Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Nice job. So I was right. 2021 and then 2018 before it which was...one pair. And 2017 was...one pair. 2016 had a handful.

That's unacceptable.
Nah, that's also wrong.
This year:
Neutral Grey
Shadow 2.0
Metallic Purple
2020:
Red/White
Black/Gold
2019:
LA 2 CHI (a 2 OG's in 1 shoe where you have Lakers and Black sole Chicago's if you have two pairs)

Nah, that's also wrong.
This year:
Neutral Grey
Shadow 2.0
Metallic Purple
2020:
Red/White
Black/Gold
2019:
LA 2 CHI (a 2 OG's in 1 shoe where you have Lakers and Black sole Chicago's if you have two pairs)
It doesn’t bother me either way, but I’m sure you’re gonna get pushback on this list because other than the NGs that released this year, it’s going to be pointed out that the “Shadow 2.0s” are based on a sample, and not an actual OG that dropped, same goes for the Black/Golds and both the Lakers (have black soles, whereas those samples or whatever they technically are had purple soles, so different IMO) and Black Sole Chi’s that combine to make the LA2Chis, the Red/Whites are a PE MJ rocked so not an OG that ever released, and the Metallic Purples this time around have a leather tongue, differentiating them from the OGs. I agree with you on the NGs, and the Metallic Purples personally, but I can see why people would say no to the Purps. The others being samples, or whatever type of obscurities, and the Red/Whites being PEs, makes me personally not count them as OGs re-releasing. That Lakers pair, in true form, is the pair I really want to release one day though.

It doesn’t bother me either way, but I’m sure you’re gonna get pushback on this list because other than the NGs that released this year, it’s going to be pointed out that the “Shadow 2.0s” are based on a sample, and not an actual OG that dropped, same goes for the Black/Golds and both the Lakers (have black soles, whereas those samples or whatever they technically are had purple soles, so different IMO) and Black Sole Chi’s that combine to make the LA2Chis, the Red/Whites are a PE MJ rocked so not an OG that ever released, and the Metallic Purples this time around have a leather tongue, differentiating them from the OGs. I agree with you on the NGs, and the Metallic Purples personally, but I can see why people would say no to the Purps. The others being samples, or whatever type of obscurities, and the Red/Whites being PEs, makes me personally not count them as OGs re-releasing. That Lakers pair, in true form, is the pair I really want to release one day though.
I feel you but I, like a lot other people on here go by that picture list with all the OG 1's. To me if a colorway existed when the OG run was produced, it's an OG whether it released or not. A sample these days just like back in 85' could be for F&F or MJ himself or other players PE's only made for them like Ray Allen, Melo, Mike Bibby but regular people still get there hands on them. They weren't released to the public but it's a real shoe made by Nike. I've owned 3 pairs of Bibby PE myself. Just because most people can't own a shoe doesn't discount them as a colorway, it's just a colorway that didn't release to the public.

Last edited:
My current 1's are only:

'94/95 (whatever you wanna call em) Chicagos
'14 Lance Mountain
'15 UNC
'15 Vachetta tan pinnacle
'20 Mocha

I regret selling my 2014 black and whites back in 2017, but mochas are a good consolation for those. I also wish I would've scooped '17 or even '13 royals when prices are lower but I'm not pressed, they'll be back eventually. I had '01 royals not too long ago as well. My top 5 OGs are chicago, royal, UNC, black/white, and metallic purple. So once the purples come out I'll have a pretty solid lineup of most of those (I still count lance mountains as one royal shoe :lol:)

Nah, that's also wrong.
This year:
Neutral Grey
Shadow 2.0
Metallic Purple
2020:
Red/White
Black/Gold
2019:
I feel you but I, like a lot other people on here go by that picture list with all the OG 1's. To me if a colorway existed when the OG run was produced, it's an OG whether it released or not. A sample these days just like back in 85' could be for F&F or MJ himself or other players PE's only made for them like Ray Allen, Melo, Mike Bibby but regular people still get there hands on them. They weren't released to the public but it's a real shoe made by Nike. I've owned 3 pairs of Bibby PE myself. Just because most people can't own a shoe doesn't discount them as a colorway, it's just a colorway that didn't release to the public.
I see your argument and gave it some consideration.

I won't say that an unreleased sample fully disqualifies something as an OG. It just didn't release be it left in sample room or a PE.

The LA2Chi don't get to count because they are remixes. Just like materials used for some of the other pairs you mentioned also should not fully count.

I see that the price for patent bred 1s is $300. is that the overall price? or just the service fee without the retail price included?

Overall price. Sign up for the newsletter and wait for him to send a discount code, but you have to be quick, they sell quick.

And also be prepared for an extended wait after release, everything is delayed

Overall price. Sign up for the newsletter and wait for him to send a discount code, but you have to be quick, they sell quick.

And also be prepared for an extended wait after release, everything is delayed
Thanks for answering that I forgot to get back to homie.

Definitely prep for extended wait. I'm still waiting on toro 5s but I got no where to go so eff it.

14E82257-4981-4350-9FD4-E79F3B382EBE.jpeg

These are ok, but if you have shadows, why?

I see it... clean *** colorway... hyper royals and university’s released back to back and both were light blue..
shadow 2.0s meet the need for those who don’t have shadows, or have worn them down, or just need a clean muted colorway

Here is what I don’t understand WHO is paying $300+ for Bloodlines? Like have people just lost their minds?
Werd this is why I take stockx sales with a massive pile of salt. Actually I disregard them entirely. I never hear or see people after the fact talkin bout dropping serious coin on these screenshots of sales that we see all the time. The whole website is a farce.

regular shadows only $500 and it took a long long time to get these and has been average around that. If I were to guess, I say the 2.0 will hover around $300. They seriously look like a mid colorway lol

I totally get and understand your thoughts/views. I don’t even necessarily disagree with your list. I was just saying that some would probably push back on your list based on what they classify/designate as an OG as opposed to a Sample or PE. To be more specific, that many view the “OG” 1s as the Blk/Reds, Black Toes, Chi’s, Royals, Shadows, UNCs, Kentuckys, Blk/Whites, NGs, and all the Metallics. I don’t think whether people can or can’t own a pair discounts the color way at all. A dope color way is a dope color way regardless. I’ll never think a color way is better or something just because someone wore it, or is better if they made a million pairs or a single pair, or better if it dropped in 1985 as opposed to 2015. No knock on those that do, just not my MO. I too use that list to determine if a color way is brand spanking new, or based on/inspired by an existing OG or Sample. I do personally view PEs and Samples in a different light then OGs though. Not better or worse, just different. Hell, if anything I sometimes hold them (Samples/PEs) in higher esteem, as they’re unobtainable generally speaking (unless one has the connections or funds or lucky timing and all to actually obtain), and if the color way has been something I’ve always thought was dope, but never thought I’d ever be able to obtain due to those aforementioned reasons, the notion of such a pair becoming more widely available and therefore finally obtainable is always dope IMO.

I had a few shadows and then day of release, friends and family started asking me for favors and I gave up my extras lol. Should've at least kept 2 for myself. My current shadows is heavily in my rotation and I've said this before but they are one of the more comfy 1's
Same here. To this day I regret not keeping a second pair for myself. Best quality of the last trinity set for sure.

regular shadows only $500 and it took a long long time to get these and has been average around that. If I were to guess, I say the 2.0 will hover around $300. They seriously look like a mid colorway lol

Only? I got my pair for retail and regret not snagging multiple when they were going for like $180 after release

Back
Top Bottom