Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

i got a shipping confirmation from finishline and everything. i paid through paypal and they still didnt take my money out my bank account.
strange.

Lol same here man. Two separate orders, both shipped and have not took money. Usually places charge once its shipped so I don't know. But hey, I ain't complaining! But I seriously doubt they let us walk away with a free pair. But I'm crossing my fingers hoping there was some system error.

Wow, international came out clutch. Fedex just delivered my orders from WG and SH that I placed on Thurs.
pimp.gif
really wow?

WG hasnt even shipped my order yet, still says processing.

Giving a connect $5-$10? SMH that's not even lunch money. Just think of the amount of money they could potentially make and they only ask for retail from you. I'm sorry but certain releases should mean more money for them. NTers being cheap is an understatement.
How much should they be tipping though, any more than $30 and you've crossed the line into resale territory which still isnt bad becuase you still have the reliablity and security of your connect. I know people who dont tip at all. I do get where you're coming from though, if you're going to tip then at least make it enough to show that you appreciate the value that theyre providing you. $5 is less than the tax you're going to pay.

my homeboy generally gives his connect a $20.
not really bad considering you dont have to worry about lines, waking up early, or any other hassle.

my time is certainly worth more than $20 so i wouldnt mind giving up a $20 for a guaranteed pair of certain releases.

[/quote]
I'm OG to the shoe game but a few of my old connect retired from the game... I don't have a connect anymore cause most so called connects this days are all about making a profit. I'm too old now and don't have time try to make friends and find a new connect. If I happen to meet one on a move, then that's coo. But I'm not going out of my way for it anymore.

Thank you and repped! All the reasons this OG sneakerhead has difficulty at times with releases....

Giving a connect $5-$10? SMH that's not even lunch money. Just think of the amount of money they could potentially make and they only ask for retail from you. I'm sorry but certain releases should mean more money for them. NTers being cheap is an understatement.
How much should they be tipping though, any more than $30 and you've crossed the line into resale territory which still isnt bad becuase you still have the reliablity and security of your connect. I know people who dont tip at all. I do get where you're coming from though, if you're going to tip then at least make it enough to show that you appreciate the value that theyre providing you. $5 is less than the tax you're going to pay.
But why worry about crossing into resale territory? Not saying you are just speaking in general. $10 minimum I'd say. Pay the price your comfortable paying. But as far as only giving $10 on the hyped releases that's crazy IMO.

Just think your working only making $7.50 and then you get a $10 tip when you can take that same pair and put it on CL and make a $110+ tip for the same amount of work.

not necessarily true. connects come and go. eventually, people get tired of making new connects. then there are various release types which make it so you have to put even more work in. ie. HoH releases, Niketown releases require 2 separate groups of people. FNL constantly moves their employees, or managers, to different locations so its tuff to maintain a good FNL connect for the most part.

What he said. Nothing like walking into your old spot and your connects are gone. I used to get a call from a connect about every Jordan just on GP but they all gone now.

But why worry about crossing into resale territory? Not saying you are just speaking in general. $10 minimum I'd say. Pay the price your comfortable paying. But as far as only giving $10 on the hyped releases that's crazy IMO.

Just think your working only making $7.50 and then you get a $10 tip when you can take that same pair and put it on CL and make a $110+ tip for the same amount of work.
THANK YOU QFMFT

What these kids don't understand is that Time = Money. How much do you make per hour? How many hours would you have to line up to get a pair for retail? How much is 5-8 hours worth to you? For me, a full day's work is worth way more than the $30-$50 tip you can give to a connect to make them a) want to hook you up and b) feel appreciated. 

Try doing that in the real world with anything else. $5-$10 tip? You can't even get bumped up a reservation list at a posh restaurant with that kinda tip. NT'ers are scrub cheap man... 

not necessarily true. connects come and go. eventually, people get tired of making new connects. then there are various release types which make it so you have to put even more work in. ie. HoH releases, Niketown releases require 2 separate groups of people. FNL constantly moves their employees, or managers, to different locations so its tuff to maintain a good FNL connect for the most part.

What he said. Nothing like walking into your old spot and your connects are gone. I used to get a call from a connect about every Jordan just on GP but they all gone now.

Exactly, I only have one OLD connect left... She's been in my pockets since the early 90s; She LOVES taking my money too haha. It's great having someone I can be assured will look out for me on the RDs. It'll be a sad day should she ever close her spot. Mom&Pop shops don't have it like they used to, obviously. The corporate monster is swallowing the bulk of them. She said she won't go down without a fight though. And I'll continue to support her as much as possible.

Man i had a journey with these here we go During the week of the launch i told my boss yo i need to get off at 7pm on Thursday, got the ok. Wednesday comes and one of my co-workers(who has a hookup that enabled him to get a ticket early from champs) said yo dudes are standing outside of hibbetts right now so i get off and yeah its like 20 dudes camping so i go to another one and its just kids camping like 9 of them are they are getting at me saying we got all the sizes you aint getting none you know the shoes come out Friday you gonna stay here with us till then so i leave for another hibbetts and nobody is there just naked im like yeah this is it.Thursday I call that naked hibbetts and the employee says yeah its 15-20 people out here all sizes are accounted for so i call all the hibbetts and found one a hour away that stated that people are not allowed to camp at there store untill 12 so thurday i get off work at didn't go due to some other issues. My girl tells me her cousin(footlocker employee) would stand in line in my hometown of S.C(im in georgia) 4:30am at a hibbetts she gets there and the cops end up shutting it down. Its Friday morning i set my alarm wrong so missed the ndc launch and i pull up finishline.com and see the countdown and i was like okay i give up but for some reason i left the tap up came to the computer about a hour and a half later and im in i see mad sizes so i tried to get a 11 3 times with errors then i try 11.5 two times second time it went through in the rush i shipped to my old address so i had to call finishline and listen to call me maybe for a hour got the address changed and got my shipping conformation yesterday lets go!!!:smokin

In Brooklyn, Hyperactive and Jimmy Jazz did first come first serve and people started posting up on Wednesday at 3pm for a Friday 8:30am release. SInce I struck out I might wait a few weeks in hopes of getting them no more then $100 over retail if not on to the 13's in a few months. 

Last edited:
If you call yourself an OG to the shoe game...you should have a connect on every shoes that drops...IMO! 

to some extent. most of my connects are grown up with real jobs. i get by on every release like everyone else. my last connect got canned from Footlocker like about 2 years now. lol :smh:

Ummm no a lot of "connects" from back in the day got real jobs and we grew up I'm not in college with the ability to just cut out and go wait in lines when a release drops
Your logic is flawed
Truth. And also just because you are an OG and about the shoes doesn't mean you are about the game. The shoe game is different now. Back in the day nobody was spending this kind of loot on J's and they would be readily available. I would never need to wait in lines or even need to cop opening day or week. If I wanted the latest J I would head down to FNL or FL at my convenience with my birthday money in hand after having saved up. Those were the days. These days it's all about limited releases and resellers selling online for sometimes double the sticker price. This wasn't how it was for us back in the day so I can see why some OG's are salty

One of my pairs came from Beastbay, and i was on the road so the only tool i had was my iPad... I didn't use the mobile site, though it did take me 75minutes to complete the entire Checkout process...

If using a apple device I would suggest you download the FREE flash supported puffin web browser. My referral code for more time xmbmbhxzxmkxa

Back
Top Bottom