• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
C1D2B301-62BD-4ECB-A2FB-9B6681858C9D.jpeg

Happy Phat Tuesday from my gang Mardi Gras day nola big lit 🔥

The're dope, that's why.
Not even being funny but I'm not even sure the OP feels that way.

Sneakerheads are funny man. We really do buy **** just because we are used to buying ****.

Homie has already admitted he may not ever wear em so I had to ask what makes you spend the dough if you're already kinda on the fence about em.

With that said I'm no better. Last year I probably picked up somewhere between 30-40 pairs of sneakers.

At some point I had to ask myself what is this **** even for?

This morning I actually caught myself looking at the animal instinct 3 (2.0). A shoe I passed on plenty of times for less than retail. I always liked em but I really had to ask myself why I would even want or "need" those.

Last edited:
Sneakerheads are funny man. We really do buy **** just because we are used to buying ****.

Homie has already admitted he may not ever wear em so I had to ask what makes you spend the dough if you're already kinda on the fence about em.
big fax.

It’s like that especially with 1 highs. On the fence? Try to cop because if you do want them, they’ll cost more in the future. If you don’t want them, they’ll cost more in the future. So, buy now and think later.

It’s kind of the opposite if you want a current model sig hoop shoe to ball in, with some exceptions over the last several years. Want a new KD or Kyrie? Just wait for the discount and if it doesn’t happen, it definitely will for a different colorway. No need to pay retail. Literally the opposite of 1 highs.

Yea I never got into "completing the set." It's happened a couple times but wasn't my intention. I unofficially had all of the ugly ducklings dunks at once (one OG and two retros) and there was a brief moment where I had both black and white lance mountain 1s. But that was just me finding a good deal, impulse buying, and reselling for more. I feel like most of us here do the same and sell excess stuff we don't love, Marie Kondo style.

Yea I never got into "completing the set." It's happened a couple times but wasn't my intention. I unofficially had all of the ugly ducklings dunks at once (one OG and two retros) and there was a brief moment where I had both black and white lance mountain 1s. But that was just me finding a good deal, impulse buying, and reselling for more. I feel like most of us here do the same and sell excess stuff we don't love, Marie Kondo style.

I feel like this is a large part of the culture now and it's a big shift from where things were ten years ago.

Once stockX became the reference point for "current value" people really started just grabbing everything knowing that at worst they can offload down the line if the shoe is still DS.

I'm guilty of this myself but with those tax laws in place I'm really trying to cut out the unnecessary cops. Even if Im able to sell at a profit down the line I don't feel like putting in the effort to keep track of receipts, expenses etc.

Kinda hoping we see more of a shift back to the just getting what we want again instead of buying due to fomo.

Those days over bruh
We haven't seen the impact of those tax laws yet.

Biden ****ed the little guy for sure with that change.

It will be interesting to see how the.rest of this decade goes.

Obviously major resellers will keep doin what they do but the guy that's just copping extra kicks every weekend in hopes that he can just make an extra hundred or two might get discouraged next year when he has to pay taxes on that "profit".

IDC what anyone says 1 hype might be at an all time high but a lot of purist have moved away from the model. Outside of OGs alot of the last couple years have been filled with trash.

I feel like this is a large part of the culture now and it's a big shift from where things were ten years ago.

Once stockX became the reference point for "current value" people really started just grabbing everything knowing that at worst they can offload down the line if the shoe is still DS.

I'm guilty of this myself but with those tax laws in place I'm really trying to cut out the unnecessary cops. Even if Im able to sell at a profit down the line I don't feel like putting in the effort to keep track of receipts, expenses etc.

Kinda hoping we see more of a shift back to the just getting what we want again instead of buying due to fomo.
Speaking of receipts, does anyone know what to use as a receipt for an eBay sale?

I was looking at my sellers history the other day and I didn't see anything that could be printed out and filed with a tax return...something like an invoice with my name on it.

Speaking of receipts, does anyone know what to use as a receipt for an eBay sale?

I was looking at my sellers history the other day and I didn't see anything that could be printed out and filed with a tax return...something like an invoice with my name on it.
Pretty sure the receipt is only for your records in case you get audited.

We haven't seen the impact of those tax laws yet.

Biden ****ed the little guy for sure with that change.

It will be interesting to see how the.rest of this decade goes.

Obviously major resellers will keep doin what they do but the guy that's just copping extra kicks every weekend in hopes that he can just make an extra hundred or two might get discouraged next year when he has to pay taxes on that "profit".

IDC what anyone says 1 hype might be at an all time high but a lot of purist have moved away from the model. Outside of OGs alot of the last couple years have been filled with trash.
Taxes on profit would be what like 30%? I just know of the anything over $600 gets you a 1099 thing, but haven't read into the specifics of how much people get taxed. So people need to manually adjust profit from each individual sale when they file their taxes next year? Sounds stupid and a pain in the butt. I know with my RH 1099 for last year, there was something in Turbotax that made me review some sales I had, which ended up being a pain in the butt since there was quite a bit to review. I would imagine it would suck to have to do that for each sale, not to mention you would need to keep your receipts just in case.

Taxes on profit would be what like 30%? I just know of the anything over $600 gets you a 1099 thing, but haven't read into the specifics of how much people get taxed. So people need to manually adjust profit from each individual sale when they file their taxes next year? Sounds stupid and a pain in the butt. I know with my RH 1099 for last year, there was something in Turbotax that made me review some sales I had, which ended up being a pain in the butt since there was quite a bit to review. I would imagine it would suck to have to do that for each sale, not to mention you would need to keep your receipts just in case.
It's a logistical nightmare if we being honest but that's what the law is.

600 in sales is nothing especially when you consider the avg resell price of most sneakers.

Taxation is supposed to only be 30% of profit but you would need to have proof of what you paid. That's where it's going to get even messier.

Me personally I'm out. If it can't be sold locally or isn't going for a dumb amount when I'm strapped for cash then I'm good.

This is only for our 2022 return filed next year correct?

...ebay's not sending out 1099s for sales over $600 from last year?

Not even being funny but I'm not even sure the OP feels that way.

With that said I'm no better. Last year I probably picked up somewhere between 30-40 pairs of sneakers.

At some point I had to ask myself what is this **** even for?

This morning I actually caught myself looking at the animal instinct 3 (2.0). A shoe I passed on plenty of times for less than retail. I always liked em but I really had to ask myself why I would even want or "need" those.
big fax.

It’s like that especially with 1 highs. On the fence? Try to cop because if you do want them, they’ll cost more in the future. If you don’t want them, they’ll cost more in the future. So, buy now and think later.

You guys have a problem haha. For me it's buy because they will go on my feet, or pass. End of story. I find it strange that people have this constant rotating door of shoes that come and go, sometimes buying a shoe multiple times because the regret selling them. How do you even let them go in the 1st place?

Back
Top Bottom