OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

^ You've never been a DC guy tho. :lol:

Hal Jordan and Aquaman are worth checking out in my opinion. I think they might be the low key two best runs from Rebirth. Venditti and Abnett have been crafting great long-form stories with them. They're both about to end though. Hal Jordan and the GLC has one issue left and Abnett isn't on Aquaman for much longer.

Anyone see Namor's new look? I don't know how I feel about it. If you ask me, vest Namor is the best Namor.

AVEN2018009-Cov.jpg

Kinda looks like Phoenix Force Namor meets New 52 Lobo to me.

Anyone hear of a new indie publisher called Ahoy Comics? I just found this book from them coming soon called The Wrong Earth and it sounds dope. Not familiar with the creative team, but it's from Tom Peyer and Jamal Igle. The cut-off to order it from comic shops is August 3rd.

http://comicsahoy.com/news/praise-wrong-earth
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL181526

THE WRONG EARTH 6 Issue mini-series by Tom Peyer and Jamal Igle

AHOY Comics launches with a biting superhero satire written by Tom Peyer (Captain Kid, Hourman), penciled by Jamal Igle (Black, Supergirl), inked by Juan Castro (Transformers), and colored by Andy Troy. On one world, Dragonflyman and his sidekick Stinger enjoy a life of adventure. On another Earth, the Dragonfly hunts criminal parasites like a lethal exterminator. But what happens when these two heroes change places?

“I just want you to know that I’ve loved Tom Peyer’s genius brain for thirty years and THE WRONG EARTH is just pure, undiluted Tom Peyer as it exists in its most natural form. If you love superheroes, you NEED this. If you HATE superheroes, this will change your mind.”―Mark Millar

“I knew this was going to be good when I saw Peyer and Igle on the credits, but now I really want to see how it all plays out.”―Jeff Parker

“THE WRONG EARTH is far more than a one-note gag--Tom and Jamal have made a surprisingly deep exploration and commentary on where this medium has been, how it got to where it is, and where it can go.”―Mark Waid

On sale on September 12, 2018, THE WRONG EARTH debut issue is a full color, 40 page comic book magazine retailing for $3.99, with extras including:

• A prose story by comics legend Grant Morrison: ‘HUD’ HORNET’S HOLIDAY IN HELL, illustrated by best-selling artist Rob Steen
  • A mock “Golden Age” Stinger solo story, by Paul Constant and Frank Cammuso
  • A cartoon by Shannon Wheeler

cover.jpg

prev_001.jpg

prev_002.jpg

prev_003.jpg

prev_004.jpg

prev_005.jpg

prev_006.jpg

They better not kill Booster, Kyle, or Tim. :smh: Especially Tim, since he already "died" recently. Not even gonna buy this BS event.

No way they kill Harley. Her books sell too much. But that's who I would choose if I had a choice. :lol:

DC-Nation-2018-003-039.jpg

Donny Cates is doing a signing this Saturday at my local comic shop.

Going to have to check that out.

Any cat people in here? :lol:

Kitty Cats + Space Opera = CAPTAIN GINGER #1 Preview

Housecats meet Star Trek in this preview of October 17's Captain Ginger #1.

CAPTAIN GINGER #1
Story: Stuart Moore
Cover: June Brigman
Art: June Brigman
Inker: Roy Richardson
Colorist: Veronica Gandini
Extras: Grant Morrison, Phil Hester
When the human race died out, the cats inherited the Earth! Or at least one starship. Now the intrepid Captain Ginger struggles to keep his fellow felines united against a hostile universe. But there’s a rival for Ginger’s authority: his second-in-command, the savage Sergeant Mittens! Thirty-five pages of comic adventure—with a bite—created by writer Stuart Moore (Deadpool the Duck, Batman: Noir Alley) and artist June Brigman (Power Pack, Star Wars novels).

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/41218-kitty-cats-plus-space-opera-equals-captain-ginger-1.html

captainginger1.jpg

captainginger2.jpg

captainginger3.jpg

captainginger4.jpg

captainginger5.jpg

captainginger6.jpg

Anyone see Namor's new look? I don't know how I feel about it. If you ask me, vest Namor is the best Namor.

AVEN2018009-Cov.jpg

Kinda looks like Phoenix Force Namor meets New 52 Lobo to me.
Hipster Namor lol.

Met Donny Cates this weekend at my LCS and he was really, really, cool to talk to. I was fortunate enough to ask him questions about what it's like writing for Marvel and how he works with artists for the books he's writing. Really, cool. I was able to get Venom #1 , Cosmic Ghost Rider, and a couple of Thanos issues signed.

Also had the chance to catch up on some comic books:

Descender #32 - The "ending" was alright. Kind of expected more, but Lemire explains why the title ends at #32 and why Ascender is being created.

Saga #54 - HOLY CRAP.
Why did he have to kill of Marko like that? I effing hate The Will

Cap #2 - Really like the direction this story is going. A Cap not being asked for help due to the fallout of the Hydra Event. Cool to see Leinel Yu do the pencils for this book too.

ASM #2 - I'm enjoying it so far. Really like Ryan Ottley's work on this book.

Infinity Wars#1 - Picked it up because Deodato was doing the artwork. Have no idea what's going on because it seems a lot was explained prior to this issue. But I thought it had good shock value at the end of the issue. Hopefully #2 will be better.

Zik what titles are you currently reading? Any favorites you recommend checking out?

Haven't been keeping up with the solicits. It's only an annual, but I guess these are the first people to work with Miles after Bendis. I don't like the Morbius characterization. Other than Bagley, it looks like a throwaway creative team.

SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1

BRYAN EDWARD HILL (W) • NELSON BLAKE II, ALITHA E. MARTINEZ, MARK BAGLEY, ROBERTO POGGI & CARLOS LOPEZ (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA
Variant Cover by RYAN BENJAMIN
STARRING MILES MORALES! Before he wore the webs, he was just Miles Morales: newly-minted Brooklyn Visions Academy student with hidden spider powers! When a Secret Invasion of Skrulls turns Manhattan upside down, Miles must choose: do his great powers come with great responsibility? A mysterious new chapter for Miles is unveiled by rising superstars Bryan Edward Hill (Detective Comics) and Nelson Blake II (Marvel New Year’s Eve Special)
34 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

SMANN-1.jpg

SMANN-2.jpg

SMANN-3.jpg

SMANN-4.jpg

SMANN-5.jpg

SMANN-6.jpg

f4byke-jpg.2087320

Just got the regular cover, because I had a lot of stuff in my box today, but there is some dope variants. I think I saw a cover with the McDuffie New Fantastic Four that had BP and Storm. The wraparound one is really nice.

Haven't read anything yet. Just the Spider-Man annual. Not bad, but it's pretty generic.

It's another introspective story for Miles to ponder over why he's Spider-Man. Because his origin, Spider-Men, Spider-Men II, and the tail end of Bendis' run wasn't enough. It takes place in the past. Some Skrulls show up out of nowhere with no explanation. Thor randomly does one thing in two panels and dips. It's a $5 issue too. Kinda wish I bought a Fantastic Four variant instead. :lol:

Unless you're a Miles completionist, it's pretty skippable. It's a throwaway story.

Back
Top Bottom