Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
WDYM? I still don’t understand why that stops ppl from buying/appreciating other brands.

New Balance has cool running shoes, but I like the look of basketball sneakers more. Old school Adidas are cool, but frankly they aren't very comfortable and I definitely prefer the design of Jordan retros. But I still have a couple pairs of Adidas in my collection.

Reebok just never did anything for me.

Hence, I wear Jordans almost exclusively...with a few AF1s thrown in there.

Not to mention the fact that my resources are somewhat limited, so what disposable income I have is mostly going towards my favorite brand, even if I like what some other companies are doing.

Friday night… booster shot on deck.. Harlem nights
F0E4A1D2-397E-469F-B81B-574753833765.jpeg

New Balance has cool running shoes, but I like the look of basketball sneakers more. Old school Adidas are cool, but frankly they aren't very comfortable and I definitely prefer the design of Jordan retros. But I still have a couple pairs of Adidas in my collection.

Reebok just never did anything for me.

Hence, I wear Jordans almost exclusively...with a few AF1s thrown in there.

Not to mention the fact that my resources are somewhat limited, so what disposable income I have is mostly going towards my favorite brand, even if I like what some other companies are doing.

Sorry I don’t mean to sound classist, I grew up pretty poor and my 1st and only pair of Js for about a year and a half when I was in High School was a pair of used Columbia 11s I bought used off my neighbor for $60. I absolutely LOVED them so I should specify that I’m not talking about people who can’t afford to buy multiple pairs.

speaking of which, i was on a ma maniere's page & their next stores look crazy, a beachfront
Honestly, I think a lot of this is due to a general lack of independent thinking. Hell, it goes FAR beyond sneakers and the fashion industry as a whole.. Look at the current state of politics at the moment, nobody seems to be able to have an amicable conversation with people they disagree with lol

Corporations and, in turn, the media (mainstream media and social media, specifically) have made everyone believe that everything is black/white when, in reality, things couldn’t be further from that. Meanwhile, everyone at the top just keeps printing money for themselves all while climate change is slowly killing all of us.

j/k on that last sentence… At least I hope so lol

nah you spot on with the last sentence, funny he spoke on individuality also, & lack of creativity, it was a pretty good episode.

Anybody hit on the Footlocker app
(with the ship option).

it shows my credit card was charged for the bordeaux, but it doesn’t say I won in the app anywhere. 🤔

they put an authorization hold on your account until your selected. If you’re selected, the charge will go through. If not, the hold will be released.

Looks like I missed some good conversations about downsizing the collection.

charmcitykid charmcitykid good for you bro with realizing they are just sneakers and the money can be used elsewhere.

I have a collection probably around the same size as yours and I've done regular purges just to make sure I'm not A. Allowing **** to get so old that it can't be worn, B. Really making sure that I like what I do have.

I wont lie hype occasionally gets me and I realize years or months down the line I only kinda like something. When that happens I usually do a purge or sell off to at least get some if not most of money back.

Despite my somewhat large collection I've always thought it was cool to have a 50 pair collection or so. Anything more gets a little unmanageable and you start just having shoes to have em.

The pandemic really drove my numbers back up because I don't do very much (and the AF1 By you program has been 🔥) but I intend to get back to down to a reasonable collection soon.

I don't know how I feel about these Bordeaux joints. We'll have to see quality in hand. Good luck to everyone trying to cop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I missed some good conversations about downsizing the collection.

charmcitykid charmcitykid good for you bro with realizing they are just sneakers and the money can be used elsewhere.

I have a collection probably around the same size as yours and I've done regular purges just to make sure I'm not A. Allowing **** to get so old that it can't be worn, B. Really making sure that I like what I do have.

I wont lie hype occasionally gets me and I realize years or months down the line I only kinda like something. When that happens I usually do a purge or sell off to at least get some if not most of money back.

Despite my somewhat large collection I've always thought it was cool to have a 50 pair collection or so. Anything more gets a little unmanageable and you start just having shoes to have em.

The pandemic really drove my numbers back up because I don't do very much (and the AF1 By you program has been 🔥) but I intend to get back to down to a reasonable collection soon.
40-45 is my sweet spot. I’ve never had more than 60 pairs at one time. I currently have 39 pairs and honestly rotate about 4-5 pairs. 10 pairs I’ve yet to wear. I had to let go of some shoes I never thought I would sell (2001 blk/red 1s) just to keep my collection at the right amount.

Yesssssss!!! I got my pairs lol. I can now give my maroon Heiress joints a break. First my maroon Pattas and now these.

Back
Top Bottom