Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20170814_163654.jpg
finally got black toes, probably need to take the insoles out

So I get home off of a road trip, excited to open up my AJ1 All-stars that I got during last week's SNKRS restock and this is what I open up and see....

Shoes laced up, no white laces, and no cardboard shoe inserts. WTH Nike?!

Spoke with Nike and they're pushing the issue to the elite services team to see what to do next. I pushed for a partial refund but since this was a "launch" item (even as restock), I couldn't get a refund but did get a 15% off code.

I'm pissed cuz I love the look of these shoes now that I've seen them in person.

NT'ers, keep or return?

Attachments

• IMG_4875.JPG
    IMG_4875.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4876.JPG
    IMG_4876.JPG
    946.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4877.JPG
    IMG_4877.JPG
    897.7 KB · Views: 31
Not really. It's a matter of sky high expections for this newer generation. Shoes are meant to be worn. So what if it was laced up or tried on.

And the website clearly states that the shoes can be tried on.

As a consumer, I definitely want the ability to try on shoes. If you try different models the. You know the cut is completely different on some.

So I should be able to go in and try on and crease a pair of air mags? Or Eminem 4s? It's not unreasonable to ask that a expensive shoe come in Unworn condition when that's what they are claiming. It's definitively contradictory to say they can be tried on but Unworn. If you were to purchase a collectible action figure that said it was new and unopened but somone had opened it just to look at the store that means it was opened. Same principle applies here! You may not understand my frustration but that doesn't make it unreasonable.

slwilke13 slwilke13 They should end up listing the shoes as tried on then instead of DS especially with something like Satins and how noticeable the crease is.

Exactly my point. The BBB has already accepted my claim and sent it to them for a response so we'll see what happens but false advertising is false advertising!

So I should be able to go in and try on and crease a pair of air mags? Or Eminem 4s? It's not unreasonable to ask that a expensive shoe come in Unworn condition when that's what they are claiming. It's definitively contradictory to say they can be tried on but Unworn. If you were to purchase a collectible action figure that said it was new and unopened but somone had opened it just to look at the store that means it was opened. Same principle applies here! You may not understand my frustration but that doesn't make it unreasonable.

The same principle does not apply but obviously I'm into shoes for a different reason than you are.
If someone tries on a shoe, I have ZERO issue with it.

If you REALLY are going to spend that kind of money then you are better off buying from somewhere that will have pics of the shoes you are actually buying vs a stock photo where you have clue of what possible issues the shoe could have that may or may not cause you distress which includes creases or extra glue stains.

And I've had shoes come from Nike slightly creased from a release date purchase so you never know if they were tried on or not.

That crease you have is so minor especially for the type of material you have on that shoe.

You can be mad if you want to. I just hate the nit picky stuff I read these days.

The same principle does not apply but obviously I'm into shoes for a different reason than you are.
If someone tries on a shoe, I have ZERO issue with it.

If you REALLY are going to spend that kind of money then you are better off buying from somewhere that will have pics of the shoes you are actually buying vs a stock photo where you have clue of what possible issues the shoe could have that may or may not cause you distress which includes creases or extra glue stains.

And I've had shoes come from Nike slightly creased from a release date purchase so you never know if they were tried on or not.

That crease you have is so minor especially for the type of material you have on that shoe.

You can be mad if you want to. I just hate the nit picky stuff I read these days.

I definitely learned my lesson and will never purchase from there again which sucks for them since I will be purchasing several very expensive pairs here shortly. I purchased from there because they say they inspect them to make sure there aren't any error or issues with the shoes prior to shipping them.

I do know they were tried on as they are laced up as can be seen in that picture coupled with the creases. If it was just the creases I might move past it.

You can hate the nit picky stuff if you want. I just hate not getting what I paid for.

I definitely learned my lesson and will never purchase from there again which sucks for them since I will be purchasing several very expensive pairs here shortly. I purchased from there because they say they inspect them to make sure there aren't any error or issues with the shoes prior to shipping them.

I do know they were tried on as they are laced up as can be seen in that picture coupled with the creases. If it was just the creases I might move past it.

You can hate the nit picky stuff if you want. I just hate not getting what I paid for.

Unless you don't plan on wearing them, just enjoy them my man. I buy shoes to wear eventually so that's why stuff like that doesn't bother me.
If you plan on putting them on a pedalstal then you should consider stuffing the shoe so that the crease comes out.

Metallic Reds arrived today from NDC.

Laced with the white laces and put in my heel/arch insert. Feels like I'm walking on bare ground in forefoot though.

Do y'all add in an extra insole or zoom or anything for comfort?

Unless you don't plan on wearing them, just enjoy them my man. I buy shoes to wear eventually so that's why stuff like that doesn't bother me.
If you plan on putting them on a pedalstal then you should consider stuffing the shoe so that the crease comes out.

I don't plan on wearing them and may want to sell them down the road (hence collectible) and I won't be able to sell them as new in the condition they are in if that is what I choose to do. If I was gonna wear them I would say **** it but I'm not.

Metallic Reds arrived today from NDC.

Laced with the white laces and put in my heel/arch insert. Feels like I'm walking on bare ground in forefoot though.

Do y'all add in an extra insole or zoom or anything for comfort?
Put some insoles. Ones are only comftorable to flat footers.

Back
Top Bottom