Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
2016-17 also saw releases like storm blues, metallics, yin yangs, lettermans go on suuuuper disco....even black toes were only reselling for like $200-225 after release. 1s just weren't poppin off at the time like they are now. outlet finds, disco, low resell just isn't in the cards nowadays.

i'm not talking about you and me, of course we're gonna come out....i'm talking about the hypebeast/reseller legion.
2015... chi and sbb. that's when it really took off.

I mean even into last year there were pairs going well below retail. Gym Reds last year sold well but had no resale for a while. Even Game Royals went into the $140s. That won't happen with anything right now.

I'm curious...

if yall could get either (to keep), which would u choose?

frags or ow chi?
why?
👁👁

me personally... i have frags, but no ow chi. if i had a chance to swap out, i think I'm keeping my frags. i think frags are more wearable and i love that blue with BT color blocking. although ow chi is dope and i wish i had them, they are pretty gimmicky and they don't age well over time. they yellow. and I think asxfarcas wearability they won't age gracefully either. of course i could be wrong. thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm curious...

frags or ow chi?
why?
👁👁

me personally... i have frags, but no ow chi. if i had a chance to swap out, i think I'm keeping my frags. i think frags are more wearable and i love that blue with BT color blocking. although ow chi is dope and i wish i had them, they are pretty gimmicky and they don't age well over time. they yellow. and I think asxfarcas wearability they won't age gracefully either. of course i could be wrong. thoughts?
Frags. I’ve had both. The chi ow are too delicate and prone to bleeding on the toe box. Frags are super wearable and are the gem of my collection.
I have the unc ow and they’re built a little better.

I'm curious...

frags or ow chi?
why?
👁👁

For me, Frags, and it’s not even a hard choice. #1, I already have the 2015 Chis (and the Spideys for that matter), so until I get an ‘85 Chi, I don’t need another Chi variation. #2, Not a huge fan of the deconstructed aesthetic on the OW 1s. In particular, the beige panel on the back, the way the Swoosh just looks stitched on top, the contrasting black stitching on various parts, and the use of that weird foam/nylon material on some of the panels, are all details I’ve never like on all the OW1s. But a Blk Toe WITH Blk Tongue, but Royal instead of the traditional red?!? A Royal variation of the one Jordan 1 PE we’ve never faithfully gotten? Yeah, Frags all day and twice on Sunday in this situation. Way cleaner and not as gimmicky as well IMO.

I'm curious...

frags or ow chi?
why?
👁👁

OW are cool, but the frags would be the no brainer choice for me for similar reasons to yours.
frags are just so much more simpler and don't have that gimmick. color blocking is nice and you'll have no issues wearing them and worrying about all those things that can happen to the materials used on the OW

I'm curious...

frags or ow chi?
why?
👁👁

Frags. And this is coming from somebody who doesn't even consider Frags to be all that.

SP called me , additional pairs showed up today. White laces look terrible? Was going for a cool grey 11 look
37430EB5-E8EF-4A15-8054-D6ECD88E2A4C.jpeg
3D898088-4687-4EB5-B493-FAB718AFD0F2.jpeg
A89B4B89-D801-4843-90B1-3459B1975519.jpeg
28244E61-F514-4F9E-AD4D-41559C987188.jpeg
1912655A-74E9-4DD7-8262-365C1F1F244A.jpeg

patiently waiting for the right time to strike on them japans. might fall back on the satin snakes, but the japans are for sure a necessity.

2016-17 also saw releases like storm blues, metallics, yin yangs, lettermans go on suuuuper disco....even black toes were only reselling for like $200-225 after release. 1s just weren't poppin off at the time like they are now. outlet finds, disco, low resell just isn't in the cards nowadays.

i'm not talking about you and me, of course we're gonna come out....i'm talking about the hypebeast/reseller legion.

I think it helped that Adidas Boost and Yeezy hype took away a lot of the Jordan retro hype during this time period. Now that Adidas Boost hype is pretty much dead and Yeezy hype is nowhere near where at it was during this time period, the sneaker game has focused almost exclusively on Nike/JB (especially retros and SB Dunks). I used to cop SB dunks in my size 11 on sale for $50-$60 shipped from various online skateshops and whatnot around, some of these same pairs I've hilariously moved for $300+ recently. Meanwhile, I can't give some of my NMDs away (which were reselling at $300 at their peak)... Sneaker hype is a truly funny thing lol

they from ig doin suspect sneaker poses and on youtube doin shocked-face thumbnail pics

bro, 1s went to outlets between 2013-2017....no denying that. there's not a chance in hell any of them do that these days.

It's hilarious because Bloodlines hit discount not even 9 months ago.. That would NEVER happen nowadays lol

Yup. Bout to be a buyers market again.

Economy about to be in shambles for a bit. People going to be hoarding money and letting go of stuff for the low. I would advise against buying anything resale RIGHT now unless you find a crazy deal.

If you can wait until like October/November that'll be prime time. Especially if the GOV still playing with people money, and all the holidays start rolling around and people start feeling pressed. Lot of stuff bout to start going for cheap. Lot of people gon be undercutting. Lot of people who was buying up every release, no matter what gon start getting choosy

I agree with all of this, except for the exact opposite.

has anybody had any aging-related issues with their dsm's (e.g. yellowing, cracking, etc.)?

have always low-key liked them and am thinking about grabbing a pair

Last edited:
Ima disagree with you here. 1's hype has been going strong since 2013 when they hit us with royals, bred, black toes...

2014 Fragments...

The hype has been going strong for years. I think 1's will continue to always bring out people

The hype has been strong but I think people forget around 2012, 2013 a social media generation of sneaker enthusiasts and resellers started entering the business. The hype went up to new levels as Instagram really started to rise, technology started getting much better with bots and scripts, and a few years later selling platforms like StockX entered the game.

When JB started rolling out the AJ 1 High retros in 2013 they weren't as hard to get compared to a popular AJ 1 drop now. 2012, 2013 you didn't have 50 popular IG accounts tracking whats dropping from samples, leaks to the official product shots. Not many IG accounts that would break down list of stores, celebrity lifestyle accounts with every single piece athletes and artists are wearing etc. I don't think Solelinks was as prominent yet. There was still a small element of using forums and word of mouth to be ahead of those that weren't in the know.

The 16-year-old that got introduced to the sneaker business because of the hype around Kanye's Red Octobers in 2013 went to university for coding and now built a popular bot for hundreds to use and is sitting back making big bank.

The hype just went up to another level as a new generation entered the business.

Yup. Bout to be a buyers market again.

Economy about to be in shambles for a bit. People going to be hoarding money and letting go of stuff for the low. I would advise against buying anything resale RIGHT now unless you find a crazy deal.

If you can wait until like October/November that'll be prime time. Especially if the GOV still playing with people money, and all the holidays start rolling around and people start feeling pressed. Lot of stuff bout to start going for cheap. Lot of people gon be undercutting. Lot of people who was buying up every release, no matter what gon start getting choosy

Hope this happens but I don't see it changing much.

right? I was thinking the same thing the other day. Game Royals are practically the same price as Shadow's/Royals

The re-retro in 2017 (?) of Shadows and Royals really got mass produced.

Didn’t they mass produce the heck outta royals and shadows?
I think that’s the reason why prices aren’t that high imo

Yeah they did. Shadows weren't even the popular drop during the 1st retro in 2013 (?), at least here they weren't. They dropped the same day as the Toro 4s which most people were after. It's only now Shadow prices started going up a bit like pretty much all AJ 1s this year.

Jordan 1's just got hot in 2018 and covid-19 pandemic is why resale price jump

People talking foolish lately :lol:

They definitely didn't just get hot in 2018. Like someone mentioned, when the adidas hype died down all those NMD, Ultra Boost, Yeezy folks shifted back over to the AJ 1.

Now with the pandemic and limited access to retail stores, a lot of releases being done online only (which means only bots cook), its getting ridiculous with stuff like Mids selling out. :smh:

I only cop black Nike quarter socks from the outlet.

**** it's even bad at outlets too. Nike outlets here it's a 1-2 hour wait outside just to get in. I had to go to a regular Nike store just to buy those socks regular price. :smh:

I'm curious...

frags or ow chi?
why?
👁👁

This is interesting because I had the chance to get one of these last summer. It was a no-brainer and I got the Frags. As years have passed, I find OW Chi's to be wack. Maybe it's mental trauma from regularly striking out on OW x Nike/JB collabs, or the fact I think Virgil is a clown, or that I had 2 chances to get the OW Chi's when they dropped but I was dealing with idiots.

I just find them to be corny. Also doesn't help that they yellow badly like most of the OW x Nike collection. If I was to do a ranking I would say: Frags >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Regular Chi 1s > OW Euro 1s >>>>>>> OW UNC 1s > OW Chi's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom