Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yea, rebellionaires turned from bad to worse once the pics got clearer :lol:
xesGRMT (1).png

When exactly do you think they started coming factory laced, then? It definitely wasn't just the 1's that came unlaced out of the box. That's something that started semi-recently and quite frankly, I'd prefer my shoes still came unlaced because of the stress it puts on the shoe's shape if you don't wear them immediately.
Oh I know, the reason they came unlaced originally was because:

1.) it saved on production costs back when shoes and components were made in different countries (I.e. shoes were made in Taiwan and laces elsewhere). Nike has long since streamlined their supply chain obviously but back then there were a lot of weird issues like this.

2.) B&M stores were literally the only place to buy shoes aside from mail/phone order catalogs. People would try shoes on in store and they would have associates lace them up for you. This also added in labor and maybe subconsciously made people feel more compelled to buy the shoes they requested associates to lace up (this last point is obviously completely speculative on my part).

In 2015ish when they 1st started the entire “remastering”/price increase on retros, OG 1s started coming unlaced again. It was a way of making them like the OG but also saving them on added labor. I guess lows and Jumpman Mids are treated like AF 1s and made to be sold for immediate wear. Not sure why they haven’t sold unlaced 2s but maybe that’s coming up soon?

Yellow Toe release date is August 13, 2022

Clean for sure, but I’m passing. Already have my Iowa Dunk Highs, and black/maize Kobe 1 Protros, so don’t need any more black and yellow kicks. I don’t wear the pairs that I do have all that much. Also, other than my Pine Green 1.0s (Pine Green Toes) and my Gold Toes, I’m personally not into the colored toe color blocking.

Definitely Better In Person….. A Glossy Type Of Leather. I Had The Flash On So It’s Definitely Not 3M
A17A9022-990D-42CB-A2BF-FDC22F736CD4.jpeg
These are dope IMO. I love my Shadows, and these are a cool remix on those. The don’t supplant any of the classics, or my Nigels, Travs, Unions, or some other pairs that I have, but they’ll be a dope addition to the collection.

Back
Top Bottom