Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I just don't get who looks at an AJ1 up front and sees this

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 4.47.57 PM.png

or this

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 4.47.42 PM.png

and thinks its a good look for the shoe.

Because people don't really take photos with the seams showing lol they angle em so you can see the affect but not the booty crack lol like when the Chicago's dropped in 2013 people would wear the pants leg on the tip of the tongue to cover up the jumpman

By the way, whoever recommended the meguiars leather wipes, thanks. Seems to condition well without the mess that leather honey gives me. No need to buff either.

FB_IMG_1531123310689.jpg

Joining in on the black toe love..

So what do we have here? A black Toe with a tongue swap or a Bred toe with a toe paint job? I don't own a Black Toe yet, as this is how I want it to look. The Bred toe was close, but no cigar. The Track Red one was close too, but with the suede and red swoosh, still not what I really want in my 1 collection. I keep hoping we'll get a Black Toe PE yet some day, and won't mind paying extra to get those, if they do drop.

So what do we have here? A black Toe with a tongue swap or a Bred toe with a toe paint job? I don't own a Black Toe yet, as this is how I want it to look. The Bred toe was close, but no cigar. The Track Red one was close too, but with the suede and red swoosh, still not what I really want in my 1 collection. I keep hoping we'll get a Black Toe PE yet some day, and won't mind paying extra to get those, if they do drop.

Black toe with a toungue swap from 2013 breds.

i have so many questions but first and foremost: Why breds?

All the 2013 1s are garbage to me. Terrible leather and very uncomfortable. I got rid of all my 2013 pairs once JB started remastering 1s. That was the perfect toungue for the swap. This is just MY opinion of course on the 2013 1s, I'm sure many others will feel differently...

FB_IMG_1531193355806.jpg

This was the result of the toungue swap. Got rid of them quick!!

The Black Toe result you posted earlier looked awesome. This I understand why you got rid off. How much did you end up catching yet for these?
Thought about doing the same, but current BT pricing would not be ideal, and I'd have to find somebody that would be able to handle the swap without ruining the BT pair. So here is to hoping JB will drop that PE yet...

I'd have to find somebody that would be able to handle the swap without ruining the BT pair.

It only entails unstitching the seam of the original tongue and then stitching on the new one, there's an extremely small chance of any cobbler that can afford to pay for their shop messing up the swap :lol:

It's probably the second most basic custom you can do to a pair of Jordan Is after changing the laces.

I'd recommend using a Remastered High tongue if you ever make that move though, the 2013-14 ones just don't look right on the newer shape to me.

At nike HQ ..

Manager : People we need to boost our sales , i want to listen to some ideas right now
Young intern : Lets re-release a whole new version of Fragment 1's in large quantitites
Manager: We can not do that , Hiroshi will go ape**** and bust Mark's balls
Young intern : Ok , lets make half a fragment. We dont give them the whole product they want,instead we give them half of it and we still have the option to remake the whole thing in the future.So they rebuy the same shoe over and over again.
Manager : You have a bright future in our company youngling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom