***Official Air Jordan XX3 Summary Post***

Trust me i spend alot of money at UNDFTD and they always hold shoes for me, but they couldn't do anything for me this time. They also told me first comefirst serve. i went there yesterday and they told me that there was already 18 people lined up on monday morning and that they didn't want them sleepingoutside for 5 days for there safety, so they did a list. the first 23 people on the list was pretty much already at UNDFTD starting to camp out. if youweren't already there on monday to camp out then there was no chance for you getting the shoe from them. So technically they did do first come first serve.Im not mad at them at all. They were only looking out for the people in line. Looks like ebay is my best bet now. i know fox hills is going to be crazy.

^ Dang, dude's taking risks to GET the shoe, and then once they have them, they're taking a risk by just having 'em until they get home, andthey're going to be taking a risk every time they wear them out.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by HMack007

I want MJs suit from the previous page

I bet it costs more than my college education.

I've been on NT for 7 years now and this is going to be the most heinous Jordan release we'll see. Nubuck XIIs, Laser IVs, DMP, Grapes....none of thatwill compare to the madness at hand. JB knew there would be pandamonium and they went right ahead and made these as limited as they are.

It's also genius because the chaos surrounding this release will ensure the next two colors will sell.

Like I said in an earlier post .. If there are two sets + an asian set out .. I just dont see these are being exclusive at all .. I mean are the number setsuppose to mean something special? Are they number inside the shoe or is it the tag and if its the tag does it have a watermark proof on it?

Are the people in line getting marked kicks or are some of the mark kicks been set apart for certain individuals? UGH ... LMAO I'm damn sure aint going tofreeze my!$%* and pay/or pay over retail for something that is not as exclusive as the 529 mention for the us ...

for all bay area heads....

just called shieks people already lined up dont know how many......

last i heard around 10 this morning anout 10 people in line......

i think in the bay if you aint in line by this afternoon its a wrap....

so whats going down cali/l.a. jordanheads whos going to fox hills mall tomarrow or millenium shoes? who wanna go together to have a better chance at coppina pair or two. you know one for the collection and the other to wear. so who's down for the ride and to camp out at either
fox hills which is 20% chance or millenium shoes 50/50 chance since the raffle of 11 lines for each shoe size. let me know whos down.

It's a wrap at Walters in ATL. They are like 20 people in line as we speak......

damn...i can't believe everyone is falling for this gimmick. i guess its been around since other numbered J's but JB took it to a sickening leveltaking advantage of the Jordan fans and use it to make money off. i am a jordan freak but i'm old enough to know when someone is trying to fool with me.its just sad that there are people out there that get fooled by this and others that take advantage of them(JB).

XX3=don't believe the HYPE!

any updates on how many people is at House of Hoops, FL 34 st, Champs times Square, Nba store, & FA 34 st .

FL 34 and Footaction is packed NYNT is all crowd I have to admit I was trying to get myself a spot but looks like every where is taken. Here are some pics ofFootaction in 34th St. that I took at 5 in the evening. I was thinking about camping in Fordham in the Bronx but took tired for searching for spots

On the real no pun intended, but some of ya need to step up your fitted and outfit game and stop focusin on them kicks .. LMAO but @*%$ if I was out thereI'll try to be as confy as I could being that we are at least 2 days out .. hell, my sleeping back and two man tent be set up already ...

i called a few other places in la that are known for having shoes, and they said they may get them
suddenly, this only 529 pairs doesn't ring so true
now, maybe they aren't numbered, or they are
frankly, i don't care about the numbering. i just want the color
but i would call around to your other spots and see if they may get them as well
maybe we should all stage a protest in front of undefeated?
i mean, their is strength in numbers
lets protest!
they told one group one thing and flip flopped
maybe they'll flip flop again?
worth a try.

Here is an article from the NY Post about the 23 and the Jordan Culture.

FRESH AIR
SNEAK PEEK! AFTER 23 YEARS, AIR JORDANS ARE STILL KICKING
By RAAKHEE MIRCHANDANI

You can buy Air Jordans, but you likely won't fly like Mike.

January 23, 2008 -- IT'S been 23 years, and everyone still wants to be like Mike. The new limited-release, Carolina-blue, Tinker Hatfield-designed AirJordan XX3's are out this Friday. And in typical Jordan Brand fashion, they're making consumers work for them.

The first of three huge XX3 launches, there will be 23 pairs of the $230 shoes in 23 stores throughout the country. The second wave of black shoes will hitstores on Feb. 16 followed by a nationwide general release of the white versions on Feb. 23.
And it's a Big Deal.

Way back in 1985, the black, red and white Air Jordan I was the first non-white basketball sneaker - causing the NBA to ban the shoes. MJ wore them anyway andwas fined $5,000 per game. Soon enough, Air Jordan III's - designed by the now legendary Tinker Hatfield - showed up with visible air in the heel and theiconic Jumpman logo. The Jordan/Hatfield duo broke ground again in the mid-'90s when the Air Jordan XI's boasted . . . patent leather.

Defying expectations, focus industry of fanzines, books, documentaries, Web sites and resellers. In fact, the glut of shoes, their ubiquity, has even producedsomething of a backlash among sneakerheads.
Except for Jordans.

Today - right now, as I write this! - people started lining up in the freezing cold outside the Herald Square Foot Locker for a chance to get their hands on apair of XX3's on Friday.
Such is the power of Michael.

"You'd pay attention to what Jordan would wear. I'd be glued to the television for those Spike Lee commercials and I would record them on VHS andwatch them every once in a while," says 29-year-old Queens contractor Vaz Avedian, a collector. "And I would always watch 'The Fresh Prince ofBel-Air' - he wore Jordans in, like, every episode. When he wore the reflector tongues with his school uniform, I thought that was so ill."

Recently, Avedian sold half of his 500-sneaker collection and put a down payment on a car, paid first and last month's rent on an apartment, and take careof credit card bills - and he still had enough left over to stash in a savings account. "I haven't bought a pair of Nikes in like three years, butI've bought Jordans," he says. "I will never stop. I did stop the obsession of cutting school or calling in sick to work. But there's alwaysa part of my heart that crumbles when I see an ill pair of Jordans."

The Jordans evoke an emotional connection between man and shoe that rivals anything you've ever heard about a girl and her Louboutins.

"In the urban community, your shoes have almost become your vehicle. What you wear on your feet dictates to people your sense of style, your sense offlavor and allowed the urban consumer to really dictate to everyone else what that individual is all about," says Gentry Humphrey, footwear businessdirector at Jordan Brand.

And while disillusionment with Nike runs high among sneakerheads - most can't get over the saturation of sneaker stores, the insane neon color mixes and17-year-old kids running out to buy the newest $200-plus release every week - there's a different reaction when they talk about a pair of Jordans.

Andrew Steinthal, a 27-year-old Manhattan collector, is no longer an active sneakerhead, but his voice gets softer when he talks about the Jordans.
"The Jordans, they can do no wrong. I will still buy them and love them," he says. "My favorites are the Jordan's III's with the coolgray cement; I've had two pairs. One is everyday and one is special occasion. I'll wear them next when the Knicks win a championship."

Or maybe never. But that hopefulness is part of what people get when they buy a pair of Air Jordans.

"I grew up in a small town in Canada, and what it came down to was Michael Jordan was on the ball. He came before the sneaker," says Eugene Kan, the23-year-old editor of Hong Kong-based hypebeast.com.

"There was one cool kid whose mom bought him all the fresh [shoes]. I'm living in [Nowhere,] Canada and this kid is rocking these dope Jordans.Basketball wasn't even my sport but MJ's greatness transcended everything."

Brooklyn DJ Clark Kent, with a 2,500-plus sneaker collection says, "The Jordans are an iconic shoe that can withstand the test of time. He's theirhero. "They want to wear him."Avedian, from Queens, says, "I associate Jordan with success. I was from a lower middle-class family and Iassociated them with stature," he says.

"And I would struggle to score A's and nail that really ill report card and get a pair. An average report card meant Ponys from Payless."

Originally Posted by hottkicks

they gave out #s today? ^
Yup if you missed out your out of luck.
All 23 spots filled.

Again I gotta thank my cuz bryan.
smokin.gif

Always looking out for the fam.
pimp.gif
Lets just hope we can also get 2extra pairs from you know where
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 200nikesdeep

All 23 spots filled.

smokin.gif

pimp.gif
Lets just hope we can also get 2 extra pairs from you know where
wink.gif
if they're only handing out 23 #s that doesn't make sense unless they assign sizes to #s.

I personally think giving numbers away and sending people home is a bunch of horse $#$@ .. I mean seriously .. if it is like this all the time I might justroll with my crew three to fourdays out in advance and act like we are going to camp get number and go home to sleep ... hell at any giving point I can roundat least 30-50 heads .....

so who's to say Im not going out with 5 dudes just to split $#$@ and buy two to three to resell .. come on ...

if I was the manager of one of these store I would have some time of control over what Im doin .. I suppose I close that night take names then when I open inthe morning call out the names and the order they where in and somtime during the day I call the names again and maybe when I close the store once agian and ifthe same names are there or what not Ill give out numbers to those that been there the entire time and send them home because Im pretty sure them people aregoing to stay the entire time .. but that shifting people and holding others spot etc etc etc is unfair for them looners that have to ruff it out the entiretime or them people that cant get any pairs because these resellers ...

well thats my two cents

so just curious, is there anyone coming to saint louis from the boards? we've had a few hundred phone calls over the last week with people askingquestions. let's see how the most anticapted shoe release in recent memory goes down in america's most dangerous city.

FireFly... A spot (not going to name it) in Fordham in the bronx made it to the list of spots that are suppose to be getting it but I went a little too lateand it was closed,but one spot said they wasn't getting it...The other spot that was closed doesn't even look like they're getting it...?

Good to see niketown gave otu wristbands. Too cold for these dudes to be out there anyway

Originally Posted by BabyMJ

Originally Posted by 200nikesdeep

All 23 spots filled.

smokin.gif

pimp.gif
Lets just hope we can also get 2 extra pairs from you know where
wink.gif
if they're only handing out 23 #s that doesn't make sense unless they assign sizes to #s
Sizes where taken and numbers where given out

looks like the only places now are House of Hoops, champs Times Square Nba store, & Moe's any body know how theydoing the release & if its ppl out there?

After reading all these horror stories and camping before even the release day, I'm glad I dont have to go through all this...I'd be salty as well.

looks like the only places now are House of Hoops, champs Times Square Nba store, & Moe's any body know how they doing the release & if its ppl out there?

All those spots are already full.No idea about Moe's or house of hoops and the NBA store though...

Back
Top Bottom