Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
As usual, JB hitting us with inconsistent quality and materials. My shadows have mismatching leather quality throughout, mismatching toeboxes, and one collar is complete butter while the other is standard issue for recent 1’s. Overall they’re pretty nice though, much better than anything I’ve picked up recently
26BC67B3-E502-4FD4-ACFC-460305A1882B.jpeg
7CCAACA5-FC8B-4B21-B1FE-7341A41DBAF0.jpeg
F4E86E33-2A85-4460-AB9C-B7E722CB68E6.jpeg

Also, any suggestions for removing leftover leather inside the toebox ventilation holes??
Gotta envision the entire roll of leather when they make these cuts for the shape before sew in. It’s inconsistent. Especially at the quantities in which theyre made.

That left collar is creased DS tho. I’d rock em and enjoy the feel. Where is your pair from?

I hear you about the toe vent holes. My FTL pair had more noticeable excess compared to Nike pair. Yours a bit diff- money looked white, yours the leather was soooo soft, it didn’t allow for a clean cut.

As usual, JB hitting us with inconsistent quality and materials. My shadows have mismatching leather quality throughout, mismatching toeboxes, and one collar is complete butter while the other is standard issue for recent 1’s. Overall they’re pretty nice though, much better than anything I’ve picked up recently
26BC67B3-E502-4FD4-ACFC-460305A1882B.jpeg
7CCAACA5-FC8B-4B21-B1FE-7341A41DBAF0.jpeg
F4E86E33-2A85-4460-AB9C-B7E722CB68E6.jpeg

Also, any suggestions for removing leftover leather inside the toebox ventilation holes??

Hairspray and a lighter

Gotta envision the entire roll of leather when they make these cuts for the shape before sew in. It’s inconsistent. Especially at the quantities in which theyre made.

Yep. Hard or actually impossible to make identical leather when mass producing hundreds of thousands of machine-made $160 msrp sneakers.

There are high end handmade dress shoe / boot makers that have inconsistent leather quality between shoes that cost $300-800+. The "clicking" of the sides of the leather depends on that specific worker. The wrinkles can be completely different just inches apart on a single side of leather. The belly is stretchier than the shoulder, etc. So many variables

That left collar is creased DS tho. I’d rock em and enjoy the feel. Where is your pair from?

I hear you about the toe vent holes. My FTL pair had more noticeable excess compared to Nike pair. Yours a bit diff- money looked white, yours the leather was soooo soft, it didn’t allow for a clean cut.

Nike reserve pair
Seriously, the left collar and toebox feel incredible. Right shoe is not bad quality either, just not the same, and it’s obvious looking at the collar alone.

Synthetic material is man made and should have more consistancy...

But the machines are the ones making the shoes (and I’m sure mixing the pleather material) to get the “man made product”.

I work as a machine operator and machines **** up all the time. Will never be perfect when making a product.

The supervisors main job is just making sure they get the product out of the building and get yelled at when they don’t. Anytime a “line” is down, that’s money the company is losing, and they only stop a “line” to fix it when it basically can’t make the product anymore, otherwise they just keep it moving.

Like someone mention, anytime they are mass producing a product it’ll never be perfect

But the machines are the ones making the shoes (and I’m sure mixing the pleather material) to get the “man made product”.

I work as a machine operator and machines **** up all the time. Will never be perfect when making a product.

The supervisors main job is just making sure they get the product out of the building and get yelled at when they don’t. Anytime a “line” is down, that’s money the company is losing, and they only stop a “line” to fix it when it basically can’t make the product anymore, otherwise they just keep it moving.

Like someone mention, anytime they are mass producing a product it’ll never be perfect
I was referring to the materials as synthetic and should have more consistency. Leather has different consiistency because it's an animal hide.

I understand what you’re saying and it makes sense.

When they’re mixing the material to get the leather, it’s most likely not going to be consistent if they use a machine to mix the leathers.

I work at a bakery manufacturing plant, and when they mix the dough, it’s not always consistent, even though they’re adding the same ingredients every time. There’s too many variables for it to be consistent

Absolutely. My snkrs pair was the worst out of the bunch for what it’s worth my foot store pairs were cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom