Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Don't start this Mikey. There were no 3.0s so subsequently there cannot be a 4.0. And furthermore, those aren't starfish.
The Orange on the 3.0 was starfish. But the upcoming pair definitely does not follow in the SBB line because it doesn’t have starfish orange.

In to add em to these
50F51283-F2E7-4B16-9ED9-D95FDF0B0547.jpeg
Kodak pair in the middle?

I'm trying to do it on a pair of Neutral Greys, bro.

Did the dude post a tutorial by chance?

-Drew
nah, it was a seller on ebay.

that pair gotta be un-soled and re-lasted, tho right?

looks like alot less material on the vamp and toe cap than how they are originally

i asked the guy and he said it was just the wet towel and iron technique. thats a good point about less material though, unless it somehow shrinks? lol

God knows I would LOVE to see what type of pandemonium would ensue if JB and Nike made some type of official official statement that the “SBB 3.0s” are/were indeed SBB 3.0s.

It has to be be pretty clear though, regardless of which side of the “SBB 3.0 or not” fence that you stand, that the reality is that every Jordan with the combination of Starfish, Black, and White/Sail/Cream is going to be referred to as some type of SBB fill-in-the-blank, with or without a special insole, and with or without being called so specifically by Nike/JB. Especially since that shade of Orange was first created and utilized on the SBB 1.0 and 2.0, along with black and specifically sail (the use of white or cream wouldn’t deter them from being called SBBs though). Just like how every Jordan with Varsity Maize, Varsity Royal (though the 1s technically use Game Royal), and white and/or black, will be referred to as a Laney “whatever,” whether called so officially or not.

Those Electro Oranges, by virtue of the different shade of Orange at the least, are definitely NOT SBBs IMO.

True.

But what if those OG colorways released recently didn't have that one panel colored wrong and was a true 1:1 otherwise?
I may be having a brain fart, what do u mean? Are u referring to something like those "Chicago" mids from last year? If so I think they'd be widely liked by even ppl in here.

Yeah.
Chicago with lower heel panel in white.
Breds and Royals with the eyelet panel colored.
That's the three big ones off top if my head.
Yeah, a good colorway is good colorway, to me. Personally, I don't do consolation prices & that's what I would see those as, so no. However, those Lakers Mids (non-og) are something I would've brought had I knew of them at the time. They're really nice.

God knows I would LOVE to see what type of pandemonium would ensue if JB and Nike made some type of official official statement that the “SBB 3.0s” are/were indeed SBB 3.0s.

It has to be be pretty clear though, regardless of which side of the “SBB 3.0 or not” fence that you stand, that the reality is that every Jordan with the combination of Starfish, Black, and White/Sail/Cream is going to be referred to as some type of SBB fill-in-the-blank, with or without a special insole, and with or without being called so specifically by Nike/JB. Especially since that shade of Orange was first created and utilized on the SBB 1.0 and 2.0, along with black and specifically sail (the use of white or cream wouldn’t deter them from being called SBBs though). Just like how every Jordan with Varsity Maize, Varsity Royal (though the 1s technically use Game Royal), and white and/or black, will be referred to as a Laney “whatever,” whether called so officially or not.

Those Electro Oranges, by virtue of the different shade of Orange at the least, are definitely NOT SBBs IMO.

Lol, I don't think there would be any pandemonium to be honest. People will say, "I was right" or "I was wrong."

Good point about the Laney colored shoes, I'm not too sure on those if Nike said they were on every release. But on these Jordan 1, every Shattered Backboard release was named that from Nike in their press release ie., the 1.0, 2.0 and women's, not the Halloween 1s. They just dropped in October and resellers put a name to it to hype up the price, IMO.

Reactions: SBA
Back
Top Bottom