• Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It's all about demographics.
What is Jeters fan base?
What is Jordans?

Limited shlimited.....

Royals all day...

Would you guys trade a pair of DS Royal 1s for a pair of DS Jeter 1s + cash? Who wins and what shoe has greater value in the long run? I think Jeter 1s will be harder to obtain later 5-10 yrs.
Correct Answer: Whichever YOU like more.

I'd personally take royals over jeters any day because I'd actually get a lot of fits off w/ them 
smokin.gif
 but seems like you're trying to stock up to sell in the future so...

Answer You Want: Jeters... Royals have a much higher chance of retroing. Hopefuls will say they'll probably retro jeters for his HOF induction but I doubt that 
laugh.gif

Maybe I'm biased because I own Jeters and not Royals but I feel like Royals are more likely to be retro'd and that jeters will be harder to obtain down the line.

Maybe I'm biased because I own Jeters and not Royals but I feel like Royals are more likely to be retro'd and that jeters will be harder to obtain down the line.

theres plenty of shoes that were limited that down the line the havent increased in value.

while i love the Jeters, not everyone feels the same.

Royals are iconic and you rarely hear someone say they dont like em. Theres a reason they go for high price plus even if they are retroed, so what. This was so far the 2nd time they retroed? correct? another time in 5 or more years isnt gonna decrease the value :lol:

theres plenty of shoes that were limited that down the line the havent increased in value.

Royals are iconic and you rarely hear someone say they dont like em. Theres a reason they go for high price plus even if they are retroed, so what. This was so far the 2nd time they retroed? correct? another time in 5 or more years isnt gonna decrease the value :lol:

I know what you mean but JB can be unpredictable w the retros like the Carmine's for example. Classic shoe but before they were retro'd and made into a gr they had a lot more market value than they used to. I definitely see what you're saying tho, it could go either way imo. Too early to tell.

JB def aint making Royals into a GR anytime soon, i can put money on that. and we probably shouldnt expect a retro anytime soon. Took 12 years for 1. doubt we have to wait another 12 years but it wont be for a few unless they feel like doing something with the remaster series and if so those would most likely be even more limited and make the resell of royals in general go up..

Royals are iconic and you rarely hear someone say they dont like em. Theres a reason they go for high price plus even if they are retroed, so what. This was so far the 2nd time they retroed? correct? another time in 5 or more years isnt gonna decrease the value
laugh.gif
jeters will only go up in value

like I said this transcends just shoes

good shoe to vault

Never said they wouldnt :lol:

hell id like a pair but i aint got the cash to drop on em as much as i want em. I def aint selling a pair of my breds to cop a pair.

Never said they wouldnt
laugh.gif

hell id like a pair but i aint got the cash to drop on em as much as i want em. I def aint selling a pair of my breds to cop a pair.
we will never see another Yankee like Jeter

we WILL see bred 1s be re-released once or  twice every decade

Never said they wouldnt :lol:

we will never see another Yankee like Jeter

we WILL see bred 1s be re-released once or  twice every decade

True but even then, i got none of my pairs at retail :lol:

thats what sucks about buying kicks because even if they do release it will be all hype. im gonna need a bot and a good one just to have a chance at copping. Im all manual brah

id contemplate trading breds for the Jeters but it would be hard man but im in love with the Jeters as hard as it is to believe

Last edited:
I honestly don't get the appeal of Jeter's. It seems as though many people are trying to justify their purchase because of the perception of how limited they'll be. Have yet to see any on foot pics....

I honestly don't get the appeal of Jeter's. It seems as though many people are trying to justify their purchase because of the perception of how limited they'll be. Have yet to see any on foot pics....
This!!!

I've kind of been guilty of this before 
mean.gif

When all the Prelude hype/releases were going on, A new HOH was opening up in the LA area & they were "restocking" a bunch of stuff (WTK 8's, Preludes 1-5, Bred 1's, etc). I heard it was going to be first come, first serve & you couldn't line up 'til 6 am (should of known better 
laugh.gif
). I get there like 5 mins before 6 & a big mob was there & found out they decided to do a raffle because of this. I was going to leave because I thought I had no shot but I drove an hour so I said **** it & got my ticket. Me getting there late as hell actually benefited me because my ticket was at the top (raffle done out of a shoebox) & I ended up being like #7 in line. Long story short, I ended up picking up the prelude 1's MOSTLY due to hype & aftermarket price 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
 (it was a well executed shoe though). If I could go back I would of picked bred 1's for retail in a heartbeat. Ended up selling my preludes anyways when I started trimming down my "collection" to essentials lol.

it's mostly just idiots caught up in the moment/ "culture" if you want to call it that. most people that actually copped probably aren't big Jeter fans. I don't see more than a handful of hardcore jeter fans willing to buy these shoes (especially for resale) they would want something better imo. most buyers are probably just your average 2012 and newer "sneakerhead" looking for the latest limited thing just to say they copped.
mean.gif

Alot of ppl arent big jeter fans but its still a yankees theme. And whats the big deal with royal 1s. The leather is crap and the hype wasnt crazy when they released until people found out they were a bit more limited than the other 1s. I really didnt see superior quality compared to bred 1s (also crap leather) and they looked like fakes next to the banneds. Unless you loved royals like that, which VERY few ppl did, im seeing the same nonsense hype driven resale prices....which my shoe fund greatly appreciated by the way

Alot of ppl arent big jeter fans but its still a yankees theme. And whats the big deal with royal 1s. The leather is crap and the hype wasnt crazy when they released until people found out they were a bit more limited than the other 1s. I really didnt see superior quality compared to bred 1s (also crap leather) and they looked like fakes next to the banneds. Unless you loved royals like that, which VERY few ppl did, im seeing the same nonsense hype driven resale prices....which my shoe fund greatly appreciated by the way

Bonus: video of the '85 push excel all star game with Michael Jordan scoring 37 in shadows

Last edited:
I know its just my opinion but seriously put them all side by side and tell me you disagree especially compared to banneds. Remember we're talkin about recent release royals now not the 01s. I know its tumbled vs smooth leather but press on the leathers and try to stretch on it. Pretty sure thats not lambskin leather

they're both fake leather
laugh.gif
nike/jordan spends less than $10 on materials on retros (much less on the 1s, since its the cheapest of the retro line)

Last edited:
Would you guys trade a pair of DS Royal 1s for a pair of DS Jeter 1s + cash? Who wins and what shoe has greater value in the long run? I think Jeter 1s will be harder to obtain later 5-10 yrs.
I personally would NOT(have 2013s DS) but I would do it for some NYC 1s. It just, I can see myself wearing the NYCs but never wearing the Jeters. As a collector, would LOVE to own both!

Back
Top Bottom