Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I’ve just sold a pair of ds ‘17 royals cos glitter was starting to appear. My other ds pair hasn’t got any glitter even though the boxes were stored next to each other for almost two years.

So who’s gonna test it?

https://www.furnitureclinic.com/Spew_Remover

SPEWREM_filename_large_102_de875f77a697dfa4048ddbf4aa7dca8d.jpg

Interesting:

“Spew can be identified by heating the leather with a hair drier, when warmed up the spew will dissolve.

The film can be wiped away or cleaned off with a normal cleaner, but it will always reappear.

The Spew Remover extracts the spew from the leather and penetrates into the leather to prevent the spew recurring.”

So weird that it happens to some pairs but not others. Got the same problem.

Yep, I’ve had a pair of Barons that have remained DS since release day. I honestly hadn’t opened the box in close to 5 years now so I was honestly shocked to open the box about a month ago and find 0 glitter on my pair.

snkrs cam release
scratch release
facebook messenger release

nike just choose to use them on GRs

Scratch and cam releases can be subverted by systems - as the backend of Nike’s system will note what area to scratch and as with the cam shots now folks just load a google image of the coordinates (notes on the back end) that’s the location of the pic which one takes from their phone of the computer loaded google image to mimic being at the location (did this with Nigel’s in nyc).

Sneakerheads have always (always) been industrious peeps .... so short of just GR everything/having constant restocks/unlimited pre-ordering of collabs any system limiting the flow of a release will be met with an augmented workaround.

Scratch and cam releases can be subverted by systems - as the backend of Nike’s system will note what area to scratch and as with the cam shots now folks just load a google image of the coordinates (notes on the back end) that’s the location of the pic which one takes from their phone of the computer loaded google image to mimic being at the location (did this with Nigel’s in nyc).

Sneakerheads have always (always) been industrious peeps .... so short of just GR everything/having constant restocks/unlimited pre-ordering of collabs any system limiting the flow of a release will be met with an augmented workaround.

Yup. The only thing Nike could have done to release the TS somewhat fairly would have been to tweet a phone number you had to call to place an order.

Yup. The only thing Nike could have done to release the TS somewhat fairly would have been to tweet a phone number you had to call to place an order.
It's manufactured hype. By all accounts these sold out in seconds. Supply on StockX would indicate that there are a few hundred pairs in the wild.

Nike had no intention of selling shoes on Sunday. Their intention was to create hype.

It's manufactured hype. By all accounts these sold out in seconds. Supply on StockX would indicate that there are a few hundred pairs in the wild.

Nike had no intention of selling shoes on Sunday. Their intention was to create hype.

We talking about bots beating the system bro, not created hype. I feel you though, although I don't think these need Nike to create hype. These will sellout regardless.

But them manufacturing this hype just lessened the chance of the people, like me, who actually wanted the sneakers for personal wear.

giphy (6).gif

Back
Top Bottom