~~Official Apple iOS5 + iCloud WWDC Live today: 10am PST/1pm EST~~

I don't understand how people are saying the WWDC sucked? They announced some features on Lion and iOS 5 that I'm very excited about and looking forward to. What were y'all expecting?

I don't understand how people are saying the WWDC sucked? They announced some features on Lion and iOS 5 that I'm very excited about and looking forward to. What were y'all expecting?

seriously what were you guys expecting?

and to ^^^ 4G is hardware...

people complain about how the iphone is lacking features...apple adds them so you don't have to jb, and people complain?

people are never happy
laugh.gif

people complain about how the iphone is lacking features...apple adds them so you don't have to jb, and people complain?

people are never happy
laugh.gif

so let me get this straight, i need to open an app to see what my other app wants?

they should done a palm style notification bar. all that extra space on the bottom would have been perfect.

so let me get this straight, i need to open an app to see what my other app wants?

they should done a palm style notification bar. all that extra space on the bottom would have been perfect.

So Apple blatantly rips off some ideas from the jailbreaking community. No legal ramifications, though? In short, can they do that?

guess that "new" Notification Center will make me uninstall LockInfo. Heck, I might un-jailbreak my iPhone (Jailbroken since Day 1
pimp.gif
). All I need is Apple to make a quick reply option, similar to BiteSMS, and I'm good. I'll forget about themes and jailbreaking altogether.

So Apple blatantly rips off some ideas from the jailbreaking community. No legal ramifications, though? In short, can they do that?

guess that "new" Notification Center will make me uninstall LockInfo. Heck, I might un-jailbreak my iPhone (Jailbroken since Day 1
pimp.gif
). All I need is Apple to make a quick reply option, similar to BiteSMS, and I'm good. I'll forget about themes and jailbreaking altogether.

^yup. That was fast

iOS 5 jailbroken
BY THOMAS RICKER
POSTED JUN 7TH 2011 05:58AM

See those Cydia and iSSH icons? How about the Reminders and Newstand apps, see those? What you're looking at is the harmonious coexistence of hacks and Apple's virgin iOS 5 beta release running on a 4th generation iPod touch. In other words, MuscleNerd and Co are letting us know that iOS 5 presents few surprises so far when its comes to closing the existing holes exploited by the tethered limera1n jailbreak.

^yup. That was fast

iOS 5 jailbroken
BY THOMAS RICKER
POSTED JUN 7TH 2011 05:58AM

See those Cydia and iSSH icons? How about the Reminders and Newstand apps, see those? What you're looking at is the harmonious coexistence of hacks and Apple's virgin iOS 5 beta release running on a 4th generation iPod touch. In other words, MuscleNerd and Co are letting us know that iOS 5 presents few surprises so far when its comes to closing the existing holes exploited by the tethered limera1n jailbreak.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

pimp.gif
WHY ISNT THIS AN OPTION??????????????????

I will not upgrade my phone unless it can be jailbroken for this and this reason alone.

Quick Reply texting is completely mandatory for me to use my phone.  I am excited about the updated safari and twitter integration on my ipad.  I am also excited about iMessage so i can text from my ipad over wifi. 

But other then that i was expecting more from ios 5 basically a native talk to text app would have been nice.  I drive a lot and text and drive a ton.  A really good in-house built talk to text app would have been appreciated and was on the rumor list.  But like everyone said most of the stuff they came out with has been available in the jailbreak community for a while.  I wish apple would start releasing different icon packages and themes and tweaks in the app store just like cydia.  

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

pimp.gif
WHY ISNT THIS AN OPTION??????????????????

I will not upgrade my phone unless it can be jailbroken for this and this reason alone.

Quick Reply texting is completely mandatory for me to use my phone.  I am excited about the updated safari and twitter integration on my ipad.  I am also excited about iMessage so i can text from my ipad over wifi. 

But other then that i was expecting more from ios 5 basically a native talk to text app would have been nice.  I drive a lot and text and drive a ton.  A really good in-house built talk to text app would have been appreciated and was on the rumor list.  But like everyone said most of the stuff they came out with has been available in the jailbreak community for a while.  I wish apple would start releasing different icon packages and themes and tweaks in the app store just like cydia.  

Originally Posted by bjamez20

people are never happy
laugh.gif
lmao exactly.   people complained that android/jailbroken iphones/wp7/palm/blackberry  had certain features that iphone didn't.  Apple then ADDS those missing features, then people complain again that it's a ripoff.  

Originally Posted by bjamez20

people are never happy
laugh.gif
lmao exactly.   people complained that android/jailbroken iphones/wp7/palm/blackberry  had certain features that iphone didn't.  Apple then ADDS those missing features, then people complain again that it's a ripoff.  

What I'm most happy about:
iOS 5 will ship in the fall to the following devices: iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, iPad 1 and 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation.

My backup phone is still getting updates.
pimp.gif

What I'm most happy about:
iOS 5 will ship in the fall to the following devices: iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, iPad 1 and 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation.

My backup phone is still getting updates.
pimp.gif

Customize-Messages-iOS-5.png

Looks like that might be a quick reply there "alerts"

Pic is from ios5 setting up your alerts.

Really hoping it is.....but skeptic

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Alerts will be the same as they are now judging from that.  I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Alerts will be the same as they are now judging from that.  I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Jking0821 wrote:

Dam.....your prob right

frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom