Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Looks like y’all be getting your Breds and Chi’s soon after all, with a little twist
Yep. Also looks like my 2015s are about to climb instead of fall. I knew all this OG 85 talk was ducktales. This react monstrosity is exactly what ive come to expect from Gentry. I feel sorry for those on here that got their hopes up. However, theres a real reason why we go in on Gentry so hard here. He is what he is and hes going to do what he does and its consistently unbelievably stupid time after time release after release. DO NOT give this guy the benefit of the doubt, youll get burned every time. Strap in, this is only year 1.

All i wanted was charcoals man, now its too late. THAnks for the inevitable let down on those gentry. Im already past it.

People have been curious about how a Jordan 1 would feel with some react or a newer cushion technology implemented in general... and this is what they do? :lol:

The funny thing is, they released some Women's lows with a soft phylon sole that looks damn near identical to the regular cupsole.

A hollowed sole with some holes and a drop-in react insole would've made so much more sense.
Gentry avoids sense like lettuce and tomato on his 3 daily double doubles

Extra onion
Hold the pickle

How the 16' pair should've released if they were supposed to be based off of the 2011 pair.

Stuff like this is why I been stepping away from sneakers and Nike in general. They have all the resources to do something like this and mass produce it, yet they dont. It pisses me off on so many levels. What really irks me is that brands like New Balance produces quality sneakers with no problem but Nike will keep upping the price and cutting down quality especially if it's TRUE and 175 is gonna be the average for more inferior colorways and product that literally no one asked for. Just makes me not give af anymore. Its honestly alienating me as a fan of the brand and sneakers.
Maybe it's for the best tbh, this cant go on forever.

I am glad I have most pairs that I've sought after though.

TOTALLY AGREE

Like...who is the target market for that design?

Makes me think of those pairs with the bungee cords on the sides looking like a luggage net.

Man, If you would have told me there was a react Jordan 1 coming out I would have told you I’d take 10 pair. Never could have imagined they’d screw it up that bad. Sheesh.

Right on cue

figured they’d go this way when they released the apex utility
Jordan-Apex-Utility-BQ7147-006-Release-Date-4-1.jpg

theyre obviously catering to the techwear crowd and riding that wave. in that sense, theyre not super terrible...JB just isnt targeting us with these releases, so its not a shock we dont find them all that appealing.

*bonus fact about the apex utility - the red fingerloop straps were inspired by the visitor bands that guests are required to wear in beaverton. the straps literally say VISITOR.

How the 16' pair should've released if they were supposed to be based off of the 2011 pair.

Stuff like this is why I been stepping away from sneakers and Nike in general. They have all the resources to do something like this and mass produce it, yet they dont. It pisses me off on so many levels. What really irks me is that brands like New Balance produces quality sneakers with no problem but Nike will keep upping the price and cutting down quality especially if it's TRUE and 175 is gonna be the average for more inferior colorways and product that literally no one asked for. Just makes me not give af anymore. Its honestly alienating me as a fan of the brand and sneakers.
Maybe it's for the best tbh, this cant go on forever.

I am glad I have most pairs that I've sought after though.

I feel like if you follow JB/Nike in general, at some point you’ll get to where you are. This is what they do best—release classics made different from what fans expect and then charge more for them. Every now and then they’ll throw you a bone with a “good enough” retro. But generally they don’t tick all the boxes when we all know they could if they really wanted to.

But hey—why would they when they know shoes will still sell out despite them being mediocre interpretations of classics? From a business standpoint it wouldn’t make sense to switch up now. I can’t say I blame them.

Back
Top Bottom