Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Painted my reverse 85s
B4D43A06-3C76-47CD-8AAB-7CAAC6CA1BBD.jpeg

I commend you on this, and I personally might do this as well. IMO, the two original colors of this new OG mold will never ever fly:smh: stop playing jb

Customs of staple colorways that get released pretty often, doesn’t make much sense.

JB will without a doubt release the black/red, like they have with every other mold :lol:
The question is when and how hard will they be to cop. I paid 200. Will I be able to cop black and red og at retail anytime soon? Probably not.

The question is when and how hard will they be to cop. I paid 200. Will I be able to cop black and red og at retail anytime soon? Probably not.

naaaah, bro, you ruined them

they were the first/second shoe in a completely new mold, are in a colorway the model has never (?) seen before, and were super limited and hard to get too (for most us, anyway)

to echo what another dude said, the banneds are inevitably gonna come back anyway, so it's like... why?

it'd be like if you customized fragments into royals or something

like, i mean, unless you're really just that impatient and that particular about this mold and were planning on rocking them every single day or at least often enough to where you absolutely felt the need to do this, then you completely wasted a shoe imo

-

... all of that being said, though, it's your money and your stuff, so as long as you're happy, then i guess that's really all that matters

(but again - seriously - the last time banneds came out was already four years ago

there's no way they don't retro again within as little as the next year, and there's no way they'll be as hard to get as those varsity reds were)

it'd be like if you customized fragments into royals

whoa man, that’s a reach. In terms of colorway, the fragments blow the varsity reds out the water. We don’t know when they’ll release another black and red in the OG format, they might go back into the vault just like the Chicago’s. However this customization is ten folds better than the original colorway. That colorway was lazy by Jordan brand, so was the white and red. Being an Aj1, that co.jp color blocking just doesn’t cut it with this silhouette; it’s more for dunks. For jb to put all that effort for new tooling just to slap on a gimmicky air Jordan 1 phat low colorway is a slap in the face to everyone and themselves, then have the nerve to put a piece of labeling tape on a bag supposedly labeling all 23k pairs made.

It’s risky to pay resell and do the custom, but for him to obtain them at retail and customize them into the OGs, he’s one of the only few to have a true to an OG banned 1 retro :pimp: (since there’s a few out there who’ve done the custom).

they were the first/second shoe in a completely new mold, are in a colorway the model has never (?) seen before, and were super limited and hard to get too (for most us, anyway)

to echo what another dude said, the banneds are inevitably gonna come back anyway, so it's like... why?

it'd be like if you customized fragments into royals or something

like, i mean, unless you're really just that impatient and that particular about this mold and were planning on rocking them every single day or at least often enough to where you absolutely felt the need to do this, then you completely wasted a shoe imo

-

... all of that being said, though, it's your money and your stuff, so as long as you're happy, then i guess that's really all that matters

(but again - seriously - the last time banneds came out was already four years ago

there's no way they don't retro again within as little as the next year, and there's no way they'll be as hard to get as those varsity reds were)
Im only interested in original color ways . I planned on painting them before I bought them off SNKRS. Do we know when they are releasing again? Will I have to pay $400 for them if I strike out? Doesn’t matter, I have them now. Og black and red 1. For $200.
84EC5367-248C-4EA2-81A1-FC2B15BE20EA.png

Last edited:
I see both sides...Those varsity reds won't be seen again in that mold anytime soon. But the shoe without a doubt looks way better in the OG black/red colorblocking, even though we will more likely than not see that colorway on the new mold sooner than later and will probably be way more available than the varsity reds.

But homie said he only cares about OG colorways so in reality he doesn't care about how limited the shoe was. He just wants his black/reds in the '85 mold I respect it.

For what it's worth at least it looks like he did a decent job with the paint work on them.

If the UNDFTD inspired cw looks anything like the OG and has a sock liner, I’m IN! I wanted a pair of the OGs for YEARS! I hated that they didn’t have a liner though...

-edit-
I ordered these in January. I LOVE the colorblocking and cw so much, that I ordered these from NB1...

94E14887-DDCA-4417-B693-DFF74A0CCB38.jpeg
What's the style code of these?

Im only interested in original color ways . I planned on painting them before I bought them off SNKRS. Do we know when they are releasing again? Will I have to pay $400 for them if I strike out? Doesn’t matter, I have them now. Og black and red 1. For $200.

The cheapest alternative with the best quality and least effort, would have been to ruin/custom a pair of UNC to CHIs. Your paint job seems to be on point so that woulda been a breeze. I’d understand taking a brand new, trash shoe, like bloodlines and ruining them, but reverse breds...yikes. Apparently, The new generation gives zero F’s, I hate it but I kinda like it. Takes some real cahones.

If banneds release again they’re gonna be $500 resell right out of the gate because Gentry is gonna make them super limited and the demand will blow reverse bred demand out of the water, especially if less than 100k pairs are produced. And I’m Being conservative with my $500 prediction. BET.

My dream collab for 2020
GentryXCorona. Let’s go!!!

The cheapest alternative with the best quality and least effort, would have been to ruin/custom a pair of UNC to CHIs. Your paint job seems to be on point so that woulda been a breeze. I’d understand taking a brand new, trash shoe, like bloodlines and ruining them, but reverse breds...yikes. Apparently, The new generation gives zero F’s, I hate it but I kinda like it. Takes some real cahones.

If banneds release again they’re gonna be $500 resell right out of the gate because Gentry is gonna make them super limited and the demand will blow reverse bred demand out of the water, especially if less than 100k pairs are produced. And I’m Being conservative with my $500 prediction. BET.

My dream collab for 2020
GentryXCorona. Let’s go!!!
I understand I ruined the reverse bred. Not a big deal to me. I’m not in the resell game. I’m in the I like og jordan color way game. I grew up watching jordan so I can appreciate the finer attention to detail. If the sneaker is not up to og standard I’m not buying it.

I understand I ruined the reverse bred. Not a big deal to me. I’m not in the resell game. I’m in the I like og jordan color way game. I grew up watching jordan so I can appreciate the finer attention to detail. If the sneaker is not up to og standard I’m not buying it.
Well you still got a cardboard 1 that creases and cracks like no other 🤷‍♂️

Nostalgia and power of the past-enough said; I’m sure most of us who watched MJ can relate.

2017s go for more than reverse breds rn so I guess you saved some money. Still hurts for those of us who have the banned/Black-reds in some iteration and missed out on the reverse breds bc they were so dang limited. As long as you’re enjoying em F everybody else. Cheers bud.

GENTRYXCORONA collab would be Gentry’s finest contribution to sneakers in 2 decades and would bring joy to the masses.

Where do we sign the petition to make this happen???

Can someone please cough on the man?!?!?:emoji_thermometer_face:

those look great man and you got what you wanted. forget what anyone else is saying. what was your process?

The part where he’s not making sense is in that he’s saying he customized a $200 pair of shoes, but if I’m looking at stockx correctly, and I know that’s not the only measure of what a shoe costs, they’re going for well over $1K. So he basically turned a $1k sneaker into breds (in the 85 mold). Yeah he paid $200 but he could turn that into 1K with 3 clicks.
Not to mention the work and hassle of customizing/painting almost an entire shoe. Most people wouldn’t want to mess with that, plus the worry of fx’ing up an expensive shoe.

bottom line is if he’s happy, let him do him

Back
Top Bottom