Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
This the same pepperoni shoes that y’all are buying / trying to buy? Just wondering

IMG_9730.jpeg

Yes, to a certain extent. To my initial post, I claimed that era as the gold age because it’s far more than just the brand trying to recreate the original AESTHETIC spec. I’m referring golden to a spectrum of qualities from pricing, execution, availability, etc…. Let’s just talk about pricing for example, 01’ XIs were $125! We literally paid that much for a retro of supreme quality. IIIs and IVs were about $100 a pop? And can easily be picked up if you were contemplating on copping. That’s what I mean by golden, it was the overall experience and level of quality provided at the time.

01 XIs vs ‘16 and up XIs, both retros have their strong suit. But from my experience, the wear experience of 01s blow the ‘16 retro out the water.
I had the white cement 3s from then and have never seen the same quality since. And they cost £95.

I had the white cement 3s from then and have never seen the same quality since. And they cost £95.
Definitely. There was no break in for any of those retros at the time, it was conforming off the bat. The leather, cushioning, and backings of the shoe weren’t so stiff like today’s retro. Only downside was the midsole they used at the time, its composition wasn’t built for the long run.

Only shoe I remember that required some break in were the XVI, because of the leather shrouds. Things felt like wearing a turtle shell lol

The black will probably fade before the blue without conditioning.

Now that I look at it more, this treatment would’ve been dope as an SB like the j-pack

Back
Top Bottom