Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
After an hour waiting on the phone to get through they let me add the code back in luckily. I guess in the end it was worth it, but still a pain to deal with.

Oh for sure. But I know that feeling of hitting "submit order," then seeing that the discount disappeared. Glad they took care of it for you!

After an hour waiting on the phone to get through they let me add the code back in luckily. I guess in the end it was worth it, but still a pain to deal with.
Were they able to provide you with an answer to why that happened when you submitted the order?

My favorite 1s
A321F880-AA79-492A-8384-620C2181FD2B.jpeg

im A old head but am I the only one who’s not looking to make money off their colection?

Prices are just too good right now. but if you don’t need the money just hold. Like some people alluded too, no telling when JB will release 1s in original colors again. They will continue to appreciate. My guess for Chicago’s would be 2025. I would only sell if i had extra pairs or I was strapped for cash.

Were they able to provide you with an answer to why that happened when you submitted the order?

No, they didn't say why it happened or offer any type of explanation. They just said I could add the code back on if I still had it along with my order #. I was fully expecting them to say no, and having to cancel. CS center seems to be overseas somewhere so I didn't want to go too far into the details. Most likely they wouldn't know, and I didn't want to burden them with a bunch of extra questions once they told me they could add it on.

Yep. Those famously sat during release weekend. Funny how back then we joked about Shadows sitting in 2013.

In 5 years, we’ll joke about Gym Reds and Bloodlines sitting and hitting discount (j/k... hopefully).

lol I doubt it. UNC's and Shadows are OG cw and we only joked about them sitting is because JB was producing too many pairs of everything. But we joke about Gym Reds and Bloodlines because they straight up ugly :lol:

lol I doubt it. UNC's and Shadows are OG cw and we only joked about them sitting is because JB was producing too many pairs of everything. But we joke about Gym Reds and Bloodlines because they straight up ugly :lol:

haha I disagree with you on Gym Reds but you’re right... Honestly, I like the times where things are easier to attain. I’m just happy we had the 2016-2018 run of OG cw 1 retros. With Gentry back, there’s 0 chance we get releases like that in the quantities we got back then. Insane I was easily able to double up on both Royals and Shadows (for some reason I didn’t do so with Black Toes). I’ve beaten my Royals to death but I’m keeping my 2nd pair DS for as long as I can since who knows when they’ll retro again. 2016 Breds were the only release that had significant resell (~$300) immediately after release.

Just sucks we didn’t get another Chi retro after 2015.. ah well.

UNC were going for retail for the longest. Ive had mine since day 1 and theyre still beautiful as ever!

UNC's didn't sit. Chicago's, breds, and black toes just the only OG's that initially had resale value.
Storm blues tho, those things sat for a while.

UNCs nor Shadows sit in big urban cities. Nothing of the sorts sit in any big metropolitan city.

UNC's didn't sit. Chicago's, breds, and black toes just the only OG's that initially had resale value.
Storm blues tho, those things sat for a while.

IIRC, Mike Rich has a video where he picked up UNCs in Atlanta and nobody was out picking them up. I recall he was actually pretty surprised. Shadows definitely sat in 2013 at least on release day here in DC, I can’t vouch for the sizes available though so I doubt there was a FSR. In 2018, Shadows weren’t as difficult as some of the other releases but I don’t think they sat anywhere because OG 1 hype was up and running well by then (although JB seemed to have expanded production for those runs). I picked up Storm
blues on solid discount from L&H... Was a nice pickup lol

7D435E71-E575-4C1F-936C-724C0BE6E53B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom