Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
To be crystal clear, I want shoes to be easily accessible, not limited-I simply want better cws.

Look at 2018 ROTYs and Shadows-all were super accessible at retail as there was no resale right after launch. Excellent cws. Olives and Blue Moons from BHITG pack from 2018 was the same story as well. I would love if we got more GR releases like this that were OG cws or had thought put into them like the ROTYs or BHITG did. I don’t think that is an irrational expectation, given they were doing that for some time back then.
So this glory period was BHITG, ROTY and an OG colorway?

BHITG isn’t one I bought and still wouldn’t so you lose me there. The volume of releases was just smaller for AJ1. ROTY is a great shoe, but there were plenty of bad colorways before and after. It’s kind of the nature of a shoe like this if you don’t just retro the same OG colorways incessantly. I’ll take Palominos over most non-OG colorways from 16-19 so again… more misses today but basically no difference in the hits.

But how does this relate to a royal colorway at all? You’re all over the place here

So this glory period was BHITG, ROTY and an OG colorway?

BHITG isn’t one I bought and still wouldn’t so you lose me there. The volume of releases was just smaller for AJ1. ROTY is a great shoe, but there were plenty of bad colorways before and after. It’s kind of the nature of a shoe like this if you don’t just retro the same OG colorways incessantly. I’ll take Palominos over most non-OG colorways from 16-19 so again… more misses today but basically no difference in the hits.

But how does this relate to a royal colorway at all? You’re all over the place here
Those were examples, obviously those weren’t the only good releases. Not sure where I said that those were the only examples but I digress. You are right about them increasing releases and I’ve said previously that I think that has led to a decline in design quality overall. The % of trash releases, IMO has increased.

I get that you seemingly enjoy the current era that we are in and you are entitled your opinion and I completely disagree if that is the case but, again, not trying to argue as I think the releases this year are almost all absolute trash however I’m not trying to change your opinion if you enjoy these releases. We can simply agree to disagree, if you can do that.

At the end of the day, enjoy what you like and dislike what you don’t-Nike/JB don’t care about any of our opinions on NT anyways lol

Last edited:
How is the Royal colorway suddenly not good... because they changed the materials? That doesn't make sense... I might understand if the suede was crappy, but it's not.
Because materials choices matter? Would you say the same thing if Nike/JB released Wool/Nylon/Canvas Royal 1s?

In 2018 we had:

Pine Greens
Court Purples
ROTYs
BHITG Olives/Clay Greens
BHITG Blue Moons
BHIIG Reds
BHITG Yellows
Gold Toes
Shadows
Bred Toes
Spiderman Origin Story

In 2023 we had:
Palominos & A LOT of trash AJ 1 releases

That said, I don’t think any of the aforementioned 2018 releases could be had for $135 like the suede royals are rn so there is that lol

How is the Royal colorway suddenly not good... because they changed the materials? That doesn't make sense... I might understand if the suede was crappy, but it's not.

No one and I mean no one asked for those materials. The blue is off. The market is soft. The OG rereleased would have sold.

They have released way to many shoes and way to many really bad colorways.

No one and I mean no one asked for those materials. The blue is off. The market is soft. The OG rereleased would have sold.

They have released way to many shoes and way to many really bad colorways.
Couldn’t agree more with this comment, you hit the nail on the head.

In 2018 we had:

Pine Greens
Court Purples
ROTYs
BHITG Olives/Clay Greens
BHITG Blue Moons
BHIIG Reds
BHITG Yellows
Gold Toes
Shadows
Bred Toes
Spiderman Origin Story

In 2023 we had:
Palominos & A LOT of trash AJ 1 releases

That said, I don’t think any of the aforementioned 2018 releases could be had for $135 like the suede royals are rn so there is that lol

I know a lot of 1s are "bricking", but I really like the True Blues, Faded Black, Mauve, and Cement print pairs, as well as the Union BBS collaboration and the Reimagined Royals, all more than almost everything you listed for 2018. Everyone has their own taste though, and those 2018 pairs certainly sold "better", so maybe I'm in the minority.

My plugs went from $220 to $200 to $180 in a week. Now they $135 on sale. No one asked for these.

They could have just given us a Royal “lost and found”, Cracked details, same leather, we would have went nuts lol
I’m honestly dumbfounded why they didn’t just do that. Some people might be in denial about but I doubt anyone would put the Royal reimagined suedes over a pair of Royals with the L&F “aged” treatment

I know a lot of 1s are "bricking", but I really like the True Blues, Faded Black, Mauve, and Cement print pairs, as well as the Union BBS collaboration and the Reimagined Royals, all more than almost everything you listed for 2018. Everyone has their own taste though, and those 2018 pairs certainly sold "better", so maybe I'm in the minority.
I left Unions out on purpose since those were a collab but in 2018, we had both of the OG AJ 1 Union collabs drop. You would prefer the 2023 Union BBS over those?

We went from this

IMG_8579.jpeg

To this.. and they wonder why things sitting

IMG_8580.jpeg

I like MY OG colorways to be close to original as possible, including no material changes.
Actually, ESPECIALLY no material changes. It's one of the things that pisses me off the most.
Doesn't ruin the shoe every time, but it does more often than not.

Suede Royals aren't bad, and neither are satin breds. But them leather BC 4s get me irate, and so do the sample suede Bred 11s and the suede Black Cement 3s.

These days though, it appears like YOU'RE the weird on one here if you want a shoe to be as OG as possible :lol:
Like I said, this site has changed a lot.

I like MY OG colorways to be close to original as possible, including no material changes.
Actually, ESPECIALLY no material changes. It's one of the things that pisses me off the most.
Doesn't ruin the shoe every time, but it does more often than not.

Suede Royals aren't bad, and neither are satin breds. But them leather BC 4s get me irate, and so do the sample suede Bred 11s and the suede Black Cement 3s.

These days though, it appears like YOU'RE the weird on one here if you want a shoe to be as OG as possible :lol:
Like I said, this site has changed a lot.
Yeah I think a lot of people don’t want to be critical of the brand’s recent designs and get upset when others are even though this site is literally driven by opinion-based discussions lol

It’s all good though, I’m glad people can easily attain the shoes they like and it’s saving people money who think a lot/all of these releases are trash. That is a true win/win in my book.

Back
Top Bottom