• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Can't do AJKO's

Sold those and the flyknit Jordan 1's I had, because I realized there wasn't a time I would look at my kicks and decide to wear them over regular 1's.
If someone has the leather pair I can see not wanting these.

But for someone who doesn't have the leather pair then these are a great consolation purchase.

Beats a pair of mids.

If someone has the leather pair I can see not wanting these.

But for someone who doesn't have the leather pair then these are a great consolation purchase.

Beats a pair of mids.

I have the leather pair. I’ll take a pair of these too..they are considerably different.

Finally arrived!!
F8DD4A06-A3C0-4D09-B7DB-BDC13DF13FE5.jpeg

There once was a trash shoe that no one wanted, which ended up at outlets. Now some internet dweebs are beasting for them. End of story.

Word. I got my Chicago's for like $40 from the outlets and passed on other colors, but ended up letting them go because of the wonky toebox and thick-*** collar.

Serious question for those that don’t like these. Are you all just not fans of white high top kicks? Because in my mind, I don’t see how someone could legitimately like white high top kicks, yet not like these. Or maybe you don’t think Jordan 1s should be all or mainly white? Better yet, do any of you who don’t like these, like the all Sail Jordan 1s from 2017? I love my Sails, but these are on a whole other level IMO. I’m honestly just curious.
We aren't saying they're ugly. They're just plain so it's weird to see all the hype for a relatively flat, vanilla pair. f JB had never retroed a pair of Is before, this wouldn't be the one we would want them to start with. I doubt many people have this as their favorite colorway and it probably isn't in many people's top five or ten Jordan I colorways.

A lot of us will probably fail at retail. Paying resale for this one is really hard to justify in my mind.

These are just too damn sexy! Yeah, all those that think these are “plain,” or “boring,” or whatever else, please keep that same damn energy. But I know they’ll all of a sudden become everyone’s grail (which they are for me and a bunch here already), we’ll see a whole bunch of “they’re growing on me’s,” and other flip-flopping az sentiments.
B28FA763-212A-4E2D-B241-A23ECA885A90.jpeg
E6A9DDC4-A311-4D6E-B45E-0A48858CF49F.jpeg
FC1AF29F-8805-4BE6-9357-745DE93464EA.jpeg
27E90FB0-EC2D-4523-8F43-EC14B35991DB.jpeg
A81A3B2E-BCCF-43BA-A07C-CB49CAA40EBF.jpeg
C7715D00-C33C-4FB2-887F-81BCAE885A87.jpeg
CF8EC09B-2C99-4A2B-86E4-AB5D0B7ECDDD.jpeg
D316A262-2529-43A4-A8A3-BC49D0FC97B7.jpeg
Sorry for my late response. I immediately fell into a deep sleep after looking at these boring *** shoes.

There's nothing wrong with the NG1s. It's the definition of a clean colorway. But it's also kind of boring when compared against most other AJ1s due to lack of much color or personality.

Some folks just don't like white based shoes. I'm not a big fan of them and I loathe white laces.

If I'm going to wear an all white or mostly all white shoe then give me coke white AF1s or Columbia 11s.

We aren't saying they're ugly. They're just plain so it's weird to see all the hype for a relatively flat, vanilla pair. f JB had never retroed a pair of Is before, this wouldn't be the one we would want them to start with. I doubt many people have this as their favorite colorway and it probably isn't in many people's top five or ten Jordan I colorways.

A lot of us will probably fail at retail. Paying resale for this one is really hard to justify in my mind.
I feel it. Like I said, I can totally understand not being a fan of these for people that aren’t big fans of all white (or mainly white I guess), or for those that like all white shoes, but don’t necessarily see anything special about these when compared to like an all white AF1, Dunk, or other model. And definitely for anyone in either of those camps, paying resell would be viewed as insanity, so I feel it.

As for whether or not these are in people’s top 5 or top 10s, I’d argue that these ARE at least in the top 10 for people that are particularly into OGs colorways, or should I say, people that view the OG colorways with a certain esteem. For me personally, top 10 1s, in no particular order, are the Chis, Blk/Reds, Royals, Shadows, UNCs, Kentucky’s (Storm Blues), Metallic Navy’s, Neutral Greys, Black/Whites, and Blk Toe with Black Tongue (like the PE that Jordan ACTUALLY wore and we’ve never actually got, not the White Tongue like we got). The only other OGs that dropped were some Metallics, and the Blk Toe w/ White Tongue. So there really were only like 14 OG Highs that dropped that were available (not counting samples and such) and I’d personally take ALL the OGs that dropped in ‘85 or ‘86 over any collab or newer color.

Back
Top Bottom