OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

The Blade series is still coming. Might be waiting to line up with the Blade tv/movie announcement.

The one that's supposed to be Blade's teenage daughter? I'm not really interested in that one. I actually forgot about it until now.

I want Eric mother****** Brooks! :lol:
It's being completely revamped with a new artist. Possibly new writer. While I expect his daughter to still be in it she may not be the lead as implied initially.

Last edited:
holy sith!!! CWII!! :wow:
i don't understand why Thanos needs weapons... i thought he was stronger than that? :nerd:

also... seriously? that's all it took... a rocket

Last edited:
I think all those guns making Thanos look like he just raided the 90s was some sort of Bendis joke :lol: :smh: He was just a plot device in the end though.

First issue was good though.

Captain Marvel low key looks kind of bad for not calling in more people to handle Thanos :lol: She set Rhodey up for a fall with that kind of poor planning.

Last edited:
Captain Marvel low key looks kind of bad for not calling in more people to handle Thanos :lol: She set Rhodey up for a fall with that kind of poor planning.
Agreed. Rhodey should of never been in close range, not that half those people should be either, but definitely not him. She did use A-Force, Inhumans, and Ultimates but seeing has several members overlap on those teams, it was no where what they needed. Obviously Carol didn't want to tell Tony because he was skeptical of the idea of using the ability like that, but the fact remains it was Thanos, and like the celestial, he would of had no problem assisting with his entire Avengers team. Thanos could of been going on a stroll through the park, Tony wasn't going to argue "we shouldn't arrest him".

That entire fight was a mess. Look at the coordination and planning they had for the celestial being to deal with, they just treated Thanos as some street villian that they should show up take it as it comes method. Oh Rhodey is up here too lets let him tag along type of planning. :smh:

Last edited:
Wow looking through my old posts brings up some good memories :lol: Like my text wall battles with Zik over the Sentinels, Age of Ultron, Miles Morales and Hickman's Avengers. Good times. Man we really did argue a lot back then in the MCU thread. No wonder people expect it to happen now. :rofl:

I don't think the Civil War comic comment was a debate though. Somehow we got on the topic of Marvel Events, either from a specific decade or like the past ten years or so and I think I just briefly went into detail on Civil War because of all the events we were speaking about it's one I really don't care for too much.

But anyways i'll just go ahead and mention some stuff off the top of my head.

When Civil War was taking place the landscape of comics was different than it is now. Heroes had fought before, but rarely anything on that scale, especially not recently. So the event was extremely hyped, with a lot of people interested in it. I won't say that I was one of them, but I did want to see how it played out. In my mind, when you're taking 2 heroes and having them fight over something what is more important than anything else is ensuring that both characters are treated with respect, based off of their long and distinguished careers. Not only for fans of both characters, but because that's how heroes should be treated. Therefore, it's best for the story to be written in such a way that whether you agree with one character over the other you can understand the argument the character is making, agree with parts of the argument and the logic behind them, and still see the decisions being made as being in line with the character's history. Civil War started out doing that, with Steve choosing not to go with the Registration Act and Tony choosing to support it, but very quickly went off the rails. I've said it before, by the very end of it there is just no way you can stand by everything Tony's done. It nearly destroyed his character, did destroy his character for many. And on some level, Captain America was just as bad, but at least he realizes it at the very end. Even then though the entire argument really just becomes insanely tipped in favor of the side that's against Registration, which I think was a disservice to the fans and a genuinely interesting debate topic. The numerous different writers involved really just made the entire thing worse, because so many wanted to push their own agendas instead of just telling a good story. Perhaps the lowest point in the series was when a character, wanna say her name was Sally Finn? Floyd? Something with an F, talked down to Captain America about how he didn't understand modern America, using crap like American Idol and MySpace :smh: That's representative of the entire event for me though. That could've been an interesting and powerful moment, really hitting on something important, but it was ruined by bad writing.

And what's worse is the Registration Act itself. It was very clear that the writers didn't collaborate and create a detailed layout for what the actual rules and regulations of the Registration Act was going to be before getting started, and that hurt the story terribly. In some books the Act was required for a person with powers to fight crime at all. These people could then choose to either use their powers, not use them, or get trained to properly use them so that they wouldn't hurt anyone. The training was required, but if they didn't want to use them afterwards that was perfectly fine. There was nothing to imply they were going to be locked up or forced to join an army or anything. Many people then chose to fight crime, because superheroes. Then you had other books, where people were forcibly being captured if they had powers, regardless of what they wanted to do with them, and the "heroes" on the side of Registration were ok with this. Hell, Luke Cage made it clear he had no intention of using his powers from then on and was attacked in his home the second the Act was signed into law. :smh: I remember there was a point where a bunch of teens were told they could either fight for the Initiative, have their powers stripped away, or get thrown into jail :smh: It was just all over the place, with some actions coming off as being done to specifically make people supporting Registration look like monsters that barely resembled who they'd been before the event. There's a reason that Dr. Strange told Tony come Secret Invasion that a number of people feared he'd been replaced by a Skrull.

In light of how Civil War turned out I actually think that it looks even more ridiculous, because at the exact same time it's going on you have Annihilation taking place in the far reaches of space, the event where an army is being led to destroy every living thing in the galaxy. It involved pretty much every cosmic character in Marvel that was relevant at the time, including freaking Galactus and in general is just a much larger, more important event, in terms of threat, than Civil War is. So everyone fighting each other on Earth ends up looking like an idiot. :lol: Best part of the Civil War aftermath was an issue with...Nova(?) speaking to Iron Man and Cap and basically calling them out for wasting time when something more important was going on

This doesn't even begin to take into account how the entire Act was made into a farce when Maria Hill (Who is probably one of the biggest **** ups in Marvel comics) attempted to arrest Cap before the Act was even passed :smh:

Well...that was longer than I expected it to be. :lol:

you and ziks text battles were the worst... lmao full of information but so got damn long. and i had my older phone back then so scrolling through that was a pain in the ***.

interesting thing about CW thanks for digging that up for me.

I want Miles too, but with how young Peter is in the MCU right now, it doesn't make sense to have Miles.
No sense in building Miles up when we haven't had the true rendition of Spiderman built up yet. If they do things right, you can introduce Morales and the entire Spider-verse down the line and continue building from there.

Agreed. Rhodey should of never been in close range, not that half those people should be either, but definitely not him. She did use A-Force, Inhumans, and Ultimates but seeing has several members overlap on those teams, it was no where what they needed. Obviously Carol didn't want to tell Tony because he was skeptical of the idea of using the ability like that, but the fact remains it was Thanos, and like the celestial, he would of had no problem assisting with his entire Avengers team. Thanos could of been going on a stroll through the park, Tony wasn't going to argue "we shouldn't arrest him".

That entire fight was a mess. Look at the coordination and planning they had for the celestial being to deal with, they just treated Thanos as some street villian that they should show up take it as it comes method. Oh Rhodey is up here too lets let him tag along type of planning. :smh:

That's what i'm saying. Beyond maybe a comment about "We'll talk about you using the Inhuman kid's powers later", I highly doubt that Tony would've told her to go screw herself had she informed him about Thanos. No one on the planet wouldn't instantly jump into the fray when he's involved. Just a very bad decision to make. Honestly it comes off as if Carol's completely forgotten about all the crap Thanos has done over the years :lol: Unless this whole event ends with time travel that erases it from ever happening, Carol shouldn't be team leader anymore when this is over.
After sleeping on CW II I have to consider the fact that this catalyst was kind of dumb :x

Reading some reviews online i'm seeing a few people saying the same thing, specifically in terms of Rhodey's death.

EDIT: DC One Million Omnibus just came in and it's freaking massive :lol:

Might not be able to tell, but it's nearly twice the size of the Wonder Woman omnibus :smokin Could honestly sit down for an afternoon and spend it reading.

Last edited:
Great week. I'm not big into Supes, but I picked up Action Comics #957 and it's gotta be my favorite for the week. (Even though it confuses things a little more. Haha.) Super Lex is a boss. :pimp:

The Vision #8 was great, but I hope they're done posturing and the next issue gets to the main conflict they've built.

Yeah just off of liking the Flash show I picked up Flash rebirth, Rucka's WW, Action and Detective comics.

Then my usual Marvel stuff.

Last edited:
Been reading this new Miles Morales series. Enjoying it much more than the Peter series. A fresh take on Spider-Man.

Is Ganke supposed to be gay?
laugh.gif

And it seems like Marvel aged Miles up like a good 3 years after Secret Wars.

Last edited:
Just read WW. Really didn't like it.

Rare miss from a Rucka book for me.

Wasn't orginally goign to pick it up, but decided to because everyone kept saying Rucka's WW is the best. Was disappointed in the read. I probably will get the #1 but very unlikely will get any past that unless its incredible. The alternating stories past/present was a reason I initially didn't want to try it, but this rebirth issue let me down even more.

Been reading this new Miles Morales series. Enjoying it much more than the Peter series. A fresh take on Spider-Man.

Is Ganke supposed to be gay? :lol:  

And it seems like Marvel aged Miles up like a good 3 years after Secret Wars.

Thought they did that after they killed his mom's? I know he stopped being Spider-man after that for awhile. Maybe it was a couple months but I know the art direction changed to make him appear older after that arc.

I don't see anything pointing to Miles being aged up 3 years in this new run. That'd make him a junior but he's still going to the same kind of school he was before.

Just compare him to Kamala and Sam.

At best another year passed for him including the 8 month time skip. They're cementing him as the Spidey in HS so I doubt college is on the horizon.

I'm reading DC Universe Rebirth...

Just so I can understand this, Aqualad is gay?

What issue did I miss this memo? Young justice had him secretly in love with another woman.

I'm reading DC Universe Rebirth...

Just so I can understand this, Aqualad is gay?

What issue did I miss this memo? Young justice had him secretly in love with another woman.

Young Justice and the comics are two different continuities.

And based on their backstories, YJ Aqualad and comics Aqualad are very different characters anyway.

Last edited:
Make sense...

Curious, how many of Yall actually buying the comics? Or, reading it digital?

Got the nice digital package that don't cost much.

I also like to support my local comic shop every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom