Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Why would Jumpman-branded 3s be harder than NA BC3s?
HYPE!!! These only released once before, were mad limited, and as a fundraiser after Hurricane Katrina.

Side Note: It's funny people are complaining that these don't have Nike Air branding (not you) when the OG of this mode only had Jumpman branding. #knowyourhistory

For all those who struck out like I did and don’t want to pay resell; FWIW apparently the white leather parts are flat, non-tumbled leather. Seth Fowler who is pretty consistent with opinions on quality, said that the suede was nice but wasn’t impressed and was disappointed by the white leather used. #rationalizingmyL

Edit:just took the plunge on GOAT for greens with credit I had saved for the JTHs(tinkers@retail quenched the thirst I had for JTH). I feel dirty. This must be how “the walk of shame” feels after being violated.

Last edited:
you're preaching to the choir, sarge....i find it strange they went jumpman with that release, especially if they do limited numbers.

This shoe never had NA branding so it's releasing as a true retro. Putting NA branding on it would be the same as saying the WC and BC...or all future 3s should have the swoosh on the side since that was Tinker's original design.

Called footaction and they are sold out. The SNKRS app has become impossible to hit on. I had real fast internet and everything and I just can’t seem to hit anything. Got the Blue Moons on FTL reserve but want Clay Greens

HYPE!!! These only released once before, were mad limited, and as a fundraiser after Hurricane Katrina.

Side Note: It's funny people are complaining that these don't have Nike Air branding (not you) when the OG of this mode only had Jumpman branding. #knowyourhistory

Yeah but while the OG has Jumpman branding (especially since these are actually similar to the Derek Anderson PE), back then there was ONLY Jumpman branding. This is obviously not the case nowadays and we all know better.

Nike messing up

lowering production numbers

losing employees due to bad culture at their workplace

they gotta fix

Last edited by a moderator:
This shoe never had NA branding so it's releasing as a true retro.

My point wasn’t that it wasn’t true to the original Katrina auction release. It’s that ALL non-NA 3s with that hideous Jumpman Air on the back are lesser models than the NA 3s we’ve been getting.

Think about the New Love 1s, wouldn’t they have been much better if they retroed last year as OG 1s instead of the horrible mids they released as? Sometimes changing things can be a good thing.

Yes but my point is that we’ve been getting NA 3s for awhile (including the Tinkers and FTLs) and these are a step back in that regard. That seems to kill the hype as they’re going back to the old model with these Katrinas.

To me personally Nike Air or Jumpman in the back doesn't matter to me those Katrina 3s are :pimp:

My point wasn’t that it wasn’t true to the original Katrina auction release. It’s that ALL non-NA 3s with that hideous Jumpman Air on the back are lesser models than the NA 3s we’ve been getting.

Think about the New Love 1s, wouldn’t they have been much better if they retroed last year as OG 1s instead of the horrible mids they released as? Sometimes changing things can be a good thing.
bro gimme cool grey 4s with plastic wings, plastic NA heeltab, and rotated mesh

In/out under 3min. Used a 25off bday coupon, came to $145 after tax
20180501_105534.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Sorry for the 3 talk in the 1 thread.

I agree except that this release was for a specific cause and wasn't part of the OG set. Changing any part of the design could take away from the nostalgia. A true collector would hate seeing a shoe like that not being "true to form" per say. Think Space Jam 11s (high cut PL & 45), BANNED 1s (2016 with sizing info and updated mold), Aqua 8s (lighter grey, glitter, and orange coloring). Those were all made to be closer to their original form.

100% agree that NA on the back looks and wears WAAAAY better...but for the Katrina 3 I prefer to have a true retro.

Back
Top Bottom