Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
you're like the 4th person ive seen say that - ive been collecting jordans for 30+ years and i dont see how this can bother anyone on a non-og cw - care to elaborate?

Nothing to really elaborate on, I just don’t like the leather tongue tag. I’ve yet to own any AJ1s with the leather tag since they’ve been doing it and doesn’t look like that’s changing. Sure it’s not an OG cw but it does have OG colorblocking and therefore should’ve most definitely come with a standard AJ1 nylon/cotton NA tag IMO. They should’ve left it at ROTYs and stopped. JB kept it going so I’m going keep my money going on wallet. Don’t worry. They’ll find a way to get my money one way or another tho lol.

While I was pending on SNKRS, I somehow got through and grabbed a pair on FinishLine. Then I saw the Got ‘Em on SNKRS. So I guess I doubled up.

So I was able to checkout with PayPal on FTL without signing in on FTL. I’ve had “ghost orders” before so 15 mins later I was able to sign in on FTL and checkout again. I hope at least 1 order gets processed or could they cancel both?

A LOT of members on here have just come around on ROTYs in the recent past because of the HATRED of the tongue tag, collar flaps, gimick-“coincidentally“ people started having regrets when prices started increasing on the resell market. Same goes for game royal 1.0-Lots of hate until prices went up-now you don’t hear a peep from those folks.

I suspect the same with these. Bet.

A LOT of members on here have just come around on ROTYs in the recent past because of the HATRED of the tongue tag, collar flaps, gimick-“coincidentally“ people started having regrets when prices started increasing on the resell market. Same goes for game royal 1.0-Lots of hate until prices went up-now you don’t hear a peep from those folks.

Agreed I always thought they were such a clean sneaker it seems like now adays a shoe is only appreciated by it resell value it’s crazy how both pairs are going for 400+ now in some sizes and the court purple 1.0 are almost at that price point so for sure these will go up down the line

LOLz, a leather 1/2 inch patch that shows on the top of the tongue really bothered you THAT much?

Yep. Bad enough it’s not an OG cw. At least give me OG aesthetics. At this point JB needs to give me massed produced OG cws in the new 85 mold or give me nothing. They can kinda keep all these watered down spin offs. Maybe I would’ve been compelled to copp something like these 2 years ago but enough is enough for me already. Last good 1 release that I can remember getting even remotely excited for we’re the obsidians. Been pretty much down hill from there IMO.

I'd never bet against classic Chicago colorblocking :nthat:

Some people will always find the hype . It’s all about sneaker value to them .

And on top of all that I passed because they’re just “alright” to me. An all purple shoe for the rare rare days that I’d want to wear an all purple shoe. Nothing particularly special about these at all. That’s just my opinion tho. That said they’re still a decent shoe and I’d wear them. I just don’t feel a NEED to own them like I do many other shoes. Have fun with these though guys. They’re cool.

I'd never bet against classic Chicago colorblocking :nthat:

Honestly if it’s Chi colorblocking I’m craving on any given day then I’ll just wear my Chicagos. Chi colorblocking doesn’t fix everything. Plenty of lack luster shoes with Chi colorblocking lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom