OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I got Bats and Superman along with my usual indie and Marvel pick ups but haven't read yet. Got Super just to give it a fair chance.

I barely read any of New52 Supes solo stuff.

Last edited:
Anyone check out Civil War ll #1? Had a few problems here and there, but for the most part i'm liking what i'm seeing. Hopefully its handled better than the original was.

I got a CW2 preview in my bag. I flipped through it. It hasn't really interested me still. I read the Totally Awesome Hulk preview and Bruce Banner is back? I'm so lost. I haven't read Totally Awesome Hulk.

I liked Amadeus Cho before he was the Hulk, but I wasn't a fan of a Hulk with complete control, perfectly fitting shorts, and a fauxhawk. The title is kind of cringeworthy too. The Hulk is supposed to be a monster, not a model. When he transforms, he grows and his clothes become tattered. It's part of the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde dynamic. Any Hulk fans read that series?

Wait Bruce is back? Last time I checked Amadeus was still Hulk. Granted, i'm not upset to hear that, because I don't care much for Amadeus as the Hulk either. His big thing was his intelligence. Giving him a ton of physical abilities then seems unnecessary, especially if he's then in almost perfect control of himself all the time. Control is nice and all, but it's far less interesting as a concept than Banner, who despite his intelligence has nearly always lacked control and been in a constant struggle to form some type of balance. His numerous mental and emotional issues have then given rise to multiple different Hulks over the years. From the bits i've read Amadeus comes off as a guy who is just so in love with all the power he has now. Which I get, but it's still less interesting than Banner Hulk.

It's still Cho. I just saw Bruce was in the preview of the next TAH. He doesn't Hulk out in it. He stumbles into a bar in a desert area. I don't read that series so I don't know if Bruce has already shown up in it.

Marvel needs to stop playing. Stop teasing people by mentioning Blade and please make another series with a good writer and good artists.

Also, why are all the black heroes meeting in a room with Sam Wilson? :lol: I don't read that series either.

They also had like 8 holograms of Blade in X-Men 92 #4 in the Danger Room. :lol:

If Marvel has definitely edged out other publications, it's because of their black heroes

Way too many badass black characters to name

If you don't mind spoilers, they're all meeting up cuz of the death of James "Rhodey" Rhodes a.k.a. War Machine.

This like the 4th or 5th time all the black heroes linked up.

As for the black heroes point, pretty much. Miles, Blue Marvel, and a few others ain't even ther to show how extensive it is.

Gonna be a problem when they start expanding and elevating their Latino characters.

The Blade series is still coming. Might be waiting to line up with the Blade tv/movie announcement.

Anyone check out Civil War ll #1? Had a few problems here and there, but for the most part i'm liking what i'm seeing. Hopefully its handled better than the original was.
can you explain more of why you thought that.

If you don't mind spoilers, they're all meeting up cuz of the death of James "Rhodey" Rhodes a.k.a. War Machine.

This like the 4th or 5th time all the black heroes linked up.

As for the black heroes point, pretty much. Miles, Blue Marvel, and a few others ain't even ther to show how extensive it is.

Gonna be a problem when they start expanding and elevating their Latino characters.

The Blade series is still coming. Might be waiting to line up with the Blade tv/movie announcement.

wait what... is he not goign to be in CWII now

Of course Rhodey dies after they say they want him on the path to becoming president. I wouldn't mind seeing President Rhodes.

wait what... is he not goign to be in CWII now
Who you talking about Rhodey? Or Blade?

Dunno about Blade. He may show up in a few tie-in books if not the main event.

Rhodey was in CW2 and now he's not. may be the same for She-Hulk.

Of course Rhodey dies after they say they want him on the path to becoming president. I wouldn't mind seeing President Rhodes.
Maybe when he's alive again.

I also think they might be setting up Sam Wilson, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Last edited:
Maybe when hes alive again.

I also think they might be setting up Sam Wilson, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

:rofl: forgot for a second that this is comics, of course he'll be back. Bets on how?

Hmmmmm.... I haven't been reading the Sam Cap. Is it good?

no need to be detailed with it. lol dont need another Jay vs Zik text battle.

and damnit zik spoiled me with rhodey i havent read this months CW2 yet

My bad I legit thought everybody knew since it was leaked months in advance and there was a bit of controversy about it.

Well someone has to die and again its comics. He'll be back. Cap will not be a Hydra agent. Status Quo will be back in order. I swear people flip about the strangest things in comics. I remember when everyone whined about Superior Spider-Man. That was a good run to me.

no need to be detailed with it. lol dont need another Jay vs Zik text battle.

and damnit zik spoiled me with rhodey i havent read this months CW2 yet

Wow looking through my old posts brings up some good memories :lol: Like my text wall battles with Zik over the Sentinels, Age of Ultron, Miles Morales and Hickman's Avengers. Good times. Man we really did argue a lot back then in the MCU thread. No wonder people expect it to happen now. :rofl:

I don't think the Civil War comic comment was a debate though. Somehow we got on the topic of Marvel Events, either from a specific decade or like the past ten years or so and I think I just briefly went into detail on Civil War because of all the events we were speaking about it's one I really don't care for too much.

But anyways i'll just go ahead and mention some stuff off the top of my head.

When Civil War was taking place the landscape of comics was different than it is now. Heroes had fought before, but rarely anything on that scale, especially not recently. So the event was extremely hyped, with a lot of people interested in it. I won't say that I was one of them, but I did want to see how it played out. In my mind, when you're taking 2 heroes and having them fight over something what is more important than anything else is ensuring that both characters are treated with respect, based off of their long and distinguished careers. Not only for fans of both characters, but because that's how heroes should be treated. Therefore, it's best for the story to be written in such a way that whether you agree with one character over the other you can understand the argument the character is making, agree with parts of the argument and the logic behind them, and still see the decisions being made as being in line with the character's history. Civil War started out doing that, with Steve choosing not to go with the Registration Act and Tony choosing to support it, but very quickly went off the rails. I've said it before, by the very end of it there is just no way you can stand by everything Tony's done. It nearly destroyed his character, did destroy his character for many. And on some level, Captain America was just as bad, but at least he realizes it at the very end. Even then though the entire argument really just becomes insanely tipped in favor of the side that's against Registration, which I think was a disservice to the fans and a genuinely interesting debate topic. The numerous different writers involved really just made the entire thing worse, because so many wanted to push their own agendas instead of just telling a good story. Perhaps the lowest point in the series was when a character, wanna say her name was Sally Finn? Floyd? Something with an F, talked down to Captain America about how he didn't understand modern America, using crap like American Idol and MySpace :smh: That's representative of the entire event for me though. That could've been an interesting and powerful moment, really hitting on something important, but it was ruined by bad writing.

And what's worse is the Registration Act itself. It was very clear that the writers didn't collaborate and create a detailed layout for what the actual rules and regulations of the Registration Act was going to be before getting started, and that hurt the story terribly. In some books the Act was required for a person with powers to fight crime at all. These people could then choose to either use their powers, not use them, or get trained to properly use them so that they wouldn't hurt anyone. The training was required, but if they didn't want to use them afterwards that was perfectly fine. There was nothing to imply they were going to be locked up or forced to join an army or anything. Many people then chose to fight crime, because superheroes. Then you had other books, where people were forcibly being captured if they had powers, regardless of what they wanted to do with them, and the "heroes" on the side of Registration were ok with this. Hell, Luke Cage made it clear he had no intention of using his powers from then on and was attacked in his home the second the Act was signed into law. :smh: I remember there was a point where a bunch of teens were told they could either fight for the Initiative, have their powers stripped away, or get thrown into jail :smh: It was just all over the place, with some actions coming off as being done to specifically make people supporting Registration look like monsters that barely resembled who they'd been before the event. There's a reason that Dr. Strange told Tony come Secret Invasion that a number of people feared he'd been replaced by a Skrull.

In light of how Civil War turned out I actually think that it looks even more ridiculous, because at the exact same time it's going on you have Annihilation taking place in the far reaches of space, the event where an army is being led to destroy every living thing in the galaxy. It involved pretty much every cosmic character in Marvel that was relevant at the time, including freaking Galactus and in general is just a much larger, more important event, in terms of threat, than Civil War is. So everyone fighting each other on Earth ends up looking like an idiot. :lol: Best part of the Civil War aftermath was an issue with...Nova(?) speaking to Iron Man and Cap and basically calling them out for wasting time when something more important was going on

This doesn't even begin to take into account how the entire Act was made into a farce when Maria Hill (Who is probably one of the biggest **** ups in Marvel comics) attempted to arrest Cap before the Act was even passed :smh:

Well...that was longer than I expected it to be. :lol:

Last edited:

The one that's supposed to be Blade's teenage daughter? I'm not really interested in that one. I actually forgot about it until now.

I want Eric mother****** Brooks! :lol:

CWII was lit! Had me very intrigued.

Didn't know Miles was currently an Avenger. And he's not in the MCU because.....?
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom