Official Air Jordan IV "Mars" post...

Quote:
So which site is everyone planning on ordering from if ur doing it online?............Eastbay, Finishline, Niketown, etc......I need to know because I might have to do it online if I cant get a ride to the mall and I wanna know which is the best site to do it on.

Eastbay and Finishline will put up the shoes at Midnight, like usual.

NT.com will keep you waiting. If you are in the East Coast don't plan on getting any sleep if you are waiting for NT.com. Basically it is a crap shoot. The earliest they have put shoes up is 1am pacific/4 am eastern, but they have kept people waiting until 6am PST/9am EST (Last Shot XIV).
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
Campanella - Drysdale - Koufax - Lasorda - Robinson - Valenzuela - Hershiser - Gagne​

Some good points in this post. I'll add my 2 cents for what it is worth.

Nike/Jordan Brand is a for profit business. Their bottom line is the only thing that matters to them. As a business they are making smart decisions, they are lowering the the quality of their product and are increasing the cost to consumers without losing any demand....it is a win all around for Nike.

Can you blame Nike/Jordan Brand for their business decisions? You can't because it is smart business. I am a mad as the next that they have increased costs and lowered quality but it doesn't matter because the demand for their products will always be there. If the demand drastically dropped they might be forced to change but we all know that will happen.

Quote:
Something people need to remember;

When the IV was released in 89 it was $110

Accounting for inflation that's *at least $150* in todays money.

Yet the shoe is retailing at $115.

If they sold it at what the 1989 price translates into in todays money, then somebody would be complaining about that too.

At $115, they are going to let a few things slip by, but the quality has improved a bit since the 04 IVs at least.

so how much should the top quality 99 4s that went for $100 should have cost?

wow JB really did us a favor in 99.

:rolleyes
eyes.gif

Quote:
This kind of honest product criticism and open debate is exactly what is needed for these Niketalk "official threads" - constructive discussion about quality, consumer wants and real discourse on Brand Jordan products.

Preach.

Quote:
At $115, they are going to let a few things slip by, but the quality has improved a bit since the 04 IVs at least.

What are you talking about? When it comes to quality
Cool Greys >>> Mist
White/Green >>> Tours
I own all 4 of those and this years IVs definatly crease much faster and more noticable then '04 IVs.

You would think since JB does no type of advertising for the products bringing all their money, instead they just let the forums do free advertising and that the price raised $5 in 2 years, that they would have some more money to put towards a better product.
Jordans 4 Sale sz 11.5 - Mist IV, Pt.Blue Dub-Zero
Jonny207@yahoo.com AIM: Jonny91589.

Quote:
This kind of honest product criticism and open debate is exactly what is needed for these Niketalk "official threads" - constructive discussion about quality, consumer wants and real discourse on Brand Jordan products.

Strongly agreed. Appreciated for bringing that point up.

SORRY, I SHOULD KNOW, BUT WILL THESE BE UP ON NIKETOWN.COM? IF SO, WILL THEY UP MIDNIGHT EASTERN TIME (9 PACIFIC) OR MIDNIGHT PACIFIC TIME? THANKS, SORRY, SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

Quote:
What should be done. Listen up....because I dont speak unless i have something to be heard.
3 times a year Jordan Brand and Nike should team up once again and RETRO 3, only 3 ORIGINALS each year, ORIGINAL NIKE AIR JORDANS in there ORIGINAL form and package each one in its ORIGINAL BOX. 3 Jordans a year BAM!!!!!!
THEY COULD CHARGE $200 a pair for these if they need to, it will be urban accounts only because thats who wants these the most. I live in the burbs people.... I can rock an OG 3 days stright and nobody notices.
Jordan Brand could keep making all of the retros they make right now, keep pumping out everything they do right now because it sells like crack. But keep something special in the jordan label for the die hard and the AGING vets of this culture, who rocked a new V to school in 5th grade and new what it felt like to have something that sick laying in a bad box next to your bed as you slept.

Exactly what I want too.

Exact for the "aging vets" as a loyal payment of homage for supporting their franchise in the early years.

For those who want that shoe back in their lives in their adult size or for those who just straight up missed it 'cause they couldn't afford all the colorways.

Even ONE EXACT Replica.Hike the price if you want but it's worth it to me,after seeing my favorite IV and III get butchered and mangled into bizzarre jumpman rainbow colors.

Quote:
We changed the wings. We brought the cement 3's back out. We have done alot as a community to change what jordan brand does. and ill be damned if some johnny come lately, who wasnt even born when i got my first jays, helping to make a passion of mines a fad and cheapen j's even more, tries and tells me to quit complaining... must be out your damn mind. this is a message board. the hell are you supposed to do? take jordan shoes up the and say "yes sir may i have another?" NO!

I will voice my displeasure on $30 price hike, bad quality, and altered versions and availablity.. its not right... and the way to change what they are doing is to VOICE YOUR OPINION....Period..

Its a sad day when VARIANT versions of classics look better, and have better qualities than what the REAL company is putting out...

I mean who in the year after the first retro IV came out would have thought that JORDAN BRAND would be putting variant mesh and using cheap leather wings and materials and paint, and not to mention price hiking an OUTDATED...say that with me kids.......OUTDATED shoe... Thats INSANE.

And dont get me started on the jumpman which was only supposed to be on Retro + shoes. If you dont know what that is, look it up...

I'm with you on ALL that you said.

That jumpman logo turns me off being where it's NOT supposed to be !!!!!!!!!

Anyway,being all that it may,I was still willing to check this shoe out.I was initially excited to see it in the box - the colorway that's been ignored for sooo long.I took it out and tried it on - poor POOR leather was used,the jumpman logo turning me off,the mesh straightened out,the tongue a lot thinner than what it's supposed to be - I'm shaking my head :smh:
nono.gif
I've decided to pass on this shoe,just like I passed on the 2003 white cement III - Only that jumpman logo was the only thing that turned me off then.

These guys at Brand Jordan have NO idea what true LOYALTY means. They understand DEMAND very well and are prepared to chase their profit shoot.

They could have made this release so much GREATER for us than we could ever have imagined.

To start : Proper Corinthian Leather assembled in Taiwan (shipped from Vietnam ?), Valconized Rubber or Plastic as it was, slanted mesh, NIKE AIR back - then the added Mars Blackmon (Spike Lee) face, the original thick NIKE AIR hang tag and to cap in the final straw, the original retro BOX with a THANKYOU NOTE for remaining LOYAL throughout the years.

^^^^^You see, those empty head guys down there would never ever think like that - - - to make something we've held dear SPECIAL.

Truth : Most kids I know never even knew there was a FireRed IV that existed once upon a time.

Now it's gonna become "COOL" again, to rock on the bus,at school,to show out in front of friends.Show that jumpman logo off but educate yourselves and remember the originals that now rests as a vague memory.

Once again for those who missed it earlier..

RIP (Rest In Peace) - what IV's used to look like before JB butchered and mangled without consequence..

1zz2ib6.jpg

i hope my girls over at footlocker vancouver will hook it up. either way, $115 is a good price. i just love the fact its a general release but im sure it'll sell out like a mofo.
Wanted New/Used: HUF AM1 8.5 / ALIFE RONE HIGH 2 TONE GREY 6.5
For Sale:

ndc/swoosh

pacific - 12:00 am
mountain - 1:00 am
central - 2:00 am
eastern - 3:00 am

they were on time for the black cats and pures, but they were almost an hour late for the release before that (i think it was the cards and flints)
[/b]

so many people complaining here... OG heads complaining, new jacks complaining, hypebeasts complaining...everybody's complaining..... people should just be happy that JB decides to release a IV with a colorway everyone loves at a decent price in large quantities that everyone can get a chance to buy, isn;t that what most of us wanted anyways, A CHANCE TO BUY!!!.... think about it, this could have been limited to 5000 worldwide with week long campouts, line cutters, ppl getting robbed.... just be thankful and shut-up with the complaints.
---------------

"When everyone thinks alike, no one's thinking."

Honestly I dont give a @#%$ about quality. I like how the sneakers look and that's why Im buying them. Who thinks about the quality of the leather when they're buying a sneaker? :rofl:
roll.gif
If they crease then they crease im not gonna @#%$ about it. If u dont like em, dont buy em, but please dont come in here whining about "omg the quality is horrible!" I mean seriously they're JUST SNEAKERS!
Teaneck[/i]
Reeceman10,FinesseSosa,Justdunkit02,PolosandDunks,TheRaygunZ,IAMMALCOLMX519,rzh100

Quote:
An extra $15 increase at 500,000 units = an extra $7,500,000. Idk if a GR is 500,000 units, but it should be something even higher than that after accounting for the Pures, Tours, Mars, and Militaries. I'm underestimating. And you know JB profits more than just $15 from each shoe sold.

If these shoes were released as is w/ a $100 price tag, my mouth would be shut right now. And I'd be coppin this pair with no complaints come saturday. Like someone said in this thread earlier, JB has always been using materials below industry par. But these IVs w/ the price hike just did it for me. Like I said 12 pages ago, I'm passing.

EzCode Parsing Error: color=red size=4]EzCode Parsing Error: size=4]Question for the people that know about the sneaker buisness, don't sneaker companies sell the the kicks whole sale? how do stores make pr[/font]

IMG]i26.photobucket.com/album...1.jpg[/IMG]

just picked em up about 3 hours ago....paid 140 at my local mom&pop store so yea, actually the quality on these arent that bad, no glue marks, the mars blackmon is actually pretty dark.....only thing is that they will crease like crazy leather is pretty cheap.....so yea just thought i'd share, im actually pretty pleased with them

Quote:
pacific - 12:00 am
mountain - 1:00 am
central - 2:00 am
eastern - 3:00 am

they were on time for the black cats and pures, but they were almost an hour late for the release before that (i think it was the cards and flints)

Actually they launched the Black Cat IV's and Pure IV's early (Thursday) and then tried to cancel the orders. Other than that they are NEVER on time. Eastbay is always on time though, but they always have issues.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
Campanella - Drysdale - Koufax - Lasorda - Robinson - Valenzuela - Hershiser - Gagne​

heres an update of when i went to my spot to pickup the mars... well looks like they got the womens one and not the mars >:
mad.gif
.... why the hell would they get the wack womens colorway but not the mens :rolleyes
eyes.gif
? it amazes me honestly... they need to be more specific on the phone next time instead of wasting my time going there... hopefully my spot gets em tommorow or thurs...
Fan til I die​

Quote:
so many people complaining here... OG heads complaining, new jacks complaining, hypebeasts complaining...everybody's complaining..... people should just be happy that JB decides to release a IV with a colorway everyone loves at a decent price in large quantities that everyone can get a chance to buy, isn;t that what most of us wanted anyways, A CHANCE TO BUY!!!.... think about it, this could have been limited to 5000 worldwide with week long campouts, line cutters, ppl getting robbed.... just be thankful and shut-up with the complaints
Standing Ovation!!! To all those who feel like they are OGs the originals are always going to be grails.If Jordan were to remake those shoes the exact same way then u would be mad.These shoes are by far the best retros in a long time.I'm sick of seeing all these new ugly colors of the fours.So if Jordan kicks out an OG colorway with a new twist and its hot I'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom