Official Air Jordan 2012 Thread: JB Classic pack drops 4/11/12:: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by MisterMitchSir

any release date on the all star's?

I would assume Feb 24th with the rest of the All Star releases.

Hopefully retail is 180 and that not that 223 stuff...

Originally Posted by btdpu

Brandon - I'm guessing 180. Haven't seen any "system" photos of the ASGs.

I'm thinking the same.

I can't imagine they do many releases with the "whole" package.

Had the pleasure to attend Jordan Brands launch of the Air Jordan 2012 last week and aside from testing out the new shoe I got to speak to Tinker Hatfield for a few and ask him some questions we have all been dying to know. Unfortunately I couldn't get him to do a tap tap pull.

via SneakerWatch

Originally Posted by mcgregor triangle

That's a very high-quality photo shop up there. Maybe the upper should not be quite that plain, though. I've even gotten used to the oversized Jumpman and actually quite like it. Can someone articulate why exactly the large Jumpman is so off-putting? My theory is that ppl associate the Jumpman with the Nike Air that should appear but doesn't on the backs of retro Jordans..
Thanks! yeah I was aware that stripping back all the leather panelling was going to leave the upper a lot simpler. I did play around with leaving the jumpman on there, its not something I'm particularly against but I had the sleak lines of the IX-XII era in mind and decided to leave it out. I think preference with logo placement with footwear/clothing is really to individual taste and perhaps effected by cultural/social associations. Then again, the jumpman (iconic as it is), is a bit of an awkward shape to incorporate from a design stand point, you look at something like the swoosh or the three stripes - they have a graphic simplicity and its easy to think of ways of integrating them into the design of an actual shoe, there's not a huge amount to do with the jumpman other than simply sticking it where ever it fits on an existing design. Not that anyone would want to rework the Jumpman, but if you were to graphically simplify it to the degree of something like the nike swoosh, you'd end up with a mercedes star.

Anyway yeah with the upper I didn't want it to be so plain and found the brogue holing from the original design interesting so tried to reincorporate that into the rework. I'm going to make some more colourways and I think some of the ID previews are pretty interesting with the midsole options and flywire colouring so that might serve to spark it up.

edit: incase you're interested to see what the jumpman would look like on my PS here it is on some cool greys...
138255ee4bcf806ed6cc4cd4868ed21ebbb6bde.jpg

Can't wait to see your re-worked photoshops! Go heavy on the broguing! By the way, I forgot to mention that I liked the ridge above the pinky toe aread on the forefoot. You did that on purpose, right?

Originally Posted by eldikon

Originally Posted by mcgregor triangle

That's a very high-quality photo shop up there. Maybe the upper should not be quite that plain, though. I've even gotten used to the oversized Jumpman and actually quite like it. Can someone articulate why exactly the large Jumpman is so off-putting? My theory is that ppl associate the Jumpman with the Nike Air that should appear but doesn't on the backs of retro Jordans..
Thanks! yeah I was aware that stripping back all the leather panelling was going to leave the upper a lot simpler. I did play around with leaving the jumpman on there, its not something I'm particularly against but I had the sleak lines of the IX-XII era in mind and decided to leave it out. I think preference with logo placement with footwear/clothing is really to individual taste and perhaps effected by cultural/social associations. Then again, the jumpman (iconic as it is), is a bit of an awkward shape to incorporate from a design stand point, you look at something like the swoosh or the three stripes - they have a graphic simplicity and its easy to think of ways of integrating them into the design of an actual shoe, there's not a huge amount to do with the jumpman other than simply sticking it where ever it fits on an existing design. Not that anyone would want to rework the Jumpman, but if you were to graphically simplify it to the degree of something like the nike swoosh, you'd end up with a mercedes star.

Anyway yeah with the upper I didn't want it to be so plain and found the brogue holing from the original design interesting so tried to reincorporate that into the rework. I'm going to make some more colourways and I think some of the ID previews are pretty interesting with the midsole options and flywire colouring so that might serve to spark it up.

edit: incase you're interested to see what the jumpman would look like on my PS here it is on some cool greys...
138255ee4bcf806ed6cc4cd4868ed21ebbb6bde.jpg
Ok the PS looks like a GREAT WINNER.

Did anyone ordered wolfs from deadstock ??
Do you have any shipping confirmation ??

i really dont like it when people attempt to photoshop a current jordan with the feeling that their rendition is better, when in reality it is actually worse.

the only cool thing about that rendering is the shading.

dont mean to be harsh bro just saying if you think making an entire flywire shoe with perforation holes on the toe box is doing something, you need to go back to the drawing board.

Hey no worries misterj and that's cool if you're not feeling it. It wasn't my intention to make a better shoe, there has however been a lot of mixed feedback on how the shoe looks and I had some ideas on taking it somewhere else visually so it seemed fitting to share them here.

I actually like the photoshop. For more support on the uppers on the shoe maybe it should be leather instead of flywire but then it would look a lot like an 11.

Originally Posted by wkej

Did anyone ordered wolfs from deadstock ??
Do you have any shipping confirmation ??

Yeah I got 1 Sat and when I checked today they said they were picked up in Industry, CA. But my expected date to receive them went from 6 to 7 days.

They look like they would be good for hoopin in but for 222 dollars they would only be worth it if you play ball for a real team or your school. plus the color waves are ugly passing for sure!

Originally Posted by ijapino

Haven't had time to post my wolf greys yet...But here ya go. I switched out the volt laces for the more subtle grey ones.

Since I haven't seen anyone do it yet...

I placed the liner from the UNC's into the wolf greys....Pretty clean look imo.

damn the swap makes the shoe looks much better. if only that jumpman on the side was smaller and white...
i think the best part of the shoe is the suede panels

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

They're up on NikeID, but it won't let you create them yet.~

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see them.  Did they take them off the site again or something?

Back
Top Bottom