Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I just got a pair of heritage 1’s in from Tradeblock and the sole seems to bend a good bit when you bend it long ways to legit check it. Can anyone else see if there heritages sole seems weaker or thinner compared to other 1s? Thanx.
Mine (from Jimmy Jazz) feel no different than any other J1HOG.

How do your red laces look? Saw that on replicas the red could be a little off.

Having the Reimagine releasing make feel very lucky to have a pair of 15s. I only wore them twice, but I appreciate them even more. If these are available in a full size family run, I don't foresee OG Chicagos dropping in the next 5-7 years... Same as the Blk/Reds, they made them patented leather.

If I had to guess how this will play out with JB, they will do this Reimagined series with the OGs but stagger from patent leather to cracked/aged leather. So we've gotten patent leather blk/reds then aged Chicagos. Next we'll probably get patent leather Royals and then aged black toes...
Surely I'll definitely tried for at least a pair but I'm content with these...

20210508_144032.jpg

The 14 year old Hypebeasts on social media love the aged look. This isn't surprising.

It probably has more to do with the 2015 being ridiculously expensive, while the 2022 pair will be more “obtainable” or at least they have a shot at it for retail. Unless the poll stated all things being equal aka price, which one do ”you” like better.

It probably has more to do with the 2015 being ridiculously expensive, while the 2022 pair will be more “obtainable” or at least they have a shot at it for retail. Unless the poll stated all things being equal aka price, which one do ”you” like better.
Nah those polls are very common. They simply ask which do you like better.

Damn near everyone but the old washed aged group that needs everything as close to OG as possible likes the aged look. :lol:
I don't know what your parameters for "old & washed are" and the aged look is trash aside from a select few releases that made me work. If I want my shoes to look worn & beat up, I wear them & beat them up. If we want to get more technical, dating back to high school there was only one group of folks who liked rocking dingy, beat up looking kicks. Iykyk
bHs6JMZ.png

But I digress, I only speak for myself. For all of you brothers who want them, I truly hope all my NT brethren eat when they drop.

I don't know what your parameters for "old & washed are" and the aged look is trash aside from a select few releases that made me work. If I want my shoes to look worn & beat up, I wear them & beat them up. If we want to get more technical, dating back to high school there was only one group of folks who liked rocking dingy, beat up looking kicks. Iykyk
bHs6JMZ.png

But I digress, I only speak for myself. For all of you brothers who want them, I truly hope all my NT brethren eat when they drop.

Back in HS was like 15-20 years ago for a lot of us. Just goes to my point, we all washed old heads, including me. :lol: I can still get jiggy with some of these newer trends though.

Now, I like the aged look to an extent, something that goes too far is what that dude @chefhuyle on IG does. Thats too much sometimes. I like how they look but eh, too much.

92815962-E086-457C-8167-66DAE16FCE2E.jpeg

I first liked the idea of a bit of pre aging on the shoes when the AJ KO’s came out back then. That little aging on the midsole looked great to me, some people used alcohol to wipe it clean but I kept mines. They released a version without the aged midsole (before the most recent release) and I like the aged look a lot more. Subtle enough. I had these, regretfully sold them and found out my boy had a pair (before the rerelease) with the aged midsole and had to cop off him. Still one of my fav shoes ever.

0112AADA-C5B3-435A-B35E-CA14F4C4EE3C.jpeg

These Reimagined joints? It has a fair amount of aging, I like it. Isnt too much, tastefully done. I like it.

Last edited:
Honestly this is a perfect example of taking what JB/Nike shoves out to the masses.

I’m more than positive the vast majority would rather have a 2022 retro that looked like the 2015 at $180.

No ****.

But this is what we got, and for what it is, its dope. If you dont like it get the 2015 or wait for the next retro.

I didnt like those terrible patent Bred 1’s, whatever wait til they retro again.

Having the Reimagine releasing make feel very lucky to have a pair of 15s. I only wore them twice, but I appreciate them even more. If these are available in a full size family run, I don't foresee OG Chicagos dropping in the next 5-7 years... Same as the Blk/Reds, they made them patented leather.

If I had to guess how this will play out with JB, they will do this Reimagined series with the OGs but stagger from patent leather to cracked/aged leather. So we've gotten patent leather blk/reds then aged Chicagos. Next we'll probably get patent leather Royals and then aged black toes...

in 3 years it will be the 40th Anniversary for the Jordan 1. I'd be shocked if they don't release a regular Chi then.

20210508_144032.jpg
I'll be all over Patent Royals and Shadows.

Last edited:
I like the cracked leather 🤷‍♂️

I like em on the AMM1s so I have no problem seeing them on the new Chicago1s.

Most of ya'll hating on em are still gonna try to cop on release date :emoji_smirk:
AMM was too cracked for me.

Back
Top Bottom