OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

did some molecular gastronomy last night at work, made some raspberry caviar to top a butter poached cod w/ a banana cayenne creme anglais and a cilantro sugar fan.  sorry no pics.  going to do it again but better.

some foccacia loaves and a banana cream pie.

alien.gif

did some molecular gastronomy last night at work, made some raspberry caviar to top a butter poached cod w/ a banana cayenne creme anglais and a cilantro sugar fan.  sorry no pics.  going to do it again but better.

some foccacia loaves and a banana cream pie.

alien.gif

Anyone have some keto friendly recipes they favor? I'm having a hard time incorporating more fat into my diet because I prefer lean proteins and really loved legumes.

Anyone have some keto friendly recipes they favor? I'm having a hard time incorporating more fat into my diet because I prefer lean proteins and really loved legumes.

swag, got a stage with one of alex roberts restaurants. dude is one of the chefs running mpls right now.

swag, got a stage with one of alex roberts restaurants. dude is one of the chefs running mpls right now.

Got that job I mentioned above.

A skrimp PO boy I made today. Homemade everything, bun too. With a ginger cilantro aoli.

Got that job I mentioned above.

A skrimp PO boy I made today. Homemade everything, bun too. With a ginger cilantro aoli.

Congrats on the job man
pimp.gif

I made some Brats tonight for dinner...Boiled them in beer, onions, hot sauce then threw them on the grill for a few..It was
pimp.gif

What is the best way to grill a steak and get it cooked medium?

Congrats on the job man
pimp.gif

I made some Brats tonight for dinner...Boiled them in beer, onions, hot sauce then threw them on the grill for a few..It was
pimp.gif

What is the best way to grill a steak and get it cooked medium?

Thanks bros. I was bbqing tonight too.

I'd just cook it on the grill for a few minutes on each side and season it it olive oil, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. I don't do much with steaks.

Thanks bros. I was bbqing tonight too.

I'd just cook it on the grill for a few minutes on each side and season it it olive oil, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. I don't do much with steaks.

For those that took a program at a cc how much did the program run you guys?

Do you guys recommend holding off on this if you're pursuing a totally different undergrad degree at the same time?

I'm starting to enjoy cooking and think it would be cool to cook on the side for a little extra income.

Do you guys recommend holding off on this if you're pursuing a totally different undergrad degree at the same time?

I'm starting to enjoy cooking and think it would be cool to cook on the side for a little extra income.

Originally Posted by 4one5

i'm guessing you're in sf judging by your sn.

i'm going to ccsf in their culinary arts and hospitality studies program. since the price per unit went up this past semester it costs me about $500 + for all the classes i need to take (classes for the program + general ed classes). if you apply for financial aid, even if you don't get it, you should still get a waiver for your tuition and end up paying like $26 just for fees. they work with a company that sells knife kits at about $230 that includes what you'd need in their kitchen, pretty basic knives (victorinox brand). uniform is like $60 for a coat, pants, apron, and a hat.

and i would recommend holding off on the program if you're doing something else. these are long hours we're talking about with physical labor involved. 1st semester, we were doing 5 hours in the kitchen and an hour after that for lecture.

and for your last statement.. it's pretty much backwards in this industry. you cook and then you do something on the side for extra income.

Originally Posted by 4one5

i'm guessing you're in sf judging by your sn.

i'm going to ccsf in their culinary arts and hospitality studies program. since the price per unit went up this past semester it costs me about $500 + for all the classes i need to take (classes for the program + general ed classes). if you apply for financial aid, even if you don't get it, you should still get a waiver for your tuition and end up paying like $26 just for fees. they work with a company that sells knife kits at about $230 that includes what you'd need in their kitchen, pretty basic knives (victorinox brand). uniform is like $60 for a coat, pants, apron, and a hat.

and i would recommend holding off on the program if you're doing something else. these are long hours we're talking about with physical labor involved. 1st semester, we were doing 5 hours in the kitchen and an hour after that for lecture.

and for your last statement.. it's pretty much backwards in this industry. you cook and then you do something on the side for extra income.

ced25a8ef0bde74538455d0676c6f8b24d215cb.jpg

Crappy pic. Today's breakfast. Protein pancakes. I've changed my eating habits for the better, changed my life around weight wise, but at the end of the day i'm still the fat kid. I'll always be, just differently 
laugh.gif

My instagram is mainly foodshots and Dodger stuff.

This was my first crack at trying to make them. Buckwheat flour, flax, oats were the main components. Will be making them again
smile.gif

ced25a8ef0bde74538455d0676c6f8b24d215cb.jpg

Crappy pic. Today's breakfast. Protein pancakes. I've changed my eating habits for the better, changed my life around weight wise, but at the end of the day i'm still the fat kid. I'll always be, just differently 
laugh.gif

My instagram is mainly foodshots and Dodger stuff.

This was my first crack at trying to make them. Buckwheat flour, flax, oats were the main components. Will be making them again
smile.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks man.

Here's the recipe, if anyone cares.

Spoiler [+]
I was reading one clean recipe, and was reading the BB post your protein pancakes, and tried to take out what I envisioned would work from all the posts and made my own mishmash from it haha

1cup Buckwheat Flour
1/2C Oats
1TSP Vanilla Extract
1TSP Baking Powder
1TSP Cinnamon
2TBSP Flax
1C Whole Wheat Flour
2C Almond Milk
5oz Water
1TBSP raw sugar
I've had some issues with whey so I just bought a couple tubs of Soy Protein. 1 scoop of that.

I pulsed everything a few times before letting the blender go until smooth. I used Olive Oil spray , and tossed em into the toaster oven on "warm" as churned out the rest. I was happy with the result, but could probably stand to add a bit more water and halve the cinnamon.
It yields six cakes, but I could've added a few more oz water to make it go further IMHO. Hope this helps someone
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom