• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Now that is wild to me

I can’t imagine the overhead to run one of those consignment shops in the mall between the monthly rent, payroll, insurance, taxes etc.
All their **** is wild overpriced, I just assume it’s 95% dope boys (cash business) and celebrities that do business there. Tbh they seem like a good money laundering set up.

As far as Stockx- yeah they’re selling the idea of authenticity/peace of mind but just as important they made it ridiculously easy to resell. Anyone can do it now, pokemon soccer moms can flip

They all lowball you on anything you take in there too...a couple months ago I brought a pair of those Community Garden dunks I hit off SNKRS. Wanted to even swap for the AF1 cocoa snakes they had listed for 340.

Man told me he couldn't do the trade and the best they could do was "200" like I don't see said shoe listed on stockx for 400. I took my shoes and left.
Like I get you gotta make your money but I'm not a crackhead that needs a fix. Mad disrespectful.

No explanation needed. Just look at them.

This, lol. I’m surprised to see anybody wanted em.

Clearly people want them, given they were $140 retail and are immediately reselling for $280-$300+ lol

I don’t understand the hate though, the design is pretty low key, in terms of colorblocking and have nylon tongues without large, obnoxious Jumpman branding like mids. But to each his own, I wish the majority of people thought like you guys did so I could pick up my size without paying over double retail lol

They all lowball you on anything you take in there too...a couple months ago I brought a pair of those Community Garden dunks I hit off SNKRS. Wanted to even swap for the AF1 cocoa snakes they had listed for 340.

Man told me he couldn't do the trade and the best they could do was "200" like I don't see said shoe listed on stockx for 400. I took my shoes and left.
Like I get you gotta make your money but I'm not a crackhead that needs a fix. Mad disrespectful.
Buy low, sell high... that's the business.

Like 206to813 206to813 said I can't imagine what it cost to upkeep that kind of business (that's honestly better suited for the internet), but I've actually been in a couple spots you could get kicks and weed (not in the mall lol) I'd you knew the right people so I could see it work as a washing machine for the money.

Buy low, sell high... that's the business.

Like 206to813 206to813 said I can't imagine what it cost to upkeep that kind of business (that's honestly better suited for the internet), but I've actually been in a couple spots you could get kicks and weed (not in the mall lol) I'd you knew the right people so I could see it work as a washing machine for the money.
That’s why I think their business is 95% dope boys
I know some NT heads gotta be clued into resale shop biz

Clearly people want them, given they were $140 retail and are immediately reselling for $280-$300+ lol
Resell price is not a clear sign they are wanted. It’s a clear sign resellers run this mess right now. They’re trying to capitalize on everything that drops, especially AJ 1s. No knock on your taste, I’m just sure that particular pair is not one the heads care for, especially with all the other drops for this month.

I don’t understand the hate though, the design is pretty low key, in terms of colorblocking and have nylon tongues without large, obnoxious Jumpman branding like mids. But to each his own, I wish the majority of people thought like you guys did so I could pick up my size without paying over double retail lol

don’t mind him G. They are simple and clean.

A lot of those shops are definitely store fronts, no way they sell that many shoes consistently while being able to cash people out, pay rent/payroll etc, shoes that sit for MONTHS...and be successful

C3A4C211-062C-4EB6-AC1E-1F7DAC14D2A1.jpeg

this restock
Welp just got the reservation cancel for the silver pair on ftl
I still have no clue why they do this consistently...

They say oh we had to because of delayed shipment but then FCFS that “shipment” on monday:lol:

they should still reserve them you just have to wait until they come in

Another pair with the discount!

This restock popped up on one account (that I make most of my purchases) but not any other! But anyway... I didn’t want to pay resale for another pair so I’m good now.

Attachments

• 82B63247-4225-4308-A82E-55DB9B985E8E.png
    82B63247-4225-4308-A82E-55DB9B985E8E.png
    548.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 19377016-CB1A-45C5-941C-DAC156EF5E1C.jpeg
    19377016-CB1A-45C5-941C-DAC156EF5E1C.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 64
StockX valued at a Billy and they don't have a tangible product. Honestly they won.

I don’t know if their model is sustainable though. They’re essentially the StubHub of resellers. All it would take would be for Nike to create or buy a reselling platform for Nikes/Js (honestly, I think they might as well at this point) much like Ticketmaster did and StockX would take a HUGE hit and even potentially be out of business (unlike Ticketmaster, I don’t think the US government is going to investigate a sneaker selling and reselling monopoly). It’s already been widely reported that StockX has sold fakes so it’s not like they have the best credibility in the industry anyways.

If I were the StockX guy, I’d sell it now.
You'd be selling yourself short.

Although stockX has its flaws like I said earlier it's here to stay. Their market share is only growing. They've expanded into everything from electronics, to trading cards.

People are reselling more and more everyday goods regularly now. StockX is the hub of those goods. Even if nike takes away some of those sneaker sales they (StockX) will just find another things that the culture is willing to pay extra for.

Back
Top Bottom