Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
How many pairs of shoes does the average NTer own I wonder... and how do you all store them? Do you have a room just for your shoes and clothes?

I have around 100 pairs of shoes, 90% of which are Js. My walk in closet is almost completely full, I think I have room for 8 more pairs. I have been selling out quite a few pairs lately so I think once I hit that limit, if I can't sell off something else to make room for it then I don't need it.

Also team #retailorbust all day I don't care what shoe it is I will never pay above retail for it.

I do think I will have a room/closet though if I end up getting a 4 bedroom house.

Shxt in my veins, ain’t never walkin away from it...seriously a lifestyle :pimp:

Most in it for trend though. I get it.

Truth. It's never been a trend for me either, if I didn't love it I wouldn't be here. There's just more I'd rather devote time to eventually. They're just shoes at the end of the day.

And my collection is pushing 250 pairs or so

Welp there’re off to the moon

Attachments

• A8CC4D74-FD1B-4D1C-97E9-96D181487915.jpeg
    A8CC4D74-FD1B-4D1C-97E9-96D181487915.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 231
How many pairs of shoes does the average NTer own I wonder... and how do you all store them? Do you have a room just for your shoes and clothes?

I have around 100 pairs of shoes, 90% of which are Js. My walk in closet is almost completely full, I think I have room for 8 more pairs. I have been selling out quite a few pairs lately so I think once I hit that limit, if I can't sell off something else to make room for it then I don't need it.

Also team #retailorbust all day I don't care what shoe it is I will never pay above retail for it.

I do think I will have a room/closet though if I end up getting a 4 bedroom house.

I MIGHT have 40 (had to recount 😂)pairs of sneakers that I wear/rotate...kudos to everyone that has a "collection" , "collecting" shoes isn't MY thing but I get it! I purchase to wear them.

I was team #retailorbust in my younger days when I had the time/energy to go from store to store but since we're in the "bot"/"app reserve"/"raffle" era, it's damn near impossible to get every release that I want for box price. I REFUSE to wait in a line/camp out for a sneaker. I LOVE kicks, I LOVE the game (over 2 decades in and out, up and down) but I have limits. Maybe I'm just lazy....maybe I don't LOVE it.....NT is so therapeutic

Last edited:
I have never camped out and will never either. I do wear alnost all of my shoes tho, and I only buy shoes with the intention of wearing them. Luckily I think most collabs or ugly or lame so missing out in the off white/travis scotts/fragment etc etc doesn't bother me at all. Also I expect to strike out of the WMNS exclusive 1s at this point.

I've got around 60ish pairs.

They are kept in a small walk in closet in our 4th bedroom. I need to start selling some again.

I have around 30 pairs, but I wanna cut that to 10-15.

I forget I have certain kicks and they sit for months. Idk how you dudes with over 60+ pairs do it. When do you have time to wear all these shoes ? (Especially in today's covid world)

Just don't see the point of having kicks sitting for years, in storage, just for the sake of it. I wanna wear my kicks.

I was close to 200, experienced a break in years ago and had to start fresh again. Now i hover around 100 pairs of sneakers (not including designer or anything). Honestly, my rotation really could be 20-30. I have started to trim the fat, selling whatever I can't see myself wearing.

I was close to 200, experienced a break in years ago and had to start fresh again. Now i hover around 100 pairs of sneakers (not including designer or anything). Honestly, my rotation really could be 20-30. I have started to trim the fat, selling whatever I can't see myself wearing.

Your entire collection was jacked? That’s tough man

The question is whether it's love or an addiction.

It's love, when you're addicted to something, you can't live/go on without it. WE can live/go on without kicks. MOST of us have purged our "collections" several times over the years for various reasons. We keep coming back and keep buying simply because we enjoy it. Love is a CHOICE, addiction isn't....ONCE you're addicted...

It's love, when you're addicted to something, you can't live/go on without it. WE can live/go on without kicks. MOST of us have purged our "collections" several times over the years for various reasons. We keep coming back and keep buying simply because we enjoy it. Love is a CHOICE, addiction isn't....ONCE you're addicted...
Spoken like a true addict 😁

Nah bro
Are you an addict or know any? Addicts CAN and DO live and go on without the thing they are addicted to, that’s what recovery is about. You can be addicted to drugs or alcohol but if you can get better, you go on to live ya life without those things, still as an addict.

Nah bro
Are you an addict or know any? Addicts CAN and DO live and go on without the thing they are addicted to, that’s what recovery is about. You can be addicted to drugs or alcohol but if you can get better, you go on to live ya life without those things, still as an addict.

In fact I do! I was once an addict (not going into detail)....addiction is a physical and/or mental dependency on something(insert whatever you want)... do your research

We cop kicks, miss some, sell some, trade some, etc..... the last time I checked, a sneaker purchase (or lack there of) didn't make a difference to someone's physical or mental health (read it slowly, multiple times if needed, it may take some a while to get it).

Are we EMOTIONALLY attached to kicks? SURE, but emotional attachment or any other synonym that you would like to use is NOT an addiction.

IF you can move on past a release because you were unable to cop (doesn't matter if it's due to financial reasons, availability, etc...) you are NOT an addict. On the other hand, IF you are pawning your relatives belongings, selling your body, or any other extreme/irresponsible measures to obtain funds to purchase sneakers then you ARE in fact an addict. I've PERSONALLY NEVER seen or heard of ANYONE taking such extreme measures to purchase shoes but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. If you have a story, please share it but I don't believe that anyone on this forum or in the community is an addict. Addiction is VERY real and anyone that has gone through can understand where I'm coming from.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I don't have problem with that. I'm here to learn. Enlighten me.....

Back
Top Bottom