtc keep the info coming...I work at a champs on weekends so it's good to hear this type of knowledge from someone higher up. How do you guys determine who gets certain quickstrikes, and things like that?

Great post...

You are right for the most part

Nike is having an issue of not being looked at as the cool kid no more

Plus other issues

So nikes quality and craftsmanship is super way in the toilet for those old enough to know better lol

Then they have the nerve to jack up the price on the crap quality

Then the releases are kinda mehhh

So it's a triple turn off

Nike basketball division has been crap for a few years now both is sales and just frankly ugly shoes lol

Nike never had to work the casual market because we the consumer took their basket ball shoes and used them as casual shoes 99% of the time lol

Adidas is just dominating the casual market and they keep getting better and better at it

And you are correct there is a trickle down effect but only if the product beneath the initial draw is quality product

Also adidas has learned availability is everything you can get Pharrell tennis hu in champs for example

The consumer LOVES this because Nike has made them jump through hoops(still does) forever

Most don't know this but the best selling shoe of 2016

Is NOT

any Jordan shoe

Is NOT

Any yeezy shoe

It's the adidas superstar that outsold every shoe in 2016

Adidas most commercially available shoe

As for the drake and Travis stuff

Drake hasn't done really anything than some Jordan's with new colors that are impossible to get and Travis we will see what happens

But it's a smart move by Nike

Back
Top Bottom