• Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yeah you know something fishy is going on when the wings shot up lol
Like come on noone was buying wings let alone paying close to $400
This 1's hype is not good for any decent future releases
It's gonna make it harder than a mofo to cop

Last edited:
Is there any truth in this man rant... Are the Asains really ballin like this? And if so, are their the reason resellers are reselling all the AJ1s small sizes? Not to mention hype releases????

So do they control the market to why these prices are creeping up up and away...

Just wondering...

I don't know what to believe
But some sales of 1's got me scratching my head
A pair of size 10 h2h(numbered) sold for $1,150 today on stockx
Past few months they were pretty much going for around $500-600
Also with all these prices shooting up more folks are probably gonna buy resale to resale which will make the price go up even more

Last edited:
So if this will be of any semblance to the "85" OG releases I may just have to pass. They seem kind of off being as close the the OG shape as possible but no arched midsole. It's a little detail that does so much for me aesthetically. It just looks awkward without it. Not that anyone will care about it though.

1985s definitely have a nice arch.

top 3 1985.jpg

The arch thing only works in the 80s when obesity was not a big contributor of death in America. The midsoles were a lot more narrow and helped give that arched look. It's wider now to accommodate a wider range of feet. Similar to off the rack boxy suits vs. tailored.

Another thing they can do I guess is to raise the heel to give it the arched look?

The arch thing only works in the 80s when obesity was not a big contributor of death in America.

Bro...wtf!? :rofl: chill with the anti-fat (big person) rhetoric. MF's is super fat out here squeezing their feet into vapormaxes and narrower shoes. Not adding an arch to the 1s to make it OG is not because people are fatter. I think it's a design cue that left to wayside since the 1st retro in 94. I'm a widefoot thick-built man and I had no problem getting into my 85's when I had em. Didnt feel any discomfort at all just a major ground feel because the internal air unit deteriorates over time.

I know, sorry that was a bit cold but if you have a pair of 85s sole, compare with a 2019 version, it's about a half size difference at a minimum. There's literally articles that got published about this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-.../why-our-feet-are-getting-bigger-9481529.html

Again, not fat shaming but just falling back on what the data is saying. I thought fat Thor was still pretty awesome but I agree with his mom that he should eat a salad.

Is there any truth in this man rant... Are the Asains really ballin like this? And if so, are their the reason resellers are reselling all the AJ1s small sizes? Not to mention hype releases????

So do they control the market to why these prices are creeping up up and away...

Just wondering...

The Asian market has been open to GOAT and StockX for years now. All Goat did by opening up in China is make it slightly cheaper and quicker to get product AND open itself up to a larger supply of goods coming out of that region. I think the word has gotten out that reselling sneakers is a good investment, and every young person (and old) is buying shoes to flip super quick or sit and release at a huge profit latter. I have at least a dozen HS students in my school in Singapore reselling shoes, BAPE, Supreme, ASSC, etc. They have no clue about the culture, or shoes in general; just hype. And their parents front the money, seeing it as a lesson in rent seeking, er, entrepreneurship.

The Asian market has been open to GOAT and StockX for years now. All Goat did by opening up in China is make it slightly cheaper and quicker to get product AND open itself up to a larger supply of goods coming out of that region. I think the word has gotten out that reselling sneakers is a good investment, and every young person (and old) is buying shoes to flip super quick or sit and release at a huge profit latter. I have at least a dozen HS students in my school in Singapore reselling shoes, BAPE, Supreme, ASSC, etc. They have no clue about the culture, or shoes in general; just hype. And their parents front the money, seeing it as a lesson in rent seeking, er, entrepreneurship.
u hit them w the famb price or fail semester; choice is yours.

Back
Top Bottom