Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
What's everyone's "most comfortable" pair of 1's? I only recently started buying 1's again but did have the '01 blk/red's and the trash patent 03's back in HS. The older retros definitely wore way different (I could feel every pebble in the 01's) than the current retros and my '14 all black's wear completely different than '22/23's. I also find that different time periods and different materials (suede vs leather, smooth leather vs tumbled, etc) plays a big role in how it wears as well.

From my limited collection, my most comfortable pair by far is the white/university blue's. I find tumbled leather to be more flexible than the stiff smooth leather and suede also contributes to the soft flexibleness of the shoe. Then it's the taxi's from '22, they just mold to my feet and are super comfy. Least comfortable is the true blue 1's from January. One of my favorite color ways released but the first few wears were super tight and constricting. They are breaking in nicely and doesn't feel constricting anymore but still not as comfy as my other pairs. I feel like the newer 1's definitely wear better than the older retros of the past, which is a good thing since I'm planning on buying a few more pairs coming out this year.
I felt like I was getting that feeling of sensing pebbles from 2011 Banneds when I had them the second time around. It must have been the quality of insoles. Owned 01s ages ago and can agree how they feel. Every other 1 I had has genuinely felt the same to me: while tumbled leather would provide that flexibility, the cushioning of the insoles was nothing to write home about. Exceptions for me are Metallic Navy & Neutral Grey 85. I wore Metallics everywhere and Neutral Greys have that old style build. Not even my Airships feel as comfy as the 85 even with the react.

Imagine having to deal with the most annoying, clueless student you’ve ever had in your whole career, and not even get paid for it. But this is worse because you’re supposedly an adult.

See you gotta utilize the ignore feature my man :lol: that oblivious dopey oblivious act got old for me a while ago

1. Asks questions that have been asked/answered several times

2. Informs us of prices we’ve already seen and his offers on ebay

3. Purchases pair, shows pics asking if they’re legit

4. Asks again when they come in

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Then it’s “Aw man haha that’s Davey haha” by all the suckas

#pass

Yeah man gotta admit it’s getting really old. Dunno if it’s just the dry humor or just the long, drought out anticlimactic posts…. The dude has a mentality of a 13 year old hitting puberty and found his big brother’s sneakers collection, but still manages to fool us that he’s a full grown adult. Still askin’ one of y’all to prove me wrong.
I agree with y’all. It’s time. The funny gifs (10% of the time) isn’t worth the squeeze.

1679743819179.gif

What's everyone's "most comfortable" pair of 1's? I only recently started buying 1's again but did have the '01 blk/red's and the trash patent 03's back in HS. The older retros definitely wore way different (I could feel every pebble in the 01's) than the current retros and my '14 all black's wear completely different than '22/23's. I also find that different time periods and different materials (suede vs leather, smooth leather vs tumbled, etc) plays a big role in how it wears as well.

From my limited collection, my most comfortable pair by far is the white/university blue's. I find tumbled leather to be more flexible than the stiff smooth leather and suede also contributes to the soft flexibleness of the shoe. Then it's the taxi's from '22, they just mold to my feet and are super comfy. Least comfortable is the true blue 1's from January. One of my favorite color ways released but the first few wears were super tight and constricting. They are breaking in nicely and doesn't feel constricting anymore but still not as comfy as my other pairs. I feel like the newer 1's definitely wear better than the older retros of the past, which is a good thing since I'm planning on buying a few more pairs coming out this year.

Shadows

Davey Magoo Davey Magoo I genuinely apologize for being a bit harsh. You’re probably a decent dude so I don’t want to be mean to you. You do really irritate me, and I think your shtick is likely an act, but I’ll just go back to scrolling past your posts instead. Have a good night.
I don’t know if you‘re being serious or not, but no harm no foul.

Sometimes I don’t realize how obnoxious my non stop questions about size and authenticity can be.

Last edited:
There are features to keep people from “being annoyed” by one another, and it ain’t even that serious. I ignore a good chunk of people who I don’t even have on ignore :lol:

My connect had 3 pairs of SBB for me and I passed because I started a new job. I had the funds but wanted to make sure it panned out. Biggest shoe Regret next to selling one of my ds pairs of 2011 banned 1s. I bought a used one back but I would have like to unds it myself. Everytime I see a SBB it hurts a bit inside. :smh: :lol:

I try to pretend I didn’t sell a bunch of Kobe’s for next to nothing

I was heavy into Kobe Vs with 30+ pair including a bunch of samples and sold them for hardly anything. Biggest L for me was multiple Freddy dunks at $3k a pop

Then again that was the going rate back then so what can ya do

Davey Magoo Davey Magoo A little bit of an NT life hack:
we all love these sneakers. So if you post one or two nice pics of your new purchase, we would enjoy sharing in your new purchase. And on the off chance they look weird, someone will undoubtedly mention it, without you having to prematurely flood the thread with legit checks. Win-win

Edit: at that point, you can make a legit check thread, and share the link here.

Davey Magoo Davey Magoo A little bit of an NT life hack:
we all love these sneakers. So if you post one or two nice pics of your new purchase, we would enjoy sharing in your new purchase. And on the off chance they look weird, someone will undoubtedly mention it, without you having to prematurely flood the thread with legit checks. Win-win

Edit: at that point, you can make a legit check thread, and share the link here.
D93BD02A-71BB-43DA-8F39-8ADBCDB36611.gif

Back
Top Bottom