Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I forgot to put these on my top 5 to Heaven list. I don't think I've ever seen these in the wild outside of when I rock them. Between the color (which pops like crazy) and the quality, these are so perfect, and one of the most overlooked pairs IMO.
IMG_7122.JPG
IMG_7135.JPG
im probably the only one outside of you that have them on my heaven list lol. Easily my favorite one to wear period.

I knew the UNC pair was slept on when I was able to get a DS pair for $160 last year :lol:
I got mine from some snkr event they had in santa monica back in 2016. They were craaaaaaazy slept on then lol i wish i would have doubled up on those back then! To me, Still the best quality 1 made.

generally ive preferred the 2016 line to the 2013 releases but of the 3 2013 releases, shadows were the best overall in terms of quality. Shadows will be copped at least 2-3x. Its not necessary cuz they last forever but of the big 3, these just get worn so much more often than breds or royals. Its good to hve that piece of mind as the 2016 breds are doing 4+

on an unrelated note, ya'll are sleeping on these game royals. theyre just so funky. Quality is decent as well. Picked em up for retail from a failed reseller. I can see the allure of fragging em but i dont think its necessary - these are dope on their own. And painting em like frags comes across as trying a bit too hard. But to each their own

My sentiments exactly. Pics don't do these justice. I'm just gonna eventually get real frags tbh

My sentiments exactly. Pics don't do these justice. I'm just gonna eventually get real frags tbh
I remember i accidently skipped on the frags. when i use to work in LBC, this spot called proper got them and was mad limited of course, but my friend had a plug and had my size for me. Because i wasn't into 1's like that back then and the only ones i had were the boston garden floor celtic ones that dropped ( i forgot the colorway but i think they dropped in 2014 or 2013) and the quality sucked to me, i didn't want em. Biggest L in all of my Collecting lol

im probably the only one outside of you that have them on my heaven list lol. Easily my favorite one to wear period.
And I forget about them sometimes because I NEVER see them. The Black/Whites are off of my list in favor of these.
I knew the UNC pair was slept on when I was able to get a DS pair for $160 last year :lol:
Which is crazy that people are even letting them go like that. On top of the quality and color, though I know they're not exactly the colors of UNC, they're an homage to MJ's college, which I've thought would make them even more of a hot commodity.

I remember i accidently skipped on the frags. when i use to work in LBC, this spot called proper got them and was mad limited of course, but my friend had a plug and had my size for me. Because i wasn't into 1's like that back then and the only ones i had were the boston garden floor celtic ones that dropped ( i forgot the colorway but i think they dropped in 2014 or 2013) and the quality sucked to me, i didn't want em. Biggest L in all of my Collecting lol
tumblr_nzuqeb1sXq1rby04wo1_500.gif

d dot 23 d dot 23 got more pics of these? Are they the lakers colorway from 85?

screenshot-niketalk.com-2018-03-30-08-34-24.png

I'm guessing he did a tongue tag swap, because everything else looks the same. Didn't notice until you mentioned it though.

If they're customs from scratch, I'd love to see more pictures too.

They're definitely not the famed '85 pair from that picture though :lol:
It is the pair from 09' and since it is a retro made from the 85' pair I did customize them with a Nike Air tounge tag. I actually went in and cut the strap loop off in the back. In doing so I had sew the sock liner back to colar. Then I cut the tounge down in height about a 1/4 of a inch to get the tag on perfect and then sewed the purple trim back on. I also had did that step on my metallic purples in my avi. I had did the swap to all my 08-09 OG's, bllk/wht, Metallics, bred, shadow and these but got rid all of them except this laker pair. I wish I would have keep the green and purple metallics being that JB's taking the're sweet time to retro them. But lastly I cut the tounge down from the middle stitch to line it up straight and have height right at the color instead of way over and to the side like those tounges do. And I only did this because I will be wearing them with shorts..., and my OCD lol!!
But I'll snap some pics when I pull out part 2 of 1's collection.

Last edited:
And I forget about them sometimes because I NEVER see them. The Black/Whites are off of my list in favor of these.

Which is crazy that people are even letting them go like that. On top of the quality and color, though I know they're not exactly the colors of UNC, they're an homage to MJ's college, which I've thought would make them even more of a hot commodity.
What’s even crazier is I paid $160 not from a person but from a sneaker shop that was sitting on them for $200.

What’s even crazier is I paid $160 not from a person but from a sneaker shop that was sitting on them for $200.
Wow. Yeah, I'll never understand why they are soooo slept on. Especially when you consider their connection, and being the first Jordan to have some type of reference, to MJ's college.

I wear mine with shorts lol but I don't care what people perceive or what they think I should wear. I just throw them on with whatever I'm wearing. Straight 80s steeze lol
oh trust me I know. im the typical short Filipino dude with fat legs, to make matters worse lol. so yeah. I don't mess with any high tops with shorts lol. on that note, I agree though. if you're comfort level is there, then rock it the way you want it.

Back
Top Bottom