• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Probably time to sort this out..
20190804_135649.jpg

:lol:

You’re trying to give those boys a stroke!

Man, I loved the ish out of my 2008 Olympic 1s with the jumpman on the back. I forgot them in a Vegas hotel, way back when. Would love to see that shoe re-release as it was, or as an OG high.

It was okay, but kind of went off the rails a bit. Especially when they start interviewing Billie Eilish and ****. What does she have to do with ones?
I felt like it kind of went awry a bit too. Great graphic editing though.

It was okay, but kind of went off the rails a bit. Especially when they start interviewing Billie Eilish and ****. What does she have to do with ones?
Haven’t watched it yet, despite even family members being like “you’re into shoes, so you should watch this documentary I stumbled upon.” But now knowing that Billie Eilish is in it, doesn’t sound promising. I’m sure I’ll watch it regardless, but similar to what you said, what the hell does she have to do with 1s?

Billie Eilish has been affiliated with Jordan Brand for over a year now and appeared in various campaign ads and promos for the brand. Its Jordan’s way of connecting to the growing community of younger female sneakerheads that are familiar with her work. The documentary does a great job of highlighting the various influencers from the brands past and the growing female Jordan fans have definitely grown since Vashtie in thanks to people like Aleai May and Billie Eilish.

We are definitely not gonna compare Aleali May ALEALI MAY w/ 4 official j’s under her belt to Billie Eilish are we? Stop it.

We are definitely not gonna compare Aleali May ALEALI MAY w/ 4 official j’s under her belt to Billie Eilish are we? Stop it.

...no one's comparing the two. Why does it have to be a comparison? Why can't people acknowledge that two female artists are simply expanding the attention to the brand via various outlets? Lots of people know Eilishs music lots of people love Mays designs, you don't have to make it a competition loll.

Haven’t watched it yet, despite even family members being like “you’re into shoes, so you should watch this documentary I stumbled upon.” But now knowing that Billie Eilish is in it, doesn’t sound promising. I’m sure I’ll watch it regardless, but similar to what you said, what the hell does she have to do with 1s?

Just watch it man lol tbh a lot of the doc is stuff we already know for the most part.

...no one's comparing the two. Why does it have to be a comparison? Why can't people acknowledge that two female artists are simply expanding the attention to the brand via various outlets? Lots of people know Eilishs music lots of people love Mays designs, you don't have to make it a competition loll.
i didn't even know billie eilish had anything to do w/ the jb until about 45 mins ago. idk, i just think it's too too earlier to say he has had any impact. let's see if she has a collection that'll do well 1st or better yet sell out.

i didn't even know billie eilish had anything to do w/ the jb until about 45 mins ago. idk, i just think it's too too earlier to say he has had any impact. let's see if she has a collection that'll do well 1st or better yet sell out.

Like WalkingBred pointed out that’s the idea of good marketing, covering all your bases. You might not know Billie Eilish, I certainly didn’t, but my 17 year old girl cousin (who has tagged me several ads she’s featured in) definitely does lol and that’s the demographic they’re aiming for. From Kylie with Puma, to Dua Lupa With Adidas (yet another ad shown by my cousin lol) brands are investing in this demographic that has proven to be a worthy investment.

I think her impact is geared more towards women & young girls.
so is aleali's, but i've never seen anyone dress like billie, and this is coming from someone who's seen a good amount of ppl (mostly women) wear those ugly as$ martine rose monarch's.
Like WalkingBred pointed out that’s the idea of good marketing, covering all your bases. You might not know Billie Eilish, I certainly didn’t, but my 17 year old girl cousin (who has tagged me several ads she’s featured in) definitely does lol and that’s the demographic they’re aiming for. From Kylie with Puma, to Dua Lupa With Adidas (yet another ad shown by my cousin lol) brands are investing in this demographic that has proven to be a worthy investment.
i guess i'm more so thinking of ppl who are directly selling stuff as in having their own collabs. instead of just like being sponsored. i also i have an 11 yr old sister that's into pop stars n' such so i was aware of billie eilish. i've at least ppl seen try to emulate kylie jenner, and the dua lupa lady looks like the basic white upper class ig influencer. nothing special about her. also, i am in no means trying to sh*t on billie eilish (if i'm coming across that way). i like her style. it's fairly out there, which is probably why i haven't seen ppl look her. the way she dresses is very unsafe. i just don't wanna give her the "impact" tag yet.

Billie Eilish has been affiliated with Jordan Brand for over a year now and appeared in various campaign ads and promos for the brand. Its Jordan’s way of connecting to the growing community of younger female sneakerheads that are familiar with her work. The documentary does a great job of highlighting the various influencers from the brands past and the growing female Jordan fans have definitely grown since Vashtie in thanks to people like Aleai May and Billie Eilish.
Awwww. Well her being affiliated with JB makes sense as to why she’s featured. She definitely hits a specific demographic, and draws in a specific market that otherwise wouldn’t think twice about watching such a doc. And reinforces the fact that Js are worn by EVERYONE. Outside of knowing the JB affiliation, I just know there were other women that had more influence when it came to Js. But again, JB is smart for using an affiliate.

so is aleali's, but i've never seen anyone dress like billie, and this is coming from someone who's seen a good amount of ppl (mostly women) wear those ugly as$ martine rose monarch's.

i guess i'm more so thinking of ppl who are directly selling stuff as in having their own collabs. instead of just like being sponsored. i also i have an 11 yr old sister that's into pop stars n' such so i was aware of billie eilish. i've at least ppl seen try to emulate kylie jenner, and the dua lupa lady looks like the basic white upper class ig influencer. nothing special about her. also, i am in no means trying to sh*t on billie eilish (if i'm coming across that way). i like her style. it's fairly out there, which is probably why i haven't seen ppl look her. the way she dresses is very unsafe. i just don't wanna give her the "impact" tag yet.

I think you’re confusing the idea of how brands use certain influencers and artists. It’s not that they necessarily want to hire individuals just to have them sell merchandise by wanting consumers to directly emulate their style. Rather brands are aware people from various walks of life are passionate about their brand and want them to use their voice to reach new audiences. It’s not always about feeding into what’s already popular by signing the usual well known artist but rather exploring and gaining new fans and consumers through new avenues.
Billie Eilish apparently has fan base that’s relatively young and expanding rapidly, Nike if anything is doing what they’ve done with any new rookie athlete coming into the league in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom