Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
damn, i overslept. need a women's 12 if anyone has. I'm sure i have something to trade that you'd want...
👁👁

LPU. The execution could be way better. Definitely for girls!

6 out of 10

Attachments

• 9464C175-E59D-49D7-B0CC-D7D2BC7AE10F.jpeg
    9464C175-E59D-49D7-B0CC-D7D2BC7AE10F.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 154
It really all boils down to the buyers. If only we could get organized enough to not pay crazy resell prices. These botters would be sitting on stock they can't move and would have to lower prices. It would be even better if we were organized enough to not make the effort of bulk reselling even worth it. Sigh, I can only dream, but ironically this is in our power.

Everyone has their own opinions, but you seem to be going hard for all things Nike. I guess thats par for the course, since this is a Nike thread and a lot of people are all-Nike / anti-not-Nike.

Those AM 2090's look like the Nikes your mom used to buy you at Kohls, when you really wanted the "real" ones from an actual footsite. That's just my opinion though. Doubt the comfort is there, the plastic uppers look like trash to me (do they crinkle after you wear them, like React Element 87s?) and if they're anything like the React Elements - they get dust/dirt inside that you can't get out.

Dude said Nike doesn’t make anything even close in comfort to boost, so I responded with a Nike model that is as comfortable if not more.

As a bonus, they don’t look anywhere as ugly as boosts. I just hate how boosts look, it’s offensive how ugly they are imo.

Last edited:
It really all boils down to the buyers. If only we could get organized enough to not pay crazy resell prices. These botters would be sitting on stock they can't move and would have to lower prices. It would be even better if we were organized enough to not make the effort of bulk reselling even worth it. Sigh, I can only dream, but ironically this is in our power.

The issue is that the sneaker market has done nothing but grown. I think it’s because as we get older, we still retain our interest in sneakers meanwhile more and more younger kids get into the game. As a result, you now have an inherently growing market, so much so that kids are buying Js despite being literally born after MJ retired from basketball completely after his stint with the Wizards in 2003. The market just keeps growing and growing and I honestly don’t think it’s going to stop, the sneaker game is honestly starting to turn into a quasi-religion lol

LMAO buddy bought all that hand sanitizer in Tennessee at the beginning of the pandemic and was SUPER vilanized for a decent reason but someone with 20 pairs of the same shoe gets a pass while doing the same thing that bud was doing. Smh.

I think the difference is that people with access to that hand sanitizer COULD potentially save lives.. Nobody is saving lives by copping a pair of Smoke Greys for retail lol

Sneaker culture in 2020 is so cringe

I don't even want people to know I'm in to kicks these days. I don't want clowns like this discussing sneakers with me.

man I get that vibe 2 if I’m wearing off white 1’s or some kaws. Kids like omg bro those are worth so much why would u wear that. You just payed resell.

1. Nah
2. I buy shoes to wear
3. If I’m to afraid to wear I will never buy it.

But when GR retro prices were raised to $190+ in 2015, releases started to sit again so it did work for making buying retros for retail more accessible. JB also increased stock in the following years and you started to see retros going on discount. This cycle needs to be repeated again to keep up with growing hype, tbh.
Eh, I think certain JB models were just starting to fall out of favor at that point. I was working at one of the big 3 shoe retailers then and JB just wasn't as hot anymore. 350's cost more than almost any Jordan and those still are bait for retailers.

Dude said Nike doesn’t make anything even close in comfort to boost, so I responded with a Nike model that is as comfortable if not more.

As a bonus, they don’t look anywhere as ugly as boosts. I just hate how boosts look, it’s offensive how ugly they are imo.

Well, you did say they were 95% as comfortable as Boost in your previous post... not more comfortable. Even with that said, its all personal opinion in both comfort and looks. I don't think those AM 2090's look good at all, and I highly highly doubt they are as comfortable as pair of ultraboosts. I think it'd be hard to argue that the stretchy knit of UB's is less comfortable than the clear plastic "upper" used on the 2090's, but everyone has their own views. Nike has had issues in the past with air, such as the 720's popping and the Vapormax bubbles giving people weird underfoot feelings.

Another drop and another L for me lol :smh:

might have to pay resell for my size 11 smh

Eh, I think certain JB models were just starting to fall out of favor at that point. I was working at one of the big 3 shoe retailers then and JB just wasn't as hot anymore. 350's cost more than almost any Jordan and those still are bait for retailers.

Huh? In mid-late 2013, $160 Toro Bravo and Green Glow 4s sold out Instantly. In early 2015, $190 Legend Blue/Columbia and Oreo 4s either were easy cops or sat at most spots (the latter case primarily for the LB/Columbias).Resellers weren’t making a quick buck off of GRs since you could make at least $20/pair when they were priced at $160. JB uses the guise of the releases being “remastered” to sell the higher pricepoint but, in reality, there was definitely some truth to them doing this to not leave money on the table for resellers.

Huh? In mid-late 2013, $160 Toro Bravo and Green Glow 4s sold out Instantly. In early 2015, $190 Legend Blue/Columbia and Oreo 4s either were easy cops or sat at most spots (the latter case primarily for the LB/Columbias).Resellers weren’t making a quick buck off of GRs since you could make at least $20/pair when they were priced at $160. JB uses the guise of the releases being “remastered” to sell the higher pricepoint but, in reality, there was definitely some truth to them doing this to not leave money on the table for resellers.
We are certainly talking about different locations but Oreo's flew here and Columbia's went quick as well. Also, keep in mind that 2015 introduced a better option for resellers. The money was better for more sought after releases like Yeezy's. Can't speak to what happened in your neck of the woods but I know that resellers weren't dissuaded by more stock/ higher prices where I'm from. If it had buzz or hype then they were flipping it. Some resellers just call profit what it is...even if it is only $20.

Back
Top Bottom